Turn Off Your Phone

I always try to leave an occupied room whenever possible.

Shifting the topic slightly:

Does anyone else leave the room when they get a call? Not at the movies, but other places. Like if I'm at someone's home, at Barnes & Noble, or eating out with friends-- if I get a phone call, I usually take it outside or in another room.

Depends on who I'm with, where I'm at, and the nature of the call.

I barely take calls anymore unless its family or someone I haven't talked to in a long time. I text or message.

I never answer my phone.

Most people my own age know not to call. Its just a hassle. Texting allows you to get right to the point and the conversation doesn't have to end and be propped up with uhs and ahhs and various other filler BS.

You should always take a call in the other room. My friends and I were watching the game, when he got a call. He asks for us to quiet down, when I told him to leave the room.

You know, I don't have to turn off my phone because I put it on vibrate. If anyone does call my cell it's an emergency.

You should always take a call in the other room. My friends and I were watching the game, when he got a call. He asks for us to quiet down, when I told him to leave the room.

That's not cool, man. That's "punch in the arm" time.

I think I told this story in another thread but I had some kid in my movie theater smoking one of those e-cigs inside the movie theater. I know its vapor but all that **** is just billowing in front of me. That was annoying.

It amazes me how many people aren't bothered by this or think it's ok because it's become the norm. it's sad that it has become the norm.

if i go to a movie, spending upwards of 8.00 all the way to whatever imax costs for a movie ticket, i want an enjoyable experience. i want to see a movie without the distraction of someone talking about trivial things, someone talking on the phone, texting, etc

in a vast room, a random phone screen lit up does avert your attention. especially if their brightness is up to 100%.

i always turn my phone off or on vibrate. it's common courtesy and manners, which sadly aren't as common anymore.

So many people do it no one even dares ask them to stop nowadays. It used to be that the back rows were the best seats in the house, now you're in danger of seeing every ****ing phone.

people do it nowadays because people are too afraid, too lackadaisical or whatever to ask them to stop.

if there's a problem, i get an usher

i rarely get free time as it is, and i don't want someone ruining it for me

^Next time you take me to the movies, I'll sit back and let you handle your biz.

I didn't enjoy being "that guy", but back when I went to the movies a lot a quick and stern, "TURN OFF THE PHONE ***HOLE." will shut most people down pretty quick. No one likes to be publicly embarrassed.

^Next time you take me to the movies, I'll sit back and let you handle your biz.

haha

when i went to see the hunger games, this group of 4 or so teens were a few rows behind me and wouldn't shut up the whole time, they were probably not even watching the movie, they were just talking about any and everything. completely ruined the movie for me.

I think I told this story in another thread but I had some kid in my movie theater smoking one of those e-cigs inside the movie theater. I know its vapor but all that **** is just billowing in front of me. That was annoying.

You should've reported him to the manager or someone who works there.

Here's how you deal with an annoying mobile phone audience member:

costanza1_zpsb988017b.gif
costanza2_zpsc100e881.gif

costanza3_zps0dbddc64.gif
costanza4_zps8a1641da.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95