Two-Part Batman: The Long Halloween Animated film possibly in the works?!

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Pennywise, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Well the rumours are that Conroy is already attached and IF that's true, I can't see Timm dropping his Batman for Ackles no matter how popular he becomes.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  2. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

oh he is? where at? haha I wasn't aware. Hey if Conroys back, thats cool to me too. He's still the most iconic voice.

#302 Gothamsknight, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. atomicbattery Registered

Absolutely agree that this movie is stunning looking.
    The backgrounds, in particular, are astonishing. I’ve never seen painting like that in a DC animated film.
    And I love the new house style in character design, including my new favorite animated designs for Bruce and Selina.
    The Batman chase of Catwoman through Gotham is as spectacular as anything ever produced for DC animation.
    Beautiful show

4. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I’m rereading Knightfall/Knig
    fine with me, Conroy’s always no. 1

5. The Shape In the shadows

Watched this last night and definitely enjoyed it. I don't really agree that this was like a "motion comic". The animation could have been a bit more dynamic overall, but I thought the film succeeded in setting a certain tone and atmosphere.

Really enjoyed Jensen as Bruce/Batman, but I didn't find his performance to be quite as amazing as others have said. Looking forward to Part 2.

As for the changes to the original story, it looks like they are building towards an ending that is similar to the original story, with Gilda being revealed as the "second" Holiday killer. I just wonder if they are going to stick with Alberto having faked his death or will do something different there.

Erik Lensherr likes this.
  6. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

It was rumored back in February that Timm and Conroy are attached to a B:TAS ''sequel series''. With 'sequel', I think wires were crossed and they meant spiritual successor, which Caped Crusader seems to be getting promoted as.

What makes me feel there is some validity to the above claim is that we get numerous casting leaks from WB Animation that usually turn out to be accurate and they claim Hamill is NOT involved, which seems pretty specific if they were just jumping on the ''B:TAS sequel'' bandwagon.

I suppose time will tell.

Gothamsknight likes this.
  7. Longshot777 Registered

WTH!! Where are you guys buying this???

Went to every store and they don’t even have it.

8. Frodo Registered

I downloaded a digital copy on Amazon.

Itunes should have it as well.

Longshot777 and Pennywise like this.
  9. The Shape In the shadows

It's on VUDU.

10. AndrewGilkison Registered

Who is playing Gordon in this movie, because he was terrible in that one clip I saw.

11. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Bela's dad from Twilight

Pennywise likes this.
  12. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

He’s the weakest link, I hope he gets replaced in future films. This cast is near perfect

13. Pennywise Registered

Wow, so he goes from being a vampire to working with Batman.

14. Holy Slapper Registered

Watched this last night. Never read the comic so I don't know the story. That was the best part of this, though it did drag at times. Decent voice acting too. Animation is...conflicting. The style works for dialogue/non-action scenes but action scenes look semi-robotic or not fluid. The animated series looked much better. Also, I really hate the style where people dress in a modern way, tech is modern but cars are 40's/50's style. I realize the simple design is cheaper for mass highway/road shots but come on. Anyway, 7½/8- / 10 for me.

15. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Although I did enjoy this, we really are a far way from the days from The Dark Knight Returns and Year One adaptations. I rewatched TDKR Part I last night and what a great film that was--I didn't even miss the voiceover, but I know that stuck with some folks.

16. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Other than Cranston in Year One, I don't think they've cast a good Gordon yet in these films. I wasn't a fan of the TDKR version either.

17. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

What I don't understand is why they did pretty much panel for panel adaptations for these movies, but not Long Halloween. It's not a matter of making it not episodic, because the current film is super episodic.

18. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I don’t mind a connected universe amongst these films, but I do think TLH should have gotten that same premium treatment as TDKR.

The Lazarus Pit and Holy Slapper like this.
  19. Holy Slapper Registered

I wouldn't have minded if they had gone for a different animation style for this than the other current films.

The Lazarus Pit and Bruce Wayne like this.
  20. Pennywise Registered

David Dastmalchian on Voicing Calendar Man in Batman: The Long Halloween

21. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

Dastmalchian is DC royalty at this point.

I would really like to see Dark Victory, Knightfall, and No Man’s Land in this same universe. The latter two can be confusing to new readers due to being very continuity-reliant, and would need to be tweaked to fit an animated movie format anyways.

Pennywise likes this.
  22. Just_Bleed Registered

Alfred Pennyworth is the holiday killer.

23. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville...

I just finished the movie. I really enjoyed it! Jensen Ackles does a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. There were a few scenes where I could tell it was Jensen, but a good bit of it, he just sounded like Batman. I really like Troy Baker's Mark Hamil impression haha! He does a great job as The Joker. I'd be quite alright with these two doing more movies together.

Animation is great! My only complaint is the CGI on Cars/Planes/etc. Can someone please explain why they CGI this? Is it just a budget/cost thing? It never looks good.

Can't wait for part 2! I've never read the comic book before, so the comment above me just ruined the movie for me if it's true. Thanks buddy!

24. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Don’t worry; Alfred’s not Holiday. But the comic came out in 1996; I don’t know if you can really blame someone for talking openly about a story that’s nearly 30 years old. Might want to pick up the book before Part 2 release if you’re worried about being spoiled.

Karelia likes this.