Torchwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
Anyone think this will be good? It will premiere on BBC America, an it's from the creators of Doctor Who. I'm going to check it out for sure.

I can tell you now that its about having sex with each other and alien races. The finale was stunning in my opinion though. The 'captain jack harkness' episode is the best. If you don't watch doctor who you might not understand jack's arc and what happens at the end

I can tell you now that its about having sex with each other and alien races. The finale was stunning in my opinion though. The 'captain jack harkness' episode is the best. If you don't watch doctor who you might not understand jack's arc and what happens at the end

I watch Doctor Who, but this Torchwood is just going to premiere where i'm at.

I watch Doctor Who, but this Torchwood is just going to premiere where i'm at.

Yeah, it's just now being shown on BBC-America but it's been out in England for almost a year. It occurs after Season 1 (shown in America on Sci-Fi and BBC-America) and Season 2 (shown on Sci-Fi) and leads directly into Season 3 (shown currently on Sci-Fi). The TW season ends with [blackout]Jack hearing the TARDIS and leaving with it.[/blackout]

Yeah, it's just now being shown on BBC-America but it's been out in England for almost a year. It occurs after Season 1 (shown in America on Sci-Fi and BBC-America) and Season 2 (shown on Sci-Fi) and leads directly into Season 3 (shown currently on Sci-Fi). The TW season ends with [blackout]Jack hearing the TARDIS and leaving with it.[/blackout]

Thanks for the info, I look forward to the show. :up:

I wonder if BBC America will leave the swearing in. Do they censor?

BBC America doesn't really censor, but you know, torchwood is so god damn Welsh its not even funny.

I wonder if BBC America will leave the swearing in. Do they censor?
They censor out F-bombs, but leave in mostly everything else. I do know the s-word doesn't get censored.

What the hell is wrong with BBC America? They've been rerunning season one of Doctor Who all year. They're about to start airing season 2 around the same time as Torchwood, which makes no sense. You have to catch the season 2 finale of Who before you watch Torchwood. I mean... [blackout]Cyberwoman[/blackout], people!

Meanwhile, we got Jekyll only a couple of months after its original BBC premiere.

Yeah, I see BBC is also reruning the entire series of Spooks aswell.

A&E used to air Spooks. They called it MI-5. I think I stopped watching it in the middle of season 2. It was good, I just kept forgetting it was on and fell too far behind. I might start watching again if I can restart from the beginning.

A&E used to air Spooks. They called it MI-5. I think I stopped watching it in the middle of season 2. It was good, I just kept forgetting it was on and fell too far behind. I might start watching again if I can restart from the beginning.

Yes I know it did, that's how I started watching the show. It's until then that I realized that it wasn't showing anymore on A&E. So I started watching the show from the start on BBC.

Torchwood ROCKS! I think the show fits "Jack Harkness" sooo much better than Doctor Who

They leave in alot more words than normal American stations. I hear alot of profanity on "Coupling" (great show and I totaly relate to those dudes)! I love Doctor Who and cannot wait for Torchwood.

Did the first episode already air or not? I forget the date.

Good, i'll catch it this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

Torchwood is pretty dull incomparison to Doctor Who, as it fails to have the same level of charm. The idea of a super top secret highly refined organisation doesn't really work when all they can do is sleep around.

Torchwood is pretty dull incomparison to Doctor Who, as it fails to have the same level of charm. The idea of a super top secret highly refined organisation doesn't really work when all they can do is sleep around.

It was a good show...

It was alright, I only dipped in and out of it, rather than mature story telling for adults, it was just explicit for the sake of it;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"