Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by Golgo-13, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamProdigy

IamProdigy Well-Known Member

Sounds WAY better than Spider-Man 3.

:grin:

2. The Freak

The Freak Active Member

Transformers didn't do as good as spider amn 3 at the box office, nor in video game sales or even in toys.

3. Thirteen Shadows

Thirteen Shadows Well-Known Member

Because the movie that makes the most money is the better film.:whatever:

*cough*Meetthespartans*cough*

4. Avangarde

Avangarde Avan a Good Time

I'm not surprised Bay didn't include the Dinobots, it's the sort of concept he would consider stupid :dry:

5. ihateusernames

ihateusernames Well-Known Member

Your telling me spider-man toys sold more than transformers?

Don't get me wrong, I love both... but, I want some proof.

6. skorponok

skorponok ----------

Spider-man 3 also cost around TWICE as much to make as Transformers...so you lose ;)

7. Avangarde

8. millennium movies

millennium movies Well-Known Member

He already failed at his statement when he put the part that says that this is the third in the franchise aka 3...

9. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

TF is kickin' ass in DVD sales, though. Spider-Man 3 was rubbish, anyway. :grin:

10. DACrowe

DACrowe Well-Known Member

Wow, this movie is gonna' be worse than the first one. At least the writers were on this before Bay and so was Speilberg's input. The Bay ego is going overboard on this one. Say what you will about Raimi, but despite the problems he may have with pacing, he understands character development. The first one had very little and was in development before Bay saw the script. This is a bad sign methinks.

11. Spade

Spade Seeking new challengers

This has "bad move" written all over. Orci and Kurtzman's original script was pretty mediocre, even when keeping an open mind. The SFX and touchups were what made the film good. Now Bay's doing a knockoff of that by himself? Here's hoping it's either a) one of the best things he's ever made or b) is fixed by a proficient writer.

12. IamProdigy

IamProdigy Well-Known Member

I guess no one agreed with your statement, huh? Lol.

Spider-Man 3 was had twice the budget that Transformers did, but yet, had much, much better effects(besides the Sandman transformation scene, I must admit, it was an actual great scene even for that movie, SFX and emotional, and that should deserve major props), but in the outcome Spider-Man 3 was a downfall of a desperate move because it did not go pass all the hype; the video game, okay, I'll give you that one, the TF game wasn't the best, it could've been better, but being Optimus Prime was sweet, lol; and the toys, well, I have no freaking clue.

13. Spade

Even in the toy category, Hasbro voiced disappointment that the SM3 toys didn't sell more than they already did in light of the amount they expected to sell. I haven't heard such a comment made in regards to the TF film's toyline.

14. DACrowe

DACrowe Well-Known Member

What does it matter? Why is it war between fanboys? I simply think there is more heart and depth to SM3, but TF has better action and a more balanced (if extremely formulaic and self-serious full of pretentions) pacing. But I could care less which made more money. I know which I like better and that is all that matters.

Anyway, people who are defending Bay and the studio for going deep into pre-production without a screenplay because it is the only way of meeting the release date for next year are missing the point. Reaching that said release date should not be the priority. One would think taking an extra year to make a better movie would equate to better returns and longevity of the franchise and the novelty would not run out in the meantime with no other giant robot franchise out there (albeit I'd love to see a Gundam trilogy). It is a move to make a quick buck by the studio, which is why many show disdain for the move because there is nothing creative or artistic driving the decision as they are essentially opting to make an inferior movie so as to make money faster. Movies are a business, but it is nice when the director and "auteur" of the movie is thinking beyond the bottom line. That is the critique they are (minorly) facing.

15. Decoy Lad

Decoy Lad Well-Known Member

Well said DACrowe, it doesn't matter which movie made more at the boxoffice or peddled more merchandise, it's the quality of the movies themselves that counts, Oh we're talking about Spider-Man 3 and Transformers.... uhmm nevermind.:csad:

As for Micheal Bay Writing :funny::funny::funny:, he probably just reworked his script for Pearl harbor 2: Reloaded.

16. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

whait a minute. does this mean that TF2 is coming out in 2009 ?
    because why did he say that he has a date if he would mean 2010?

17. Avangarde

I think he just wrote the outline of the script, Orci and Kurtzman will rewrite it once the strike is over, with a bit of luck they will add there own input into it rather then rely on Bay's limited knowledge of TF's.

18. Avangarde

look at my sig.

19. millennium movies

millennium movies Well-Known Member

Man you guys can't read can you? Well some of you anyway...he has written a more detailed version of the outline that the real writers did before the strike started. It's what he would like to see happen in direction based on what they first wrote as an outline. Nothing to get dramatic over...

Writers outline>Bay's update expansion>Writers script

20. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

thats true.

and i hope that spielberg is still the producer. i dont think that spielberg wants hes name to be on a dumb and idiotic movie.

21. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

Ehren Kruger is involved with the writing too. That's a real good sign that it will be better than the first one. He's done some really great stuff.

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Ah Rats :sad:

23. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Hhhmm, not sure what to think about this move, but if he just wrote an outline based on the writers' first outline, and then this will be touched up by Orci and Kurtzman, it may work out ok, we'll see.

24. Spade

I'm aware that it's just an outline. I'm just wondering how fleshed out an outline can become before it's an unofficial script.

25. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Bay has been prepping the robots, etc as well, so i doubt its a big outline/full script, it will just be things the writers can expand on probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.