Dark of the Moon Transformers: Dark of The Moon Teaser Trailer

transformers aren't human...like any alien the concept that they would look like us is a movie based contrivity.

antrhopomothic alien faces belong in cartoons, where everthing is drawn for animation...tv animation in the case of transformers. That's probably why the cgi beast wars and beast machines have more design liberties than the G1 cartoon.

that being said, this is a movie so the point is moot anyway.

Truth be told, it's easier for me to care about the lives of a fictional alien race when they look like or share features of human beings.

Truth be told, it's easier for me to care about the lives of a fictional alien race when they look like or share features of human beings.

Exactly. This movie is called Transformers and they have always had humanoid characteristics. A face, 2 legs, 2 arms, hands, fingers... albeit robotic versions. Otherwise it wouldn't be Transformers. It would be a different property altogether.

I do like the treaser. It is ominous and I wish this route was taken during the first movie... I'll leave my hopes leaning toward positive... with a little bit of neutrality thrown in for safety. The bot they showed in this one has me excited.

So the plot of this movie involves the Transformers coming to Earth centuries ago, and nobody know about/government covered it up. How unique.

That's why I've always thought that a lot of people didn't care for Pixar's Cars. Even with Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Bug's Life, all those characters had 'human' qualities.

Anyway, I just like 'human' faces on things that aren't human. I think it tends to be more surreal for some odd reason.

If I saw a giant spider, that's scary. If that spider had a human face, then it's even creepier. I don't know why. I think it's because we're so familar with the human face, when you alter it and place it onto something else, it screws with your mind.

A living machine "with a soul". Yes a machine with a soul should look human.

I think he's the most impressive looking Bayformer yet. He actually looks alive yet robotic. Bay has never combined those two qualities before.

Nothings wrong with a robot having a beard. Maybe it's a modification that signals status or wisdom.
No, see, you can look alive and look like you have a soul without looking human. Prime, Bee and Megatron are prime (pun not intended) examples, even if they dont look exactly like humans (megs mostly).

I suppose that an insectoid face cant emote much, but the only thing those decepticons had to do was to be evil and fearsome and so it worked for them.

Personally i love it when they push their designs to new paths. A face that is so humanoid as that is nothing special to me. He looks ordinary and kinda weak.

Whoa! If I saw that in the cinema, I think I'll scream! That's Unicron right???

I think it has a resemblance more to Alpha Trion then Unicron.

It reminded me of Unicron because of the yellow body and the red eyes. But hey, it could be anyone judging from what Iron Hide and Sideswipe looks like

things I noticed about the trailer
1)The spaceship looks just like the Ark...look at the scene where the astronauts are about to enter
2)The Transformers logo very closely resembles the cartoon logo...

By far the best robot face in the whole movie franchise. It looks human, which creeps me out. Exactly what a Transformer should do. Here's hoping he doesn't have any strange looking limbs.

I'm hoping he's not comedy relief.:o

It reminded me of Unicron because of the yellow body and the red eyes. But hey, it could be anyone judging from what Iron Hide and Sideswipe looks like

The bot's eyes were blue, here's a comparison of the pics that was previously posted.

fff-3.jpg

alpha-trion3.jpg

At least his look is distinctive so we won't be figuring out who is who

But the bot went online in a ship (the Ark?), and Unicron is suppose to be bigger, I mean we're talking about a transformers who can transform to a mechanical planet.

Or it could be...

ig0035.jpg

Just look at the huge things on the left and right of his head... looks like a T-Rex jaw.

and...

124vmoo.jpg

I thought Unicron at first but now im leaning towards Alpha.

If you look at the chin area of the bot's face, you'll see a split. Perhaps the humanoid face is just a mask. Maybe he encountered humans before and wore the mask to let the humans have a face they could relate to... a face they could trust. It looks like the face almost comes apart in the middle up to the nose area. Just a shot in the dark but who knows?

It can't be Unicron, he is NOWHERE near big enough.

And Unicron wouldn't be in a spacecraft - he is a spacecraft, albeit in his planet form.

I reckon Alpha Trion too - there's a slight similarity in the cartoon version and this new robot.

fff-3.jpg

AlphaTrionDecepticonAir.png

Cool teaser, definatly getting a retro vibe from it. Just hope there are some levels to the plot to give it some complexity and be serious with it. I wonder if that ship the Decepticons had in RotF will be used with this possible Autobot ship crashed on the moon.

PS cool robot design

Or it could be...

ig0035.jpg

Just look at the huge things on the left and right of his head... looks like a T-Rex jaw.

and...

124vmoo.jpg

And I think I just saw Venom in the Astronaut visor :eek:

:doh:

It can't be Unicron, he is NOWHERE near big enough.

And Unicron wouldn't be in a spacecraft - he is a spacecraft, albeit in his planet form.

I reckon Alpha Trion too - there's a slight similarity in the cartoon version and this new robot.

fff-3.jpg

AlphaTrionDecepticonAir.png

You seem to be correct sir.

Say what you want about Transformers 2 but im excited about this one..

I didn't even know the teaser was out i just saw it today. It looks interesting. I am sure fans will definitely go see it even though many hated ROTF.

That's why I've always thought that a lot of people didn't care for Pixar's Cars. Even with Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Bug's Life, all those characters had 'human' qualities.

Anyway, I just like 'human' faces on things that aren't human. I think it tends to be more surreal for some odd reason.

If I saw a giant spider, that's scary. If that spider had a human face, then it's even creepier. I don't know why. I think it's because we're so familar with the human face, when you alter it and place it onto something else, it screws with your mind.

actually bay and co worked specifically to make the faces on the bots with most face time more human and detailed....to the dismay of many fans some even claim optimus has bays face. Prime being the best example of a humanized version of the cartoon design. Eventhough most would have preferred if the face guard stayed on they entire film.

Personally I don't think designs have to look human to envoke emotion, they just need reconizable features. The bugs in district 9 very incredibly emotive and the characters in the land before time work very well. But that's just me.
Moreover the evil aliens such as predator and "alien" have a different kind of communication and it's based on presence which worked well for some of the decpticons. Starscream was alot more menacing in the first film than when whe starting with all the blabber.

anyway. if a well cut trailer can have a positive effect on a jaded internet community than I'm curious what effect it will have on the general audience the same audiene that ate up the previous "bad" installments to near record levels.
If only the green lantern pr department wasn't so tying to sell us a ryan reynolds comedy.

Color me unimpressed. It's a different angle at marketing the film, for sure, but it looks like the same old crap Bay did for the first two.

All I can say is, Bay had better have made adjustments while shooting in 3D. Otherwise, a shakycam battle between Optimus Prime and other robots in 3D -- coupled with rapid-pace editing -- will make me sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"