Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen set reports thread

I thought for the most part that TDK viral was quite good?

[YT]_nTPDklB4NU[/YT]

Bumblebee, Beat and Trax (until there names are officially released) seems to make up a team of Autobots, I wonder what Prime, Ironhide and the others roll will be during this.

bb is such a pimp.

anyway, there going to be allot of transformers in this movie.
hope the get properly introduced.

bb is such a pimp.

anyway, there going to be allot of transformers in this movie.
hope the get properly introduced.

I hope so too, I've been talking to alot of friends who are huge transformer fans, and they feel there hasn't been enough Character background info introduced to the Newbie Transformers Audience..

[YT]_nTPDklB4NU[/YT]

Bumblebee, Beat and Trax (until there names are officially released) seems to make up a team of Autobots, I wonder what Prime, Ironhide and the others roll will be during this.

...Is that Shia in the hat? And will the skipping be in the movie? Looks kinda funny.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/06/next-stop-princeton.html

Based on information received here and there, Transformers 2 production is now finished in Philadelphia as of yesterday. The next stop is Princeton, New Jersey for the next 3 or so days. Exact number is unknown.

As for New York, when and where they are shooting remains unknown. So far I have not heard anything that indicates if its still in the schedule or not. A hiatus in the shoot is scheduled to start June 30th (thanks to the probable SAG strike) so if it’s going to occur it has to be late this week. Time (and leaks) will tell.

Back to Princeton, for the last several weeks Sunday has been the day of rest for the stars and the day the production crew packs things up and moves to the next location. Based on several reports I have already received it looks like they are already on the Princeton campus and begun some preprep. Emily has reported that she has spotted crew prepping McCosh 50 (classroom scene), Mathey Common Room and Holder Quad (dorm). She also saw a news copter doing a flyover, possible to capture some footage? David reported seeing the 'E7' signs along Faculty Road which appears to be base camp as he spotted trucks, trailers and cops guarding the area.

Hopefully full details will start to come out but there you go at least some indication that TF2 has made landfall at Princeton University. Thanks to Emily and David for their info.

...Is that Shia in the hat? And will the skipping be in the movie? Looks kinda funny.

I think they were just screwing around, the shot probably ended when they walked around the corner after getting out of BB.

I thought it was ultra magnus then after he was blown up Hot rod became Rodimus.

Are we talking about the cartoon movie?

Ultra Magnus was a temporary leader.Hot Rod was the [so called] chosen one.

Magnus was just givin the mantel of leadership till the next Autobot leader appeared....which was Hot Rod who then became Rodimus Prime.

Set report from the Princeton shoot....Link in the Pics thread

.......filming at Princeton University campus today on Washington and Williams Street. He reports that the scene involves Sam running across the campus while on his cell phone wearing a blue shirt and carrying his things. Shia can be seen in pics 3 and 4, Michael Bay in pics 7 and 8. He also reports that a stunt was filmed that involved a 2009 Saturn crashing into a lamb post and putting a hole in the front window. Mark also sent in a report seeing the same thing:
I work in Princeton and just watched the TF2 crew crash a silver Saturn Astra into the installed lamppost on the corner of Washington Road and William Street around 2 p.m. today. Before the crash itself they ran a few "test crashes," where the stunt driver screeched to a halt a foot or two before hitting the post, with the camera (on a boom) following the action from above. The actual crash knocked the ground-level cover off the post and ripped off the car's front bumper. After the crash the driver backed up slightly, then drove forward again for a few feet with the bumper under the front wheels, then stopped, opened the driver's side door, and fell to the ground. After the shot was over, the driver put the bumper in the car's backseat and drove the car down Washington Road (headed south), and as it passed me I could see that the front windshield had a hole the size of a baseball in it (with the appropriate spider webbing pattern in the surrounding glass). I'm not sure if that was there before the crash or not (I was about two blocks away from the crash itself). According to one of the PA's the next shot won't happen until tonight, though she didn't say where.​

EDIT-

Set report from Day 2.... No pics yet..

The TF2 crew was shooting at Holder Hall this morning until about 1:30. The scene they were shooting today ended with Shia, Megan, and Ramon running out of the building into the courtyard, which they shot several times. Once, they ran out into the courtyard, hooked each others’ arms at the elbow, and did a little dance (clearly trying to alleviate some of the boredom of doing the exact same thing over and over). Isabel Lucas was visible at one point, but I couldn’t tell if she was involved in the shot.

Once the principals were done, the crew shot a group of about 20-30 student extras running into and out of the dorm’s western entryway (the same one that Shia, Megan, and Ramon had run out of). It was pretty funny to watch the extras run, because they were being funneled in and out of the doorway in a big circle, so the kids that had just run out of the building would circle around and run back in until the shot was over. In both cases the crew used a smoke machine in the dorm’s northwest hallway, which was visible from one of the windows.

While the extras were being shot, Shia and Ramon threw a football around in the building’s courtyard for a while. The security guards and local policemen who were guarding the main archways of the building (where the rest of the gawkers and I were standing) were very strict about pictures today. They waved off anyone who even took a cell phone out of his or her pocket. Around 1:30 the crew broke for lunch and relocated to Whig Hall, where catering had been set up.

Michael Bay walked into the building with Isabel, then came back out and sat on the building’s front steps drinking a Diet Coke and talking to one of the crew. A few minutes later Isabel came back outside with some food and Michael joined her and one other crewmember for lunch on the steps. Not long after that security started dispersing the small crowd that had gathered on the lawn opposite the front of the building.

-Mark

Linky

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/06/princeton-article-on-transformers-plot.html

The Times has posted an article about Transformers 2 productions presence on campus with brief interviews with extras and Michael Bay. The article also revealed a little bit on what the shoot is about. Also it said that today will be the final day of shooting on the campus. The next destination (if there is one) is unknown. Some choice bits from the article:

"I thought the school was going to freak out and did a little" before accepting the crash shots, Bay said yesterday during a brief interview.

In one scene shot inside one of Princeton's large lecture halls, LaBeouf's character attends an Astronomy 101 class, Bay said.

In another shot at Princeton's Dillon Gymnasium, he and co-star Megan Fox are among dozens of students fleeing the building into a courtyard and parking lot ahead of some yet-to-be-revealed menace.

And while filming here is officially a closed set, hundreds of onlookers for the last two days lined the perimeter of some of the scenes -- though they were periodically instructed to keep quiet and take no pictures.

For a time yesterday afternoon, the area outside Dillon Gymnasium was the place to be for a glimpse of the celebrities and a chance to see the cameras rolling.

The university angle to the plot "is all about Sam growing up and going to college ... a teenager growing into a man," Bay said.

As the battle continues in the second film, LaBeouf and Fox reprise their roles. Although both characters have grown from high school- to college-age since the first "Transformers" installment, only LaBeouf's Witwicky is off to college because Fox's Banes can't afford school, Bay said.

With Witwicky enrolled at a fictional East Coast school with an Ivy League feel, Banes comes from Los Angeles as a visitor to her friend's new campus, Bay said.​
Not much is revealed but now know how Mikeala and Sam hook up before the latest Transformers adventure kicks off. Interesting ivy league Princeton is not actually going to be Princeton in the film. Thanks to Jeany for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"