Torn between systems, Please give opinions..

Yeah, GTA could very well be a deciding factor for a lot of people. You want more GTA, get a 360.
But for that to make a difference, Microsoft will have to make their homework (something they don´t do a lot, specially in Europe).
How will it make a difference, when, in many countries in Europe, the 360 doesn´t have any impact?

Isildur´s Heir;14054557 said:
Ever heard of Gears of War 2, Alan Wake, Too Human, Banjo Kazooie 3, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Age of Conan, GTA 4 exclusive episodes, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson´s Halo, Don King Presents: Prizefighter, Left 4 Dead, Infinite Undiscovery, Perfect Dark 2?......and there are till unannounced projects.

yeah...because all of those games you mentioned are sure to be golden :whatever: i said the 360's best games are already out. while ProjectPat pointed out that statement was pushing it a bit (it was) i was referring to recently released and near future games. i just posted that there are plenty of good games coming out for the 360 but the best exclusives are already out....and like i said, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

And is the all, the 360 is just to play games?
Does the PS3 heats your food, gives you a bath, sings and make phone calls?
The 360 has tons of movies and tv shows in HD in Marketplace, something the PS3 doesn´t.
good point and that's something he should consider when making his choice. however, i'd like to counter by saying that those movies and tv shows probably don't output at true 1080p.

Hey Dorky....Why so Delirious?
how about you keep the personal crap out of this? if you want to argue the points then argue the points and not the poster. he isn't asking who gives the best advice, he asked our opinions. counter my points, not my character.

All in all, both have pros and cons
agreed. Timstuff put it in the best way it can be explained simply imo. get the 360 if you like shooters and online content. get the PS3 if you like Japanese games and HD movies. i'll add to that by saying...if you have the dough, get both.

Isildur´s Heir;14055235 said:
But for that to make a difference, Microsoft will have to make their homework (something they don´t do a lot, specially in Europe).
How will it make a difference, when, in many countries in Europe, the 360 doesn´t have any impact?

That's true. GTA is something people usually associate with the PS2 over here, the same for Pro Evolution Soccer, which a lot of people bought PS3s for even though the 360 version was easily the best.

yeah...because all of those games you mentioned are sure to be golden :whatever:

Actually, pretty much all of them are. :huh:

Gears of War 2 - Will own
Alan Wake - This is sure to be great
Too Human - Again, will probably be fantastic
Banjo Kazooie 3 - Already proven to be fantastic
Fable 2 - Past game makes it iffy, but people are anticipating Killzone 2, arn't they?
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Will be stunning
Age of Conan - No idea if it'll be good
GTA 4 exclusive episodes - 360's main victory over PS3 at this point in time imo.
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Might be on PS3, but when has this series ever been bad?
Halo Wars - Looks great
Peter Jackson´s Halo - What part of Peter Jackson and Halo could possibly go wrong?
Don King Presents: Prizefighter - ...I'll give you that one
Left 4 Dead - This looks to be really good
Infinite Undiscovery - Haven't heard of it
Perfect Dark 2 - Well that'll be crappy I guess

Looks to be a very good year for the 360 imo, regardless of what's coming out on PS3.

those games he listed, i'm sure will be fun....but sans Gears of War 2, none of those games look to be Halo 3, Bioshock, or Mass Effect calibur. that's what i meant by when i said "golden". i'm sure a lot of those will be bronze or silver, but maybe a few of those will be GOLDEN.

i never meant for my statement to sound like the 360 has NO good games coming out this year. i was more or less saying that the best exclusive games for the 360 (top of the barrel) are already out. i'm not saying that the 360 is in trouble because they have nothing coming out this year...just saying don't expect golden exclusives like Halo 3, Mass and Bioshock for the 360 this year. the 360 definitely has great games coming out though....like you guys have already mentioned, GTA4 exclusive online content is sure to win over many gamers.

I'm torn between XBox 360 and PS3 as to which one I will buy. The reason I'm torn is because they mostly share a lot of titles except for certain ones, but I was interested in PS3 for the blue-ray playability and graphics, even tho 360 has good graphics(and I'm really looking forward to Fable2)..but no blue-ray. Also does PS3 have online play, if so is it free like nintendo or do you have to pay like 360? So I wanted the opinions of you guys who have either system or maybe both as to why you think one has an edge over the other. I would appriciate the feedback in hopes that it might help me to weigh them and see which would fit me better. Thanks.:yay:

What kind of games are you interested in? Are you a big fan of Final Fantasy? The graphics on just about every multi platform game are either basically the same or slightly better on the 360. The overall quality of multi platform games, the games that both systems share, is better on the 360. That's not fanboy biased talk, everyone should be at least able to admit to that by now.

those games he listed, i'm sure will be fun....but sans Gears of War 2, none of those games look to be Halo 3, Bioshock, or Mass Effect calibur. that's what i meant by when i said "golden". i'm sure a lot of those will be bronze or silver, but maybe a few of those will be GOLDEN.

Well i wont really argue this too hard as peoples opinions change on games, but i think Alan Wake could easily be another BioShock or even be on par with Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I also think Fable 2 will truly deliver on everything Molyneux has promised.

I say that because everyone is going the download route, is not only music anymore, but download movies is a reality too (something that the PS3 doesn´t have)

As for this comment, yea i can see that, but at the moment what Microsoft offers, isnt good enough in my opinion. It needs to be like iTunes, give me the ability to purchase the movie, not just rent it. Id love to download all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in HD, but i cant, i can only "rent" them via the Marketplace.

Well i wont really argue this too hard as peoples opinions change on games, but i think Alan Wake could easily be another BioShock or even be on par with Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I also think Fable 2 will truly deliver on everything Molyneux has promised.
i honestly don't have an opinion on Fable 2 because i'm not into RPG's as much as i was before, but i could easily see Alan Wake being a sleeper hit. i wanna see some gameplay footage soon though...

i honestly don't have an opinion on Fable 2 because i'm not into RPG's as much as i was before, but i could easily see Alan Wake being a sleeper hit. i wanna see some gameplay footage soon though...

Yea, im in the same boat, with both Fable and AW. I went into Fable not really expecting much, nor with any excitement but i ended up loving it. As for Alan Wake, based on what Remedy has said, i think this could be a really really cool title and hopefully we will see some gameplay footage during next weeks GDC.

As for this comment, yea i can see that, but at the moment what Microsoft offers, isnt good enough in my opinion. It needs to be like iTunes, give me the ability to purchase the movie, not just rent it. Id love to download all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in HD, but i cant, i can only "rent" them via the Marketplace.
But, iTunes works as rent too.....

Isildur´s Heir;14055783 said:
But, iTunes works as rent too.....

No it doesnt, at least not on the same level as the Marketplace. Once you download a movie from marketplace, watch it, it then dissapears after what 24, 48 hours? Not so with iTunes, unless you actually use the "rent" option.

No it doesnt, at least not on the same level as the Marketplace. Once you download a movie from marketplace, watch it, it then dissapears after what 24, 48 hours? Not so with iTunes, unless you actually use the "rent" option.
I thought you could only rent.....ok then.

Isildur´s Heir;14056119 said:
I thought you could only rent.....ok then.

yea, iTunes recently just gave users the option to rent.

I don´t know if that was intention all along (bet it wasn´t), but you sound like a PS3 fanboy.
It´s not true that the 360 doesn´t have "Golden" games coming out this year, that idea doesn´t even make sense.
If you go that way, what does the PS3 have this year, besides MGS 4and Final Fantasy 13?
Little Big Planet looks amazing, but, it´s still a big unknown as far as gameplay goes.
And then what?
God of War 3...absolutely, i´ll a PS3 (if haven´t already by then) for that game, but let´s look at 09 for that one.
Tekken 6, Grand Turismo 5...are those games really make a difference?
The 360 has Dead or Alive, Project Racing and Forza.
The only game (I´m not much into MGS) that, for the look of it, sounds really cool is Infamous...and Little Big Planet, if the gameplay matches the originality.
And don´t give me Killzone 2, The Gateway 3 or Haze, none of those is more "Golden" than the ones i gave, in fact, they are not as "Golden" as the ones i gave because both previous The Gateway and Killzone were hardly what was announced about them.
Haze can be great, but it´s still an unkown (i like the dev).
The same goes to Heavy Rain, which as "golden" can be rated is on par with Alan Wake.

As for the ones i gave:

Gears of War 2 - I´m not going to bother
Alan Wake - By Remedy, the makes of Max Payne
Too Human - So far, Silicon Knights always delivered what they promises, and if this is equal, it blow everyone´s mind
Banjo Kazooie 3 - The only platform that can give Mario a run for it´s money
Fable 2 - This one might go either way, either being more of the same (was good, but didn´t delivered everything) or be just amazing and Molyneux can deliever that
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Play the first, ask me again after that
Age of Conan - Ok, that´s a big unknown, but as potential. The first big Single Player/Multiplayer hybrid (starts SP, after the storyline, continues as MP)
GTA 4 exclusive episodes - As good as the game end on being
Splinter Cell: Conviction - So far is exclusive, and Sam Fisher rocks
Halo Wars - Will be great, mark my words, the question, will a console fall for a RTS. From Ensemble, makers of Age of Empires and Age of Mythology, they know RTS like no one
Peter Jackson´s Halo - This one will top everything ever made. Ok, maybe i´m overreacting, but with story and direction from Peter Jackson, with graphics and effects by WETA....c´mon
Don King Presents: Prizefighter - Hate the title, as potential...let´s leave it at that for now
Left 4 Dead - This looks to be really good
Infinite Undiscovery - SquareEnix has 3 games up their sleeve, one exclusive for the PS3 (FF 13), one for both consoles (Last Remnant) and this one, exclusive for the 360.
Perfect Dark 2 - Never understood how people hate PDZ? The reviews are great. Even so, there is nothing that say that this will not be up there with the N64, is from Rare too (of course), and from what i´ve read, looks kick ass.

My sources tell me “Rare” will be back and ready to take the reigns from the Chief himself. The game is probably coming along considerably well and is a step up in the genre of first person shooters, cutting down on all the other festive string of words, Joanna dark is back in the “sequel” to the smash hit N64 game Perfect Dark.
Although most parts of the story are under wraps, I managed to get hold of a couple of hints to the game. Joanna’s character has got significant changes, she is darker than usual to give the player a feeling of a twisted edge and the entire game has tints of grey surrounding all the characters.
The world is now based on a morality system, choices are going to have a huge impact on the gameplay, giving players a variety branches in the storyline itself. (This was somewhat there in the previous games as well, but in those played out in terms of levels of difficulty).
The engine that is being used allows full interactivity with the environment, and there are probably going to be no cutscenes in the entire game, everything is going to be from the player’s perspective.
Half-life is the only game so far that can pull off such a trick and allow a pure sense of seamlessness in the entire game. The AI responds to emotions of fear and aggression of the player and its teammates.

There is still unannounced games on the 360 (Shane said so), i bet that one will be PDZ, another is one that was said to kick MGS4 ass (don´t know what)

It seems absolutely impossible to notice that Microsoft is unfazed by Metal Gear Solid 4, the titan of all games released during the year on the PS3. Splinter Cell: Conviction might not be powerful enough to scratch our beloved Solid Snake, so Microsoft has decided to bring something as brilliant as the game on the 360.Word has it that the company is in collaboration with a highly talented studio that can give their Xbox 360 something way better than Snake.
According to sources, Microsoft executives saw a brief demo of the game and came back thoroughly impressed. The core gameplay mechanics has somewhat been finalized, but the studio is yet to decide on the gameplay perspective (first person Vs third person). The game is rumored to take place in the future and will incorporate major political events that have occurred in the last few years. The studio has managed to pull off visuals that were previously thought to be next to impossible on the Xbox 360 and is supposed to look better than any PS3 game that has been shown or is available on the platform exclusively till date.

And just remembered: Lost Planet 2 is already in the making (for 360 and PC) and Dead Rising 2 is said to be in the making too, but by a western dev (only produced by Capcom), for the 360 too.

Yeah but Lost Planet sucks. Not just on the PS3. Other than that, I don't really get people saying this will be the "year of the PS3". They have Metal Gear and maybe Little Big Planet. I'm not going to put Final Fantasy in that category because even if it is good by Final Fantasy standards, not everyone is in love with J-RPGs.

I´m one of those that say that this will be the PS3 year, but starting to see that this is not the case, the 360 has many great games too.

This year will be "may the best win"

Little Big Planet. I.

Iv seen this title mentioned in other threads and iv just heard a general rumbling about it, but can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is supposed to be something to yell about???? Iv seen the videos for it and it looks sooooo stupid. Am i missing something?

I'd go with 360. Many more exclusive games that have great reviews Halo 3, Gears of War, Bioshock & Mass Effect for example. Also multi-platform games like Call of Duty 4 & Orange Box have better reviews than their PS3 counter parts. Though the lack of Blu-ray is the downside. Also XBL, although has a price, has alot of cool things.

Just make a list of the exclusive games for each system that you want to play. Whichever system has the most, go with that.

If there's a tie, flip a coin or a family member.

I appriciate everyones opinion, I expected some bias, but I was really looking for the pros and cons of both, for the most part everyone pretty much expresses what I've come to find from researching both systems....i wish i could get both, but right now I can't so I'll just have to make my decision when payday comes. Thanks again to everyone.

When you buy it, be sure to let us know your choise.
When that day comes, expect cheers from one side, and boos from the other ;)

I really can't say anything that hasn't been said already. 360 currently has the best gaming line up and online play. PS3 has BR, and IMO the better game line up for this year, and for the hardware you get more bang for your buck, again IMO. I don't have a 360, that's why I'm not speaking on it's behalf as much, I've played my friends 360 so my knowledge is limited. However I'm not a Halo fan in the least, the Orange box keeps me more than happy on that front, currently more often than not the 360 does get the better ports, but that's slowly changing and becoming more even handed as the PS3 sells better. For example, Raw vs. Smackdown 2008 for the 360 allows you to add music from your harddrive for wrestling entrance, the PS3 lets you tilt your sixaxis controller and look around the stadium as you come down to the ring.

However I'm very happy with my PS3 purchase, I bought a few months after launch and haven't regretted it or had any hardware problems, where 360's (were) known for like a 30% failure rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"