Transformers RPG Season I IC Thread

jazzdi2.jpg

It had been almost four full stellar cycles since Jazz had snuck onto the Decepticon facility's grounds, ducking from shadow to shadow whenever there was a serious risk of being discovered. His personal supply of energon rations was still a decent level and he hadn't used a single piece of ammunition yet, but he couldn't allow himself to get complacent. Heck of a way to spend my down time, he thought as he crawled into a small opening at his feet that led down to a narrow shaft.

Before his leave had started four cycles ago, Jazz's informants had gotten wind of rumors that something was stirring up a fuss in one of the Decepticon aerospace labs on the outskirts of Cybertropolis. Of course, without any proof or evidence, he had nothing withwhich to convince his superiors that an official mission was required for. "Instincts," he had told himself at the time. "It's what great bots are made of." Taking his leave time, he had used an arms convoy as cover to infiltrate the base and hadn't used his hoverspeeder mode since. A vehicle mode had little use in what he was up to now, after all. Jazz's only regret was not taking his music synthesizer that fit into his audio receptors along with him for the trip. It would certainly have made these boring nights go faster.

As he made his way into the cramped tunnel, Jazz's sensors were overwhelmed by the sheer stench. "Sweet Primus!" he gasped in shock as the smell hit him. "Note to self," he whispered, "in the future, find a better point of entry than the interconnecting pipeline between the lab and the nearby waste disposal unit."

jack and sentiel meet at the autobot base.

"prime,ive become busy since the coup so i'll be breif.do you know anything about my work?"

"I'm afraid not," I said as I walked around the Autobot base. The matrix of leadership pulsed within my chest, telling me that this scientist might have made a discovery of some import.

Still with the war againt Megatron, and his as of yet unknown plan to destory the Ark, most of my resources were spent trying to discover how to stop him.

"Tell me," I said, "But be quick about it. Duty calls."

Hot Rod

We all transformer into out respective modes and fall inline behind Jetfire as he leads us to Autobot HQ. I hear a soft click as my internal communication detects an incomming transmission.

<By Primus if you've done somthing to get us all in trouble Hot Rod you won't have to worry about the Decepticons cause I'll srap you myself!>

<Im telling you Springer I havent done anything! After the little incident on Beta Trion iv been stayin outta trouble!>

<Will you too knock it off!>

<You believe me don't Arcee?>

<I do, if you did do somthing Jetfire woulda been the one to chew us out. But Sentinal Prime called for us specifically.>

<Do you think this is somthin major?>

<I don't know, maybe?>

Not another word is transmitted as we enter the base to meet the leader of the Autobots.

The two transform and drive off without replying to me. I'm half-tempted to leave them, but they're probably heading for the Autobot headquarters, so I transform and follow them.

"I'm afraid not," I said as I walked around the Autobot base. The matrix of leadership pulsed within my chest, telling me that this scientist might have made a discovery of some import.

Still with the war againt Megatron, and his as of yet unknown plan to destory the Ark, most of my resources were spent trying to discover how to stop him.

"Since i first started, i had been working on a machine to fix Cybertron.Cybertrons seismic lapses sre pulling it apart. Soon it will be nothing but cosmic waste. My machine would have stabilized it. But Megatron destroyed it.And in doing so, doomed our world. Since your faction has done me no wrong, I felt I owed it to you to warn you."

And with that word he waved, transformed, and left.

IC: Megatron

Decepticon High Council Building

The old building was slowly rusting away. It had stood for close a milenia as Cybertron's library. The war had done it's damage to the building, burn holes could be seen in the roof, the once proud front steps down rubble. Inside the building is where the leaders of the Decepticons debated.

"We are running out of Energon. Our sources are almost depleated...what must we do?"

"The only thing we can possibly do....work with the Autobots on a solution. We must make peace if we are to survive."

"What about Megatron? He won't approve of us siding with the Autobots."

"So? Megatron has turned a grudge with Optimus into a civil war. He is out of hand, we must stop him."

While the high council debated, a figure snuck unseen amongst them. He gingerly placed charges through the building.

"Hehe. They won't know what hit 'em."

Bonecrusher was his name and destruction was his game. He was a demolotion expert before the war, and when Megatron came to him with promises of great destruction, Bonecrusher gave his life to the cause.

"Someone, send a message out to Sentinel Prime and the Autobots. Tell them we surrender."

One of the council members starts to make his way towards the building's exit when he hears it.

Beep!....Beep!....Beep!

"What is that?"

He turns to see a small device stuck to the wall, a red light flashing.

"Memebers of the high council!"

Megatron's voice booms out of the devices stuck all over the building's insides.

"I know of your treatchery and your plans to side with Prime. Unfortunatley for you, I name myself high ruler of Decepticon forces and leader of all of Cybertron. As for you, I have deemed it nessecary for you to be terminated."

BOOM!

The once proud library goes sky high as explosions and fire reigns down. One figure is seen dancing infront of the flames.

"Hahaha! Yes! Fire! Flames! More...more!!!"

"Bonecrusher, report."

"It's beautiful, sir. The carnage and chaos. I only wish you could see it."

Megatron whinecs at Bonecrusher's words. He considered the bot to be his dangerous lapdog. While Bonecrusher's obsession turned Megatron's circuts, he managed to put cheerfulness in his voice.

"Yes, that is my only regret. You have done well. Report back to base."

"Yessir, glory to Megatron!"

Bonecrusher clicked offline and Megatron was left to his own devices.

"Barricade."

"Yes, my lord."

Megatron held his robotic fingers together as he contemplated his next move.

"Send out a message to Starscream. Ask him how the Energon hunt goes."

Megatron sits back on his throne and looks into the shadows of the dark room.

"Then, give me all the data on how far away we are from completion on The Nemesis."

Spike6.jpg

“Any idea what the object is yet, sir? Perhaps and ancient article from some sort of ship? The make up and topography of the land suggest it to be an ancient, dried up sea bed…”

“No, Colonel Witwicky. We have never seen anything like this, and at present are unequipped to study the object,” Archibald was cut off in mid-thought by his commanding officer, General Wilkenson.

“Perhaps we should notify the public, get news out to the public sector, grab the attention of someone who may be able to identify this object or…”

“At this time, we feel it is best that this remain highly classified. The object itself and it’s entire mapping segment that you have laid out has been classified as government property and is to be converted into a military base.”

Col. Witwicky was a bit unsure about this decision, but he would not question a superior. They were put in charge for a reason.

“Understood, sir. When may my men and I resume our work?”

“You have done a fine job, Archibald. Above and beyond anything that was every expected of you, and your country is truly grateful. For your work and your discovery, you will be paid triple your commission, as well as be granted 50 acres of land along the California coast and, as well as receive a full honorable discharge and be duly compensated by the United States Army for the remainder of your days.”

“Sir, I’m honored, but I’d very much like to finish my work here…”

“This is a very generous gift, Colonel Witwicky. I would not question it.”

Archibald Witwicky could clearly understand the underlying message. He was being not only paid in full for his service, but also bought off for his silence. He hesitated for only a moment before saluting the general.

“Very good, Colonel Witwicky. Dismissed,” General Wilkenson replied, returning the salute.

RedAlert-1.jpg

Ultra Magnus turned back to the door, and pressed the button on the side of the frame, opening it to the ongoing conversation of:

"Excuse me, sir? I know you may not know me, but I'm here to put my services to Sentinel Prime and the Autobots. I was hoping that you could help me by telling me where their base is." Prompting Ultra Magnus to smile below his faceguard. Perfect.

"No need, Autobot. You're enlisting in my squad, and trust me, you'll not be dissapointed with your duties. We can take care of the paper pushing later." Magnus spoke out, pointing at the Cybertronian. Then turned his attention to Red Alert, "Greetings, old friend. I've been assigned to the defense of the Ark's launch. I don't suppose you have a few bots you can lend me? From what I understand, we're a little shorthanded, but I'd appreciate any help I could get here."
"Ultra Magnus, it's been too long," Red Alert replies to his comrade. "I've heard some mighty fine war stories about you."

Red Alert rubs his chin. "I wish I could be of help to you, but it's pretty difficult to convince 'bots to forgo the safety of the Ark to stay here on Cybertron. It looks like we have a common goal. Perhaps our combined efforts could achieve it?"

sig_015a.jpg

"Ultra Magnus, it's been too long," Red Alert replies to his comrade. "I've heard some mighty fine war stories about you."

Red Alert rubs his chin. "I wish I could be of help to you, but it's pretty difficult to convince 'bots to forgo the safety of the Ark to stay here on Cybertron. It looks like we have a common goal. Perhaps our combined efforts could achieve it?"

Ultra Magnus nodded, "Far too long." He let out an inner sigh of relief, thinking he was going to get the talk down for requesting Autobots like this, and despite the circumstances they were both under, Red seemed to be in a halfway decent mood. Maybe he'd already accepted his fate here, or perhaps he figured he'd be capable of holding the fort in all truth. Either way, this boasted well for him.

"Hmm... I understand. Agreed, it's pretty hard to get them to stay in the face of near guaranteed death..." Ultra Magnus then turned to the other Autobot Ratchet and shrugged a little bit.

"Kicking Decepticon butt, more or less. Enlisting in the Autobot forces entails defense of our bases and cities, and attacking of their cities and their bases. However, my units usually deal more in specialized hits, rather than all out war. Though... you can expect that too in these dismal times." Ultra Magnus then lightened his tone some to something akin to sympathetic, "I can understand your concerns, but you already know the war will someday come to you, and I doubt you want to be unprepared to go down with all your little buddies in a firing line led by Megatron, or one of his generals. Better to be part of the solution now, where you can make a difference, rather than some statistic and name one of us will be scratching into a memorial when it's all said and done."

Ultra Magnus turned back to Red Alert, "I doubt you'll notify if I press this one into the battle lines without basic? Because the launch is far too soon for me to train him, and I doubt we'll have time to find any others."

RedAlert-1.jpg

sig_015a.jpg

Ultra Magnus nodded, "Far too long." He let out an inner sigh of relief, thinking he was going to get the talk down for requesting Autobots like this, and despite the circumstances they were both under, Red seemed to be in a halfway decent mood. Maybe he'd already accepted his fate here, or perhaps he figured he'd be capable of holding the fort in all truth. Either way, this boasted well for him.

"Hmm... I understand. Agreed, it's pretty hard to get them to stay in the face of near guaranteed death..." Ultra Magnus then turned to the other Autobot Ratchet and shrugged a little bit.

"Kicking Decepticon butt, more or less. Enlisting in the Autobot forces entails defense of our bases and cities, and attacking of their cities and their bases. However, my units usually deal more in specialized hits, rather than all out war. Though... you can expect that too in these dismal times." Ultra Magnus then lightened his tone some to something akin to sympathetic, "I can understand your concerns, but you already know the war will someday come to you, and I doubt you want to be unprepared to go down with all your little buddies in a firing line led by Megatron, or one of his generals. Better to be part of the solution now, where you can make a difference, rather than some statistic and name one of us will be scratching into a memorial when it's all said and done."

Ultra Magnus turned back to Red Alert, "I doubt you'll notify if I press this one into the battle lines without basic? Because the launch is far too soon for me to train him, and I doubt we'll have time to find any others."
"Frankly, Magnus?" Red Alert responds as he leans in closer to his friend, "I think at this point, what Prime doesn't know...won't hurt him."

Red Alert turns to face the other bot. He looks him up and down a couple times before remarking aloud, "No offense, but you don't look like much of a fighter, son. What is your area of expertise?"

"Since i first started, i had been working on a machine to fix Cybertron.Cybertrons seismic lapses sre pulling it apart. Soon it will be nothing but cosmic waste. My machine would have stabilized it. But Megatron destroyed it.And in doing so, doomed our world. Since your faction has done me no wrong, I felt I owed it to you to warn you."

And with that word he waved, transformed, and left.

"What an odd autobot," Sentinel Prime says to himself. The autobot leader looked out his viewing window to the ark. It was nearly complete. Still, with som nay autobots working on it, and at the speed in which it had to be constructed its construction, he couldn't expect it to remain a secret for too long.

Thatis why he had sent Bumblbee to spy on the Decepticons and Megatron himself.

The yellow autobot, crept around Megatron's base of operation in constant cotact with his leader. Hopefully, the low bandwith through which they communicated would go undetected. Bumblebee watched as Megatron yelled.

"Bonecrusher, report."

Megatron whinecs at Bonecrusher's words. He considered the bot to be his dangerous lapdog. While Bonecrusher's obsession turned Megatron's circuts, he managed to put cheerfulness in his voice.

"Barricade."

"Yes, my lord."

"Then, give me all the data on how far away we are from completion on The Nemesis."

"Primus," Bumblebee whispered as he listend to Megatron's rant.
"Prime," Bumblbee broadcasted. "Megatron has just...he just proclaimed himself Decepticon leader. And starscream is searching the cosmos for energon."

"Then thats why he has been absent from our intel. Has Megatron revealed any plan to destroy the ark?"

"Not yet, Prime."

"Be careful Bumblebee. Keep me posted. I have other matters to attend to."

With so much transpiring, nearly every autobot was performing a task that was essential to the arks completion. As such, Sentinel Prime was routinely interrupted by his lieutenants and general with essential information.

"Hello, Hot Rod."

Hot Rod

We all transformer into out respective modes and fall inline behind Jetfire as he leads us to Autobot HQ. I hear a **** click as my internal communication detects an incomming transmission.

<By Primus if you've done somthing to get us all in trouble Hot Rod you won't have to worry about the Decepticons cause I'll srap you myself!>

<Im telling you Springer I havent done anything! After the little incident on Beta Trion iv been stayin outta trouble!>

<Will you too knock it off!>

<You believe me don't Arcee?>

<I do, if you did do somthing Jetfire woulda been the one to chew us out. But Sentinal Prime called for us specifically.>

<Do you think this is somthin major?>

<I don't know, maybe?>

Not another word is transmitted as we enter the base to meet the leader of the Autobots.

"What an odd autobot," Sentinel Prime says to himself. The autobot leader looked out his viewing window to the ark. It was nearly complete. Still, with som nay autobots working on it, and at the speed in which it had to be constructed its construction, he couldn't expect it to remain a secret for too long.

Thatis why he had sent Bumblbee to spy on the Decepticons and Megatron himself.

The yellow autobot, crept around Megatron's base of operation in constant cotact with his leader. Hopefully, the low bandwith through which they communicated would go undetected. Bumblebee watched as Megatron yelled.

"Primus," Bumblebee whispered as he listend to Megatron's rant.
"Prime," Bumblbee broadcasted. "Megatron has just...he just proclaimed himself Decepticon leader. And starscream is searching the cosmos for energon."

"Then thats why he has been absent from our intel. Has Megatron revealed any plan to destroy the ark?"

"Not yet, Prime."

"Be careful Bumblebee. Keep me posted. I have other matters to attend to."

With so much transpiring, nearly every autobot was performing a task that was essential to the arks completion. As such, Sentinel Prime was routinely interrupted by his lieutenants and general with essential information.

"Hello, Hot Rod."
Hot Rod

We stop and at the entrance of the cammand room and transform back into our bipedal forms. Jetfire looks at each of us.

"Alright you four I don't want no jokin around or arguments you understand me."

Each of us nods our heads. Jetfire turns and walks toward the door which opens automatically. The four of us are takin aback by all the activity going on and the huge ship thats on the view screen.

"Wow the Ark!"

"It's beautiful."

I silently node my head never taking my optics off the screen.

"Hello, Hot Rod."

My friends snap at attention as im speechless. I mean come on the Sentinel Prime actually knows my name! I quickly snap at attention aswell.

"Greetings sir!"

Hot Rod

We stop and at the entrance of the cammand room and transform back into our bipedal forms. Jetfire looks at each of us.

"Alright you four I don't want no jokin around arguments you understand me."

Each of us nods our heads. Jetfire turns and walks toward the door which opens automatically. The four of us are takin aback by all the activity going on and the huge ship thats on the view screen.

"Wow the Ark."

"It beutiful."

I silently node my head never taking my optics off the screen.

"Hello, Hot Rod."

My friends snap at attention as im speechless. I mean come on the Sentinel Prime actually knows my name! I quickly snap at attention aswell.

"Greetings sir!"

"She is our hope, young one," I say. "Now tell me. What news do you bring?"

"She is our hope, young one," I say. "Now tell me. What news do you bring?"
Hot Rod

Im takin aback by the situation. Sentinal Prime, the leader of the Autobots for a millineia is talking to a lowly cadet like me.

"Um well our....our combat training is going along well."

Hot Rod

Im takin aback by the situation. Sentinal Prime, the leader of the Autobots for a millineia is talking to a lowly cadet like me.

"Um well our....our combat training is going along well."

"Excellent. Tell me, what do you know of Vector Sigma?"

"Excellent. Tell me, what do you know of Vector Sigma?"
Hot Rod

My comrades throw sideways glances my way, hoping I know my history.

"Its.....its the Quintesson super computer that gave life to our ancestors. W..when our ancestors rebelled against the Quintessons the circuit key that powered Vector Sigma was lost. It....it has laid dormant ever sence."

Ratchet

I listen to the two small talk. As I'm about to ask what the job Ultra Magnus is talking about, I hear:

"Hmm... I understand. Agreed, it's pretty hard to get them to stay in the face of near guaranteed death..."

Well, that's a great line for the Cybertronian armed forces.

"Kicking Decepticon butt, more or less. Enlisting in the Autobot forces entails defense of our bases and cities, and attacking of their cities and their bases. However, my units usually deal more in specialized hits, rather than all out war. Though... you can expect that too in these dismal times."

War. He's trying to put me in the front lines. I have no question I could do it, but...I remember the man I killed, and even though I know he was a Decepticon and was about to kill me, what I have done churns inside like bad Energon. And I would have to do more when I follow him.

My face must have betrayed me, for he suddenly says.

"I can understand your concerns, but you already know the war will someday come to you, and I doubt you want to be unprepared to go down with all your little buddies in a firing line led by Megatron, or one of his generals. Better to be part of the solution now, where you can make a difference, rather than some statistic and name one of us will be scratching into a memorial when it's all said and done."

I can't make my voice box respond, so I only nod. Ultra Magnus turns to Red Alert.

"I doubt you'll notify if I press this one into the battle lines without basic? Because the launch is far too soon for me to train him, and I doubt we'll have time to find any others."

And the idea sounds better and better, I think to myself.

"Frankly, Magnus? I think at this point, what Prime doesn't know...won't hurt him."

I feel his optical sensors seering into me.

"No offense, but you don't look like much of a fighter, son. What is your area of expertise?"

"I have trained to be a scientist and medical advisor. I may not be a soldier, but...hand me a gun and I'll know which end to point.

"Besides, I didn't go AWOL when you said this is guarenteed death. That should count for something."

"Bonecrusher, report."

"Barricade."

"Yes, my lord."

starscream.jpg
(IC:Starscream)

Starscream flies through the empty abyss of space alone. He enjoys the solitude away from the war, and away from Megatron. As he flies through space, he reaches a galaxy filled with planets. He sets his scanners, and begins to check the galaxy for any signs of power. As he does, he gets an incoming message from his home.

&#8220;Starscream? Starscream? Are you there?&#8221;

&#8221;Yes, Barricade?&#8221;

&#8221;Lord Megatron wishes to know how the search goes.&#8221;

&#8221;I told him it would take time. Space is a big place and-&#8220; suddenly, his sensor makes a noise. He looks at it, and sees it gives off a level 3 energy reading. &#8220;Three? Not bad.&#8221;

&#8220;Starscream?&#8221;

&#8221;I&#8217;m here, I&#8217;m here. Tell Megatron there seems to be a potential planet. I&#8217;ll go investigate. I&#8217;ll radio back in fourty clicks.&#8221;

&#8221;Be sure to hurry. Megatron wanted a destination by now.&#8221;

&#8221;Yes, Yes.&#8221; Starscream ends contact, and looks toward the galaxy. He feels something calling to him. A presence he had never felt before, yet it feels like second nature. He looks into the abyss, and transforms into his cybertronian jet.

&#8220;Whatevers in there, I&#8217;m going to find it. I think I may find more than just energon in this galaxy.&#8221; Starscream takes off into the galaxy, leaving a energy trail behind him. As he flies he wonders what calls to him, and if it has the potential to give him great power.

IC: Ratbat

Ravage and I made our way down the hill. Crouching behind a piece of scrap metal, I signaled for Ravage to make his move. He initiated his cloaking field, and ran past the guards, making noise to distract them. As their backs were turned, I made a dash for the door. It was locked, but I was able to override the locking mechanism. I began to walk down the hall in hopes of finding the generator room. Suddenly, I heard footsteps.

I ran up the wall and clung onto some pipes hanging from the ceiling. A lone gaurd walked below me. I let go, landed behind him, grabbed his weapon, and held it to the back of his head.

"Excuse me, sir, but you wouldn't happen to know the way to the generator room, would you?"

He stood there, silently. I grabbed him him and pulled him in close, nudging the weapon into the back of his head.

"Could you speak up? I'm in a bit of a rush."

"....I know where it is. It's down the...."

"No, please, lead the way. This is much easier with a hostage."

He led me down the dark, twisting cooridors until we came upon a large door with an access pad beside it. I pushed him towards it.

"You better not be lying."

He began typing in the security code, when another gaurd rounded the corner. Our eyes met momentairily, before he reacted. He then drew his gun.

"...FREEZE!"​

"Be very careful. As you can see, I have a hostage."

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!"​

"Don't do anything stupid!"

He reached for his com-link.

"If you call for reinforcements, I'll be forced to kill you!"

He grabbed his com-link and spoke into it.

"Tilon, we have a situation! I repeate, we..."​

"I am very sorry about this."

I grabbed my hostage, swung my gun around, and shot the guard point black in the head. Still holding the hostage, I walked over and grabbed the com link.

"Radaron? What's going on?"​

I modulated my voice and spoke into the com-link.

"...yeah, sorry 'bout that, Tilon. Thought I saw something. False alarm."​

"I heard gunfire."​

"Yeah, my weapon misfired. Think the trigger's busted."​

"Well, bring it in for repairs. I'll send someone to relieve you. Tilon out."​

I looked my hostage in the eye.

"Well, that gives us something of a time limit, doesn't it?"

I pushed him over to the access panel and got him to open the door. I went inside, keeping the gun pointed at him, and went to work dissarming the security system. When that was done, I blasted the power generator. I hit my com-link.

"Sir, we have full access."
RocheSoundwave1.jpg

Soundwave waits at his position. Soon, the other members of his team radio in.

"Soundwave, this is Frenzy. We are locking onto your position."

"Very good. Ratbat and Ravage are inside now. We will aid them on their transmisision."

"Understood, sir. Be there is a few nanoclicks."

Soundwave waits at his position. He monitors the area for any Autobots, and sees none. He continues to keep close watch, until he gets an coming transmisision.

"Sir, we have full access."

"Good work Ratbat. The rest of the team is almost here. Expect us to rendezvous in a few nanoclicks. Meanwhile, you and Ravage have some fun with the Autobots inside."

Soundwave clicks off his radio, and continues waiting for his team. As he waits, he remembers before the war. He thinks back to the times when he had to translate computer technology into cybertronian language to progress the development of their technology. Soundwave remembers what a boring job it was, and how he hated it. Once Megatron began the rebellion, Soundwave was one of the first to join up. He'd rather fight then interpret meaningless computer speech. Soon he gets another transmision, and he opens the comlink.

"We're here, Soundwave."

"Excellent. Begin the attack."

(Air Raid: IC)

airraid.gif

As I walk through the corridors of the Autobot base, I can't help but feel a great deal of loss at what our home world has become. I used to love just being able to take off and fly taking in the sites. But now all I see is destruction; when I fly now all the smoke and ash cloud my sensors, even now as I glance out the window I see the Cybertronian library burning. In all my frustration and rage I run to the window, sensors fixed to the demoralizing site.

"Those ungrateful piles of scrap metal!"

I can feel the rage for the Decepticons building in my circuits, but I must let them pass for now. For at this moment Sentinel Prime has summoned me, something about a guard duty. What I would be guarding I have no clue, but I would do anything at this point so long as it's geared towards slowing down or stopping the Decepticons. I walk the final few steps towards Primes office, then I knock and wait for the door to open. When it does I enter the room and in so doing enter Primes presence.

"Air Raid reporting for duty sir!"

Optimus.jpg

Optimus entered the chamber of Sentinel Prime, just coming from an up close, informal inspection of the Ark, as the mass of Autobots began to gather. Many of them he knew very well, some not so much, but if Prime had summoned them, then they must have been among the best of the best. He stood silently at the back of the chamber, not wanting to disturb the briefing. He already knew all he needed, and he had learned long ago that sometimes listening was the best way of learning, knowledge the best form of power and leadership.

While brute force and intimidation, the way of the Decepticons, may have scared many into obedience and service, it stunted knowledge, learning, and progress. Beings were afraid to ask question, and could not seek knowledge, for the ones in power horded it for themselves. Eventually, those in power would die off, cease to be, and civilization would collapse without the knowledge of the ages being passed down.

The best leaders, however, commanded attention not with force, but with knowledge and understanding. They shared everything with those the lead and protected, the commanded respect silently with what they knew and how they presented themselves. The Primes that had taught Optimus, those who he respected, taught by example. They were compassionate, and he loved to listen to them speak. They carried themselves with such regality, and he always thirsted for more knowledge. The Primes were wise to not only verbally share their knowledge, but to record and store it, to catalogue any and every piece of knowledge and pass it through the millennia to the Primes that would come after them. That accumulated knowledge had become The Autobot Matrix of Knowledge and Leadership or, more commonly, The Matrix. The Primes had held the Matrix since Primus decided to save the first bit of knowledge bestowed upon him, and it was said that when the time came, when the Autobots found themselves up against all odds, that a destined Prime would use the Matrix to light the Autobots darkest hour.

Hot Rod

My comrades throw sideways glances my way, hoping I know my history.

"Its.....its the Quintesson super computer that gave life to our ancestors. W..when our ancestors rebelled against the Quintessons the circuit key that powered Vector Sigma was lost. It....it has laid dormant ever sence."

Optimus.jpg

Optimus entered the chamber of Sentinel Prime, just coming from an up close, informal inspection of the Ark, as the mass of Autobots began to gather. Many of them he knew very well, some not so much, but if Prime had summoned them, then they must have been among the best of the best. He stood silently at the back of the chamber, not wanting to disturb the briefing. He already knew all he needed, and he had learned long ago that sometimes listening was the best way of learning, knowledge the best form of power and leadership.

While brute force and intimidation, the way of the Decepticons, may have scared many into obedience and service, it stunted knowledge, learning, and progress. Beings were afraid to ask question, and could not seek knowledge, for the ones in power horded it for themselves. Eventually, those in power would die off, cease to be, and civilization would collapse without the knowledge of the ages being passed down.

The best leaders, however, commanded attention not with force, but with knowledge and understanding. They shared everything with those the lead and protected, the commanded respect silently with what they knew and how they presented themselves. The Primes that had taught Optimus, those who he respected, taught by example. They were compassionate, and he loved to listen to them speak. They carried themselves with such regality, and he always thirsted for more knowledge. The Primes were wise to not only verbally share their knowledge, but to record and store it, to catalogue any and every piece of knowledge and pass it through the millennia to the Primes that would come after them. That accumulated knowledge had become The Autobot Matrix of Knowledge and Leadership or, more commonly, The Matrix. The Primes had held the Matrix since Primus decided to save the first bit of knowledge bestowed upon him, and it was said that when the time came, when the Autobots found themselves up against all odds, that a destined Prime would use the Matrix to light the Autobots darkest hour.

I watched as Optimus entered the chamber, before returning my attention to Hot Rod.

"Recent seismic activity on Cybertron has dislodged Apha Praxus such that we are receiving readings of a strange power signature. We fear it may be Vector Sigma. All of my lieutenants and generals are on other missions Are you up to the challenge?"

I watched as Optimus entered the chamber, before returning my attention to Hot Rod.

"Recent seismic activity on Cybertron has dislodged Apha Praxus such that we are receiving readings of a strange power signature. We fear it may be Vector Sigma. All of my lieutenants and generals are on other missions Are you up to the challenge?"
HotRodBanner.jpg

My circuits feel like they're about to fry as Prime's words reach my recepters.

"You actually want us to go on a mission!"

"Yes we finally get to see some action!"

Jetfire snaps his optics towards Blur.

"Silence Blur! I will not tell you again!"

Jetfire steps forward and lowers his voice as he adresses Prime.

"They're not ready Prime, I admit they do work well as a team but they are not ready!"

Hound

Staying crouched behind the small bit of rubble that was my only source of refuge. Sensors scanning all fields, the heat from the fire to intense for IR to extend anywhere near it. The debris and dust from the massive explosion clouding all visual sensors, there was nothing on any of the bands and Magnus hadn't gotten back to me. I didn't know if there was something wrong with my transmitter or there was somehow interference from the dammage that had been caused.

I keep my gun in hand and my launcher still perched over my shoulder just in case.

Better to stay put and see what I can find out........at least then we have a chance at finding out what happened here........

I keep up the full sensor sweeps as much as I can with the interference doing what I can to gather intel once the fires died down some I could use the smoke as a cover to advance and see what I could find out.

jazzdi2.jpg

Jazz slowly and cautiously looked out the opening of the pipe. The area before him looked like the factory subsection of the aerospace lab. From his point of view at the very back of the factory where he assumed the Decepticon workers disposed of the materials they no longer had use for, he could see three workers going about their routines. Perfect, he smirked. He switched his visor's viewmode and zoomed in on each of the workers, examining their person for any weapons.

After a few moments, and satisfied that there was only the single null-rifle by the doorway as far as weapons went, Jazz rechecked the ammunition in his blaster and holstered it before activating his magnetic grips, and began scaling the wall, keeping to the shadows. He considered himself lucky that the loud noise of the factory's machinery would do a lot to mask any potential noise that he could make. It wasn't long before he had reached the ceiling and was perched on a rafter, looking down at the three unsuspecting Decepticons. At that moment, Jazz could swear that he could hear his own spark crackling as he weighed his options and fixed the silencer onto his blaster. The only way out of that part of the facility and onto the bigger fish was through the main door, and there was no way he'd be getting out without any of the workers noticing him and sounding the alarm. These machines in here are all automated anyway; the workers are only here for routine maintenance. Nobody'll notice these Decepticreeps' absence for a while. He took his time sizing up the three bots down below. If this went wrong and even one of them got away long enough to sound an alarm, Jazz knew he was a goner. He had to time this just right. There was no room for mistakes. Alright. If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do this with style.

The first shot was barely a whisper, all but unnoticable over the ruckus of the factory, but the dead Decepticon falling limply did get the attention of his companions. The two remaining bots split up, one heading for the null-rifle that was hung by the main door while the other one made a mad dash for the alarm control. As the latter bot got within five steps of the alarm, he suddenly felt his entire body going cold as a blast struck him at the base of his neck. Slagging Autoboooott... it thought as its optics dimmed.

The last Decepticon was already in reach of the rifle when Jazz backflipped from his perch on the rafter and kicked the gun from his enemy's grip on his descent. Following up with an elbow to its faceplate, the Decepticon went down hard. Jazz quickly stepped on the bot's back and grabbed its left arm, bending it backwards and listening to the cirvos grinding against each other in the bot's shoulder joint. It wasn't a pleasant noise. Before the creep could cry out in pain, his head was pushed against the floor by the barrel of Jazz's blaster. "What's crackin'?"

Megatron, lord of the Decepticons, sat alone in the empty command chamber. Bonecrusher had yet to return from contacting Starscream, giving Megatron enough time to think. He sat perfectly still, and if one were to see him one would think him nothing more than a statue. All of his operating power was honed to one point, one decision: how he would break the news of the death of the Decepticon Council. After a few moments like this, his red eyes flared to life again. He reached out, gingerly touching one of the controls on his command console. A microphone rose out, wires trailing behind it, and a static buss filled the room.

“Fellow Decepticons, soldiers in our great cause, this is Megatron. My lieutenant, Bonecrusher, has just informed me that the Decepticon Council has been assassinated. It seems that a covert team of Autobots infiltrated the Spire and planted explosives, ensuring that our leaders and the surrounding three floors were incinerated. It is with heavy heart that I, as ranking Deception field commander, take the reigns of leadership until suitable replacements can be found. I assure you, friends, that this act of treachery by the hypocritical Sentinel Prime and his deluded Autobots will not go unpunished. As I speak, I am assembling a team to raid the Autobot headquarters, and with us we shall bring the fires of vindication. Glory forever to the Decepticons!” he roared, his voice booming out into the empty room. Another button was pushed, and the signal was cut. Every Decepticon within five lightcycles would hear it, and be driven to greater fervor. With might on his side, he knew there was no possibility of defeat.

“Yes... Sentinel Prime, soon you and I will have our final confrontation. How fitting that I, once a slave, will soon be master of all Transformers. How perfectly apropos. This war is entering the endgame, old foe, and I am already the victor,” Megatron said to himself. His mouth twisted into a smile as his ancient and evil mind began calculating the amount of force necessary to breach the Autobot main fortress. The Ark would be destroyed, and so with it all Autobot pretenses of saving Cybertron. The remaining Transformers would flock to his banner, and his flagship, his glorious Nemesis. Then, the stars themselves would burn with the fires of his conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"