Apocalypse Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS - Part 1

Eh not really "All New" has shown that they don't have to be joined by the hip to be interesting characters.

Whats The Last Stand? I never heard of that 'X-Men' movie before.

They shouldn't glue cyclops and jean together because it makes them both individually less interesting as singular characters

They shouldn't glue cyclops and jean together because it makes them both individually less interesting as singular characters

I agree. The best couples in film/tv have their own arcs, their own stories.

Apocalypse I think did a good job of showing they had a connection, but in the final battle they weren't just trying to save each other the entire time.

I hope in the next movie they focus on the father and son relationship between Charles and Scott. :yay:

And after comes Proteus and then the Shi'ar, father son problems and Charles have a brief moment of pure love, Scott and Jean are more reluctant and conflicted.

They should make Scott and Jean together in the next film, diffrent story ark i agree, but some time together and really discovering themselves as mutant would be great and hope not in a blank way or too usual. I think they should really bring a kind of poetry to the universe, something both weird, alien and over wordly but also hearty and touching.

I didn't like Sheridan as much as I did Marsden in the role, but it is great to see Cyclops again. The scenes of his powers manifesting, and his arrival at the school were great to finally see. He anchors most of the young X-Men scenes and they are my favourite parts of the movie.. I hope to see more development of his relationship with Xavier in the future, as he lost out to Jean in this film.

It's going to be hard to match considering how much Marsden actually looked like Jim Lee's Cyclops. It's uncanny, especially when he wore the visor. It helps being a Versace model with cheekbones that could cut through rocks though.

Only thing that gets me is Tye's height (esp w/Hugh being 6'2), but Singer and co. really seem to be banking on his abilities as an actor so I hope he doesn't go to waste in that regard.

It's going to be hard to match considering how much Marsden actually looked like Jim Lee's Cyclops. It's uncanny, especially when he wore the visor. It helps being a Versace model with cheekbones that could cut through rocks though.

Only thing that gets me is Tye's height (esp w/Hugh being 6'2), but Singer and co. really seem to be banking on his abilities as an actor so I hope he doesn't go to waste in that regard.

All true. Those cheekbones, lol. Marsden gave a really good performance in X1. It's become kinda underrated.

Tye is a great talent by all accounts. So far, so good for his Scott. Hopefully he's given a better chance to shine than his predecessor.

I have a big problem with this casting. I've never felt he was right choice for Cyclops (just as Sophie Turner is not right for Jean Grey), and it bothers me so much that it almost kills my interest in next movies with them... well, after X:A I am not really interested in them anyway, but current Cyclops & Jean don't help at all.

My ONLY gripe with 1983 Cyclops is that his optical blast looked pinkish like in the early X-Factor comic books. :whatever::whatever:

I'm not loving the casting of Cyclops but that's only based on the look. Cyclops always looked like the standard good looking all American boy, and in Apocalypse he didn't come off that way. Plus he is rather short; I am watching the film for the first time now so I will see if he impresses me with his acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"