Trailer discussion - Part 1

Not as out of the loop as you are...when threads reset they repost the first post of the thread.....stop trying to act superior and instead learn the rules of the site and how to interact civilly with your fellow posters.

???

It was an honest mistake. I was just excited for him to see what people were clamoring for for a very long time. I happen to share his views on the film, so definitely I wasnt trying to argue.

Don't put words in my mouth.

The voice over in the Avengers AOU was creepy as hell, which made it work.

The voice over on this teaser, was ok...but not much more than that.

I found nothing creepy about James Spader's voice. That how he usually talks but hey I hear it all the time on the Blacklist. So, I might be immune to it.

budget-priced Morgan Freeman

Do you think he sounds like Morgan Freeman? because I do not

The voice over in the Avengers AOU was creepy as hell, which made it work.

The voice over on this teaser, was ok...but not much more than that.

The dialogue didn't do much for me, but I do love Reg E. Cathey's voice, and the inflection he's using is different than I've seen him do in other roles, so I am at least looking forward to seeing what he does with his role.

. . . I just wish his character wasn't even in this.

Last edited:
I thought the voiceover was great. Tbh, the teaser was pretty good. I just want this movie to come out and see whether Josh and team were able to salvage something decent or blew it all.

It would be a shame if a talented director like him burns and crashes because of studio mandated big budget movie.

At the moment, I have zero expectations.

There was new footage with Kingsman. Like 2 seconds worth. I think it was Johnny flying or something like that. I can't fully recall it, sorry.

But do you see the problem?

Carefully select scenes from a film and put a dramatic sounding voiceover on it and you can create the illusion that the film is an epic science fiction film.

We all know that the first film wasn't an epic science fiction film, but it sure looks like one in that trailer (and, frankly, looks like a MUCH better film than the new one).

Which means if you liked the trailer for this film because it made it look like an epic science fiction film, you could be terribly disappointed - particularly when those involved have told us this is a 'grounded and gritty' film rather than an epic science fiction film.

I would feel a lot better now if we had seen the Thing looking like the Thing and Dr. Doom looking like Dr. Doom and the FF looking like the FF in the trailer, but based on the scenes we saw, we have no rational reason to believe this film is going to be anything but a sloppy, low-budget, boring film that doesn't show us anything like the Fantastic Four.

We can clearly see now that an apples to apples comparison between the Story and Trank films makes the Story film look far superior and much more spectacular. That doesn't mean it's impossible that they've got a great film that they haven't shown us yet, but based on what we've seen so far there is absolutely no reason to be excited about this film.

A few seconds of people in space-suits with a dramatic voice over does not ensure an epic film. As is clearly illustrated here:

:pal:

There was new footage with Kingsman. Like 2 seconds worth. I think it was Johnny flying or something like that. I can't fully recall it, sorry.

Its Johnny and Sue flying and Sue destroyed a mountain or a big rock.

So with the final trailer, what do I hope to see?

The second trailer surprised me so I'm not sure what else they have.

I guess the only thing is some Victor and Reed scenes setting up their rivalry.

Pull the tone back towards the first trailer with some of Philip Glass' score.

I want to see individual tv spots...hopefully we will get those during the basketball finals this summer.

I hope they will show the codenames one by one and of course Doom. I think you should expect it to be similar to Dofp's third trailer. The first and second trailer for X-Men and Fantastic Four are so similar. The first trailer is so serious then the second one is filled with action and more details about the plot, the first and second trailer are like night and day.

I hope to see actual conversations with both the Thing and Doom (post accident) that shows they got the digital effects down for true emotions from both characters.

Think about the appearance of the Hulk at the end of the first Avengers trailer, just something to show both characters doing more than just vacant glares or grimaces.

In the shot with Reed looking at Thing he looked to be quite sad and contemplative imo

Do you think he sounds like Morgan Freeman? because I do not

Far to gravelly for Freeman who is more eloquent imo.

To me Cathy sounds menacing whenever he speaks. He could be congratulating a little girl on her ballet performance and it'd sound menacing :funny:

Main things left are probably Doom and Thing talking as they haven't been shown too yet, a closer look at the Storms relationship and more lingering looks at the N-Zone

Last edited:
In the shot with Reed looking at Thing he looked to be quite sad and contemplative imo

Far to gravelly for Freeman who is more eloquent imo.

To me Cathy sounds menacing whenever he speaks. He could be congratulating a little girl on her ballet performance and it'd sound menacing :funny:

Main things left are probably Doom and Thing talking as they haven't been shown too yet, a closer look at the Storms relationship and more lingering looks at the N-Zone

I think the short clip of the Thing really didn't show enough to judge, he looked sort of dazed to me. And he has the tight 'lipped' frown in every clip shown of him, so I hope they can make his facial expressions more fluid.

Yes... fluid rock, does sound contradictory, but that is something they need to achieve.

I think the short clip of the Thing really didn't show enough to judge, he looked sort of dazed to me. And he has the tight 'lipped' frown in every clip shown of him, so I hope they can make his facial expressions more fluid.

Yes... fluid rock, does sound contradictory, but that is something they need to achieve.

Yeah, I need to see more as well.....I can't seem to picture Thing and the Torch swapping one liners yet...

The audience I was with at the Avengers had no reaction to FF's trailer at all. Given it was among a lot of more light and upbeat trailers, it didn't really stand out. Fox would be smart to try not and play this too dark.

The audience I was with at the Avengers had no reaction to FF's trailer at all. Given it was among a lot of more light and upbeat trailers, it didn't really stand out. Fox would be smart to try not and play this too dark.

I think it's too late for that....if it follows the vibe of the trailers, then it is a much darker tone than the first 2, with some lighter moments here and there.....

And good to hear that it is showing in front of the Avengers movie...

Yeah I knew that it would eventually be attached to Avengers, given that the trailers for The Wolverine/DOFP were attached to MCU films. Maybe not all theaters but some theaters will attach it.

All the marbles and cards on the table. For the people hesitant to do their hard-earned dollar I think they need to how Dooms threat/motivation.

The TV spots have focused on the Four and probably will continue but the final trailer needs to showcase the scope of the threat. Dimensions collapse? Exploding city?

It's safe to say that they're hiding a good deal of this movie. Whatever they show in the upcoming trailers/TV spots, it will basically be a repackaged version of what we have already seen.

All the marbles and cards on the table. For the people hesitant to do their hard-earned dollar I think they need to how Dooms threat/motivation.

The TV spots have focused on the Four and probably will continue but the final trailer needs to showcase the scope of the threat. Dimensions collapse? Exploding city?

If Toby Kebbrell puts in the kind of performance I expect. All I need from the trailers is a couple money shots maybe a line, roll to black.

Yep. I think this trailer has to give some idea of the actual story if they want to sell this.

If you imagine watching the first two trailers as someone who doesn't know the FF, you'd have no idea what the story was. The final trailer needs to present some threat and story for those who don't know who the FF is.

Also, for those who do know who the FF is, the final trailer needs to show that this film is different than the first two in a way that's more clear than we've seen so far.

Oh my! I was starting to think that I was wrong expecting a 3rd trailer but now I cannot wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"