Apocalypse Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS - Part 1

I really loved how his mutant powers have been visualized in the first part of the movie but his power displays became very stale and lacked any creativity in the third act of the movie. It looked really dull and not powerful at all. wished they would have put more thought into it...

They really can't do much with Cyclops' optic blast. Its kinda like Captain America's super strength.

So what happened with the scene where Jean grabs Scott's head to aim his optic blasts? I was really looking forward to it and it wasn't in the movie.

He is pretty limited in terms of spectacle. Its not like he can split his optic blasts in two and send them into different directions. And he doesn't even have super strength to throw people like super far/high. In terms of spectacle they can do a lot with Storm, Psylocke, Iceman, Rogue and even Jean.

Lol ur one of my fave posters
Love ur passion
So ur not a girl that must mean ur....

To make him more interesting you need to have him actually be really good at hand to hand and then let him use the optic blast as well. Give him some kick ash fight scenes instead of just staying in one spot pressing his finger on a visor. Tye was good in this though.

Lol ur one of my fave posters
Love ur passion
So ur not a girl that must mean ur....

Yes girl, I'm gay and proud! :ilv:

And nice to know that I'm one of your favorite posters here. I always see myself as the most hated and the most underappreciated member here but whatever.

To make him more interesting you need to have him actually be really good at hand to hand and then let him use the optic blast as well. Give him some kick ash fight scenes instead of just staying in one spot pressing his finger on a visor. Tye was good in this though.
there is so many ways to make Cyke cool with his power displays.
First and foremost he is a tactical genius, so you gotta show him preying the battle field like a hawk, ordering people around, responding to enemy changes in strategy.

Furthermore, the guy has tons of ways to use his optic blasts.
My fave is the omni blast,but you can give his blasts different visuals
Like remember how it looks on capcom vs Marvel ? yeah that would be one example.
Plus his blasts can be used to steady his drops from tall heights
They can be used as a propeller for increased leaping ability
They can be used to tear holes into the ground to travel tunnel style
He can bounce them off the wall like Cap shield.

yeah man there's so many ways to use his powers
speaking of shield, he can use one, he's such a glass canon.
Get the guy armored battle gear, and a shield, like the SWAT shield.
Yes girl, I'm gay and proud! :ilv:

And nice to know that I'm one of your favorite posters here. I always see myself as the most hated and the most underappreciated member here but whatever.
i ent a girl homie
and again its ur passion that is awesome

He was great...glad to see his "backstory" be fleshed out a little...hopefully we'll see more of him soon, along with Sophie as Jean...and Olivia as Psylocke...mmmm

So I've heard from others that Tye's Scott shows hints that he'll eventually become an potential leader for the X-Men group. Can someone confirm?

P.S. I haven't been able to see it due to my busy schedule, but I will this coming Saturday.

But I have no problem with being spoiled and always love hearing what others took from the film.

You know, assuming if the franchise continues with Tye as Cyclops, I hope he won't become overshadowed or lose his place as the potential leader for the group due to Mystique or even Wolverine. I certainly hope that they don't play up that love triangle again in the new timeline.

He's kind of the alpha of the group of younger X-Men. He makes some calls, gets them to follow him into a couple of situations, takes charge of situations when they happen. Or at least tries to.

He's kind of the alpha of the group of younger X-Men. He makes some calls, gets them to follow him into a couple of situations, takes charge of situations when they happen. Or at least tries to.

That's great to hear. When it comes to using his optic blasts in a fight, is he better used here than he was in previous X-Men films (namely in X-Men 1 and X2)?

Also, I ask this on behalf of some of my friends who are diehard Jean Grey and Scott Summers shippers (who also haven't seen the film), does the film set the two up where fans of the pairing can look forward to watching? And do they have to worry about Logan's inclusion in the film regarding that ship?

That's great to hear. When it comes to using his optic blasts in a fight, is he better used here than he was in previous X-Men films (namely in X-Men 1 and X2)?

Also, I ask this on behalf of some of my friends who are diehard Jean Grey and Scott Summers shippers (who also haven't seen the film), does the film set the two up where fans of the pairing can look forward to watching? And do they have to worry about Logan's inclusion in the film regarding that ship?

He's nowhere near as tactical and surgical with his blasts as he is in the original trilogy. He's much more reckless with them. But he's also depicted as young and inexperienced and impassioned.

I think so, yes.

Not really.

I'm glad Cyclops is finally getting his due in the films. One of the biggest achilles heels of the series has been his lack of development. It was always more the Wolverine show, which hopefully will not be the case once Jackman steps down.

I don't know if anyone else has said this but I noticed in the movie
When Apocalypse is walking toward the X-Men to kill them, Instead of Scott hiding he's standing in plain sight its like he's ready for Apocalypse, and to me I thought it was a great scene showing him shielding the others. :yay:

He is pretty limited in terms of spectacle. Its not like he can split his optic blasts in two and send them into different directions. And he doesn't even have super strength to throw people like super far/high. In terms of spectacle they can do a lot with Storm, Psylocke, Iceman, Rogue and even Jean.

cyclops has gotten kinda dark and violent at times i remember he shot emma frost in the gut with a gun in astonishing x men lol

so thats a route they can take or make him more agile like deadpool and do tons of hand to hand fight scenes on top of his blasts

also i hope we get this comrade in future movies lol
tumblr_o812xfKiD31qij3fzo2_540.gif

Last edited:
Tye made a great young Cyclops! You can definitely see him being the future leader of the X-Men.

[BLACKOUT]Wish we could've seen him blast off one sentinel at the end. :D [/BLACKOUT]

I don't think this was posted yet?

Tye for Flaunt

CjS4uYaXEAAlSYS.jpg

What was it like confronting the apocalypse in the X-Men?

It’s not only about the X-Men confronting the apocalypse, and Apocalypse himself, but we get to see the young X-Men, their origins, what made them who they actually are, and who we know them to be from the previous films. So, it’s really an early examination of character development. When we meet my character [young Scott Summers] he hasn’t discovered his mutant powers yet. To get to see where these iconic characters came from was really special. There are few franchises that hold up, especially with as much time as the X-Men franchise has spanned over. I’m so grateful and honored to be just a small part of that.
http://flaunt.com/people/tye-sheridan/

As others have said, I loved Cyclops's role in this film. Definitely the best that he's been used in the entire X-Men Franchise.

I also loved his developing relationship with Jean as well. Also, I hope Jean's comments about Havok/Alex having believed that Cyclops was meant for great/big things (that could change the world) is an precursor to what his new role in the series will be like in the future.

If the sequel does indeed take place 10 years later, then there's no excuse for him not being a leader "yet".

That is IF we get a sequel with this cast :csad:. Numbers are dissappointing -- and as bad as X3 may have been, it made more money than the two previous movies, and even with that it didn't get a direct sequel, they went for prequels. Which makes the future after X:A uncertain for sure.

I really enjoyed his performance. His and Sophie's along with Fassbenders and McAvoy as well as Bryne and Munn. I liked Holt too. Oh and that guy who played Nightcrawler. lols. Everyone was really good but the ones I mentioned here are the standouts for me. :) Glad to see Cykes back in the game...Looking forward to see how his relationship with Jean will unfold. I got pretty moved by their scene on the little air craft...where they talk about Alex.

The ending in the danger room got me all crazy :D the costumes! finally! So classic! YES! :hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"