Tron Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna suggest 2ron;

But then I saw it in print after I typed it and it just kinda looks like 'Iron'.

"Two tickets for the 8pm showing of 'IRON', please"

:huh:

Saw the leaked footage and it's looks great.. just the right ammount of slo-mo (when he leaps forward and the lightcycle forms around him is cool) and just generally a cool sequence so if this can move forward, I would be very much looking forward to it.

Tr2n is better than TRZ or maybe that's to do with a new concept? I dunno.. They should just have simply called it Tron.2

I was kinda hoping they might call it simply Tron, like how the new Star Trek film is simply Star Trek.

To my understanding, Star Trek is kinda of a prequel but with an emhasis on reboot.

Whereas Tron 2 is a direct sequel and so it cant have the same name as the 1st film.

yeah, people are really gonna know wtf they're talking about when they see the title "TRZ" (sarcasm).

edit: someone made a great comment on that Joblo, they should've just named it "T2ON"

Last edited:
I don't see why it wouldn't just be called TRON2, why is that so hard to do?

i don't have a problem with Tron 2, but it's not creative. using the "2" in the actual title signifies an updated, modern view of the movie. i would've settled for Tron 2.0 or something similar.

TRZ, however, is just lame. i can't help but think of Dragon Ball when i see it.

Wasn't Tron 2.0 the name of the game that came out I think that might be the reason why they can't use it.

if that's why they're not using that title i think that's a dumb reason. it wasn't even a successful game.

is TRZ suppose to be initials? am I suppose say "T-R-Z" or "Tron 2". Not to say that anyone can literally pronounce 'Tr2n' but still.

Olivia Wilde enters 'Tron' sequel
'TR2N' expected to be released in 2011

By MARC GRASER, TATIANA SIEGEL

Olivia Wilde has landed the female lead in Disney's "Tron" sequel.

Few details are known of the character the actress will play in the pic, titled "TR2N," to be helmed by commercial helmer Joseph Kosinski.

But Jeff Bridges will return in the role he played in the 1982 original, about a hacker who is abducted into the world of a computer and forced to participate in a series of gladiatorial games.

Disney plans to release the pic sometime in 2011.

Wilde is lensing Columbia's Judd Apatow-produced biblical comedy "Year One," opposite Jack Black, and is a series regular on Fox's medical drama "House."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997437.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

'Tron 2.0' has its first two players
Olivia Wilde, Beau Garrett cast in sequel

By Borys Kit
Dec 15, 2008, 11:00 PM ET

Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett are the first to sign on for "Tron 2.0," the sequel to the 1982 Disney cult classic being directed by Joseph Kosinski.
Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver.

The original, about a programmer thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create, is remembered for its sci-fi gladiator-style battles and groundbreaking special effects.

The new movie is acting as a "next chapter." Plot details are being guarded closely, but Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, the villainous intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the original film.

Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

The male lead has not been cast, but the studio and filmmakers are screen-testing actors as it brings on other leads and supporting players.

"Tron 2.0" is eyeing a spring shoot and is shaping up as one of the studio's most anticipated projects in years. Kosinski shot reels to test technology and showcase his vision for the film; the footage screened at Comic-Con in July and was one of the most buzzed-about films coming out of the geekfest.

Brigham Taylor is overseeing for Disney.

Wilde, repped by Endeavor and Kass & Stokes Management, can be seen on the Fox series "House." She next appears in "The Year One" with Jack Black and Michael Cera. Garrett, repped by ICM and 1 Management, appeared in "Made of Honor" and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." The two appeared together in "Turistas."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i728e28adf80ba3aa417057937b521401

glad to see this is moving along swimmingly....

...for now at least. *knocks on wood*

'Tron', formerly 'Tron 2' and 'Tr2n', now has a lead.

'Tron' sequel lands lead
Garrett Hedlund to star in Disney sequel

By Borys Kit
Jan 7, 2009, 01:00 AM ET

Disney has picked up-and-comer Garrett Hedlund to star in "Tron," the studio's sequel to the 1982 cult classic by the same name being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Hedlund, who made his debut in 2004's "Troy," has until now acted in larger ensemble pieces. He was one of the football players in Peter Berg's "Friday Night Lights," one of the foursome in the ensemble thriller "Four Brothers," a supporting player in the fantasy film "Eragon," and he appeared opposite Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman in "Georgia Rule."

Hedlund has been considered one of those actors that is on the cusp within the industry, though without much of a profile in middle America. Starring in a $150 million effects-intensive feature could change that.

Disney cast a wide net as it searched for the role that, because of the title, generated a lot of interest. Such potential leads as Ryan Gosling and Chris Pine met on the project, while Michael Stahl-David ("Cloverfield') was one of the those that screen-tested.

Hedlund will play the lead, a man who finds himself pulled into the world of a computer and retracing the steps of a character from the original movie named Kevin Flynn.

Jeff Bridges is reprising the role of Flynn, who was a computer programr but ended up as the CEO of a software corporation. Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett have also been cast in the project, which was known as "Tron 2" and "Tr2n" but it now going with the simple "Tron."

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver. The movie is eyeing a spring shoot.

Hedlund is repped by Endeavor and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4790a46c9905faf3a694d4f1046856b0

so it's called Tron like the first movie, kinda like how Seal had multiple self titled albums?

OOOh, the wheels are starting to turn.

:D

I am finding the concept of the sequel having the same name as the original a bit strange though.

Not really a fan of his....would have liked Gosling or Pine

Really glad we've just got Tron as the title. I was hoping for that. Never seen the lead before, so I hope he's good.

read about that a little while ago. Though i thought i remember reading not to long ago film had officially been titled Tron 2(Tron 2.0) and droped that silly Tr2n one.

i remember "Hancock" went through so many title changes before its release: Tonight He Comes, John Hancock, and then finally Hancock.

I hope that they keep the 2.0 just for the sake that it tells the public "it's a sequel not another damn remake".

yea i too believe it will be tron 2/tron 2.0 deal, i think the way that one reporter reported about the new lead in the film made some think differently.

also, the Hollywood Reporter mentioned that Mickey Rourke maybe playing Whiplash, while Variety states he might be playing Crimson Dynamo. I'm leaning towards Variety on that scoop, just how I think the movie will be called Tron 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"