Torn between systems, Please give opinions..

I'm really not trying to start anything, but please explain how the PS3 looks to have a better game line up this year?

As for price playing in, it does. The 360 is the bargain player, it has a good line up, and is cheaper, not Wii cheap, but more like PS2 cheap (earlier in it's life that is). The PS3 IMO makes up for it however. You get a BR player, 4 USB ports, and HDMI port, at one point you got 5 free Blu-ray movies thru mail in, I've bought two (gave my 60GB to my bro for Christmas and got an 80GB for myself) so I got Motorstorm with it and some ppl got Spiderman 3 as well, Blu-tooth is integrated so no controller wires.

As for online I can't speak on the 360 front as again my knowledge is limited and I don't want to misrepresent it, the PSN is fine for me tho. It's free, Sony provides dedicated servers, free demo's and movies constantly come out, you can dl PS1 games which you can put on your PSP as well. Plus you can do remote play if you have a PSP, where you can stream games and control your PS3 from great distances. However depending on the game it can be hard to find ppl, and lack of newer versions of java hurt.

No I asked about the game line up for this year. Explain how it looks to have a better game line up this year as a lot of people have been saying.

I'm really not trying to start anything, but please explain how the PS3 looks to have a better game line up this year?

It's all in ppl's own taste which is why I said "IMO". However MGS4 and FFXIII have me sold, basically my two favorite franchises seeing releases this year. Little big planet looks interesting, a few other good titles have been announced as well. Things like Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank alrdy started the year off great, again all my opinion tho. I've heard very little on any stellar 360 games lined up this year, they had the better year last year, but IMO the PS3 has them beat this year. Plus there are a few freebies like Home, while not a game, it is free and should be out sooner than later.

No I asked about the game line up for this year. Explain how it looks to have a better game line up this year as a lot of people have been saying.

I was typing that as you responded. So that earlier post you were responding too wasn't a response to you sry. The Wii also has a great line up this year too from what I've read.

Both Uncharted and Ratchet were released last year though. It would be like saying Bioshock and Mass Effect started out this year good for the 360. And so while you admit you know nothing of the kind of games the 360 has lined up for this year, you give the PS3 the win already based more or less on 2 games. OK, I think I know everything I need to about you. Thanks for being honest.

Both Uncharted and Ratchet were released last year though. It would be like saying Bioshock and Mass Effect started out this year good for the 360. And so while you admit you know nothing of the kind of games the 360 has lined up for this year, you give the PS3 the win already based more or less on 2 games. OK, I think I know everything I need to about you. Thanks for being honest.

Wow, take a persons opinion on their style of game play enjoyment not matching yours personal much? Plus you should read more rather than just bash, I said "I've heard very little of any stellar games", I didn't say I know nothing of the 360's line up.....

I know a few games coming out for it, and none of them stack up to MGS4, and FFXIII to me personally. Heaven forbid someone have an opinion and not be the world's biggest X-box fan here heh. I don't hate the 360 in the least, it's just not my style. "I know all of you I need to know"....lol....this is why I love the Hype....

I was actually being sincere, but ok whatever.

and you said you didn't want to start anything? guess you just wanted to finish it right?

Yeah I know that type of gamer. Thats all. I was just curious to know why he thought the PS3 had a better game line up. He told me, I recognized what kind of gamer he was and that was it. Nothing personal against him. I wasn't being sarcastic.

However if you HAVE to have a comparison -

360 (exclusives I believe) -
Too Human
Condemned 2
Left for Dead
Fable 2
Infinity Undiscovery
Ninja Gaiden 2
Alan Wake

(This was taken from a youtube video which I had watched days earlier, so yes I know both line ups).

(Multiplatform)-
DMC 4
Burnout Paradise
Dynasty Warriors 6 (not a big fan of the series)
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Army of Two
Turok
Dark Sector
Brothers in Arms - Hell's highway
Mercenaries 2: World in flames
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Battlefield: Bad Company
Prototype
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV
Alone in the Dark
Bionic Commando

PS3 (Exclusives) -
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Grand Theft Auto 5: Prologue
MLB 2008 The show (not a baseball game fan honestly)
Haze
Singstar
Socom: Confrontations
The Agency (PS3 MMO)
Tekken 6
White Knight Cronicles
Afrika
Heavy Rain
Yakuzan: Kenzan
FFXIII

That doesn't include PSN games, or the much rumored God of War 3. Feel free to list more 360 exlusives.

Yeah I know that type of gamer. Thats all. I was just curious to know why he thought the PS3 had a better game line up. He told me, I recognized what kind of gamer he was and that was it. Nothing personal against him. I wasn't being sarcastic.

it's just...you said you didn't want to start anything then you made a post out of spite. there was no need for you to say anything about him as a person so it's obvious you wanted to start something. kinda contradictory but whatever. i notice a lot of people on the gaming forums like to talk about each other so i guess it's normal, but if you truly don't want to start anything then i'd suggest you stick to the topic and leave the personal comments to yourself.

Burnout Paradise

i think you got the rest right, but Burnout Paradise is multi platform.

@Jerry

Out of that list, yes I believe the PS3 has the better line up. I think someone should play what system makes them happy, and the PS3 makes me happy. I followed Sony in this gen because I like the games they've offered the previous 2 gens and like the hardware like the BR drive, and knew it wasn't going to be all doom and gloom like some ppl were saying. That eventually the PS3 would get a good stream of exclusives, and that you can't judge a console by it's release titles as release titles usually are ****. You can post any 360 exlusives you know that I didn't. However most of the 360 games announced this year that appeal to me are multiplatform. Grand Turismo as a series has always appealed to me more than other racing titles. Toss in FFXIII, MGS4, and Tekken 6 and you have me sold. God of War 3 gets announced this year, even better.

I'm not trying to start anything either, but not everyone shares your views on what makes a good line up. That and I have the flu and feel ****ty lol.

i think you got the rest right, but Burnout Paradise is multi platform.

K thnx, I'll edit it. I also have a feeling I probably missed a few for both, so if anyone wants to add to that list. It might help the title creator make up his mind to see what's coming out and don't want the 360 misrepresented as that list does look a bit small.

K thnx, I'll edit it. I also have a feeling I probably missed a few for both, so if anyone wants to add to that list. It might help the title creator make up his mind to see what's coming out and don't want the 360 misrepresented as that list does look a bit small.
you forgot Haze, FF vs XIII (assuming it comes out), Disgaea 3, Hot Shots Golf 5, and Infamous

Too Human
Condemned 2
Left for Dead
Fable 2
Infinity Undiscovery
Ninja Gaiden 2
Alan Wake
Extra Content for GTA IV

(This was taken from a youtube video which I had watched days earlier, so yes I know both line ups).

PS3 (Exclusives) -
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Haze
Singstar
The Agency (PS3 MMO)
Tekken 6
White Knight Cronicles
Afrika
Heavy Rain
FFXIII

That doesn't include PSN or Xbox Arcade games, or the much rumored God of War 3. Feel free to list more 360 exlusives.

That list kinda has a quantity over quality thing going on doesnt it?. And i haven't heard a thing about an exclusive GTA for the ps3, i know R* has an exclusive ps3 title coming out but it wont be a GTA, itll be some new franchise.

I'll say the same thing I will always say when I read this question.

It all comes down to what kind of games you like. 360 is and always will be the system of the FPS. Like the X-Box, there will be a few other gems here and there, but nothing to write home about. If you like first person shooters go with 360. If not, go with PS3 as chances are, in the long run, like the PS2 there will be a lot more variety.

블라스;14063420 said:
How about I change your face every 5 seconds by beating the tar out of it? :cmad:

Oh yeah? In my Indiana hype, I will whip the bad word out of you!

FadingCB, you missed Infamous, an awesome looking PS3 game.

Too Human
Condemned 2
Left for Dead
Fable 2
Infinity Undiscovery
Ninja Gaiden 2
Alan Wake

(Multiplatform)-
DMC 4
Burnout Paradise
Grand Theft Auto IV
Army of Two
Turok
Dark Sector
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Prototype
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV
Alone in the Dark
Bionic Commando

PS3 (Exclusives) -
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Haze
Singstar
The Agency (PS3 MMO)
Tekken 6
White Knight Cronicles
Afrika
Heavy Rain
FFXIII

That doesn't include PSN games, or the much rumored God of War 3. Feel free to list more 360 exlusives.

The real question is how many of those PS3 games were supposed to come out last year? 360 doesn't have as many games on that list because there hasn't been a major industry event lately where new games are showcased and they were able to complete all their other projects for the Christmas season. Everyone's saying the best is already released for 360, so does that mean around mid year the best will already be out for PS3 as well? We're in that point of the year where there aren't many big time videogames announced, in late Spring you'll hear about the next wave of big time 360 games and PS3 games for that matter. The 360 hasn't peaked after only a little more than 2 years on the market, have you ever heard of a system that did that? In a couple of months we'll hear about what the next big games for the 360 are.

Very Nice, thank you, AF15.

I think at this point, buying a PS3 is a point of hope and faith in Sony rather than a rational decision about what's being offered and what's not. If you think at some point in the future you will need 1080 pixels, and 780 or "false" 1080 won't be good enough, then you choose a PS3. If you think that at some point in the future you'll be building up a collection of Blu Ray DVDs as opposed to downloading High Def movies (it's already starting), then you choose a PS3. If you think that one day developers are going to finally make use of the untold processing power in PS3's hardware, then you get a PS3.

But right now? Game for game? Fact for fact? PS3 doesn't have much going for it. Unless you've already got your BluRay colletion and 1080 Big Screen up and running... I can't see much reason to buy it.

Will there be a reason to buy it this year? Probably so... FF and MGS are hard to mess up. But beyond that? You're guessing. Supposing. Hoping. Putting faith in Sony. That's a perfectly viable choice, by the way, but that's what it is. It's not rational, on any critical level. At least, that's how I see it, and that's how Sonyfans sound when they talk about all the things their PS3 is good for that they're not doing.

And the idea that the PS3 is more economical is silly. Grasping at straws... at best unscrupulous. And I don't think 'games that appeal to me' is an accurate statement unless you have played the other games. How would you know it they appeal to you? You've only seen screen shots. 'games I am familiar with' or 'games that I am interested in' would be more accurate.

But if you REALLY don't know? Buy a Wii. Play Smash Brothers Brawl, Twilight Princess and Wii Sports with some friends and have FUN. After you've learned how to have FUN playing video GAMES, then you might be ready to make a decision about which one you'll have fun with as opposed to going with brand loyalty.

I personally love the 360, but I'll gladly pick up a PS3 whenever they get some good games on there or it looks like digital movie distrubution won't cut Blu Ray's lifespan short ( a reason they rushed it out anyway).

Yeah but if you're not into Mario or any of the Nintendo franchises, you're ****ed if you buy a Wii. I'm sure Mario Galaxy is one of the best game released this year....for Mario fans. If you're not into Mario, you just aren't buying that game, whether it's the best in the series or not.

I'm a Nintendo fan. I had a PS2 last gen and 360 currently. I loved the PS2 exclusives (Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Kingdom Hearts) more than the 360 exclusives. Basically, I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to the 360 and PS3.

I'd get a 360. More games now, better exclusives. Sony is dying from the PS3 and it's possible once-exclusive franchises for PS2/3 may find their ways on other systems.

Yeah but if you're not into Mario or any of the Nintendo franchises, you're ****ed if you buy a Wii. I'm sure Mario Galaxy is one of the best game released this year....for Mario fans. If you're not into Mario, you just aren't buying that game, whether it's the best in the series or not.

If you're into good games you'll like Super Mario Galaxy. If you're a narrow-minded moron who thinks a game requires blood, guns, and/or swearing to be good, you won't like it.

Does everyone have to be into Mario? Is that like a rule or something? I'm not saying it's a bad game, I've never said that. I've always said it's one of the best of the year. Some people just aren't fans of Nintendo. It's has nothing to do with being a "narrow-minded moron". I'm not the guy saying all Nintendo games are kiddy or whatever bull****. That's the narrow-minded moron, as well as the guy saying EVERYONE has to like Mario or they aren't as good as they are.

Too Human
Condemned 2 (it´s not exclusive)
Left for Dead
Fable 2
Infinity Undiscovery
Ninja Gaiden 2
Alan Wake
Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Age of Conan
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Halo Wars
Peter Jackson´s Halo
GTA 4 exclusive episodes
Don King Presents: Prizefighter
Perfect Dark 2
Project Offset (this one will be massive, and it´s 360 exclusive)
Dead Rising 2
Lost Planet Colonies (announced for PC and 360 only so far)
The Crossing

(Multiplatform)-
DMC 4
Burnout Paradise
Grand Theft Auto IV
Army of Two
Turok
Dark Sector
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Prototype
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV
Alone in the Dark
Bionic Commando

PS3 (Exclusives) -
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Grand Theft Auto 5: Prologue (don´t you mean Grand TURISMO 5: Prologue?)
Haze
Singstar
The Agency (PS3 MMO)
Tekken 6
White Knight Cronicles
Afrika
Heavy Rain
FFXIII

That doesn't include PSN games, or the much rumored God of War 3.
Don´t forget the XBLA games, which has many, many, many more than those of the PSN, and are released on a weekly basis, each wednesday, many times, more than one game (like two days ago).

Feel free to list more 360 exlusives.
Already did
Next time you want to make a game comparison, make your homework, because it only gives bad name to PS3 owners ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"