Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically the beast and mystique stuff wasn't ignored in DoFP there is a cut scene between them where she tells him maybe they could be together if he accepts who he is, but they cut that once the rogue sequence was cut

The reason why he talks like this Is likely Cyclops,Jean,and Storm are supporting Characters.

Or maybe kinberg isn't allowed to say much about them yet? thats likely the reason

He hasn't told us anything about the the FC cast we don't already know about, or at least most should have known that they would continue the arc of certain characters from the 2 previous

we probably won't hear about new characters for a good while, alot of times nothing is announced till the actor is revealed

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, would you guys prefer for this film to show on how Xavier discovered and recruited Scott, Jean, and Storm?

Or should the film start out with the trio already being enrolled in school?

Personally, I hope that we get to see a situation where Xavier gets either captured or is presumed dead for awhile so that we get to see the trio take charge and lead the fight for awhile, especially Scott...where we can finally see why he's best fit to be the new field leader and why Xavier came to trust in him so much that he would ultimately decide in making Scott a successor to the school should anything happen to him (Xavier)

Out of curiosity, would you guys prefer for this film to show on how Xavier discovered and recruited Scott, Jean, and Storm?

Or should the film start out with the trio already being enrolled in school?

Personally, I hope that we get to see a situation where Xavier gets either captured or is presumed dead for awhile so that we get to see the trio take charge and lead the fight for awhile, especially Scott...where we can finally see why he's best fit to be the new field leader and why Xavier came to trust in him so much that he would ultimately decide in making Scott a successor to the school should anything happen to him (Xavier)

Seems weird that Beast wouldn't be presented as team leader until Scott steps up against Apocolypse.

i don't think they will put cyclops,jean and storm in the spotlight over the 4 continued FC cast and there really is no reason for them to do that either

but saying that they need to give cyclops,jean and storm development since since they can't just have plain characterizations stepping up and becoming the X-Men

and it sounds like there will be quite alot of characters involved too and its the apocalypse story so you have to do big

There Is possibilty all 3 could already be at school and be training under Xavier.
Otherwise we would have situation where they are found and brought to school,and shortly after that they would have to fight Apocalypse,his horseman,and any others following Apocalypse without much training if any.

If Nightcrawler makes the cut I could imagine a sceniro where Xavier finds
him and brings him to school which already has Cyclops,Jean,and Storm.

In all likelyhood the focus will be On Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and beast with
some on Apocalypse and Wolverine.

It's almost a sure bet at some point In Apocalypse Magneto or magneto and his brotherhood will team up with X-men.Mystique being turned Into horseman could poentialy bring Xavier,and Magneto to work together again.I could also see sceniro where Xavier also works to free wolverine from Apocalypse's control.If Xavier isn't bald when film opens and they want some dramatic reason for him to lose his hair I could imagine Xavier freeing wolverine with his telpathic powers could be reason for it.

Let's not forget QUicksilver will be back.Gambit could be In film although it might be a small role similar to Quicksilver's In DOFP to help set him up for solo film.And there Is possibilty of deadpool appearance.

Eugh, more Mystique? I don't care who is playing who, characters should only be the focal point if it serves the story. Otherwise Origins: Wolverine happens

As long as Jennifer lawrence Is under contract Mystique will be center of attention.She may be leaving after APocalypse so this may be last film with her In such a big role.

Eugh, more Mystique? I don't care who is playing who, characters should only be the focal point if it serves the story. Otherwise Origins: Wolverine happens

How do you know the Mystique character doesn't serve the story?! She did work with/for Apocalypse in the animated series...

I just want an xmen movie that concentrates on you know the xmen not wolverine and friends or mystique who's not even an x-man just for once i want a movie to concentrate on the team and there dynamic and working together to defeat a threat and not lone wolf characters.

Well, when you have characters played by actors that are bankable like Jackman and Lawrence they're not gonna give them bit parts.

Good lord. Enough with Mystique! I see no reason why she should even be in this

Is there a reason why she shouldn't?

From what I remember about the 90s animated series mystique is working for apoclaypse so it's not like like there would be no room for her

Last edited:
I love X-Men fans. <3

"Focus on other characters!!!"

*other characters get focus*

"ENOUGH WITH THESE OTHER CHARACTERS!!!"

Singer has all but confirmed that Young Scott, Jean, and Ororo will be in the movie. As someone who actually liked the Beast/Mystique thing from FC, and was disappointed tat DOFP kind of skipped over it, I'm fine with this film bringing it back into play. And since they've said repeatedly that this movie will complete the trilogy arc that started in FC, I'm surprised that some people here thought that Magneto/Mystique/Beast wouldn't play important roles in this film. This movie will likely tie up a lot of the story/character arcs & ideas that have been building over the last two films. The real question is where the franchise goes AFTER this movie.

cyclops,Jean, storm and nightcrawler can play big roles in the story even if it is inbetween the continued arc of the 4 FC characters

Hopefully it's the longest film in the franchise but hey It's quality not always quantity

It will be interesting to see who they get to play these characters

I just find it funny how Kinberg can say one thing and everyone then seems to think that it is the sole plot in the film "Mystique and Beasts relationship will be something we delve into" becomes "there is no Apocalypse, Mystique is the only character, Wolverine is going to be the main character, no cyc, storm or jean" The amount of comments on different sites about how Wolverine and Mystique are going to be the focus is mindboggling. In DOFP they werent even the main characters. Mystique could be in Apoc for 5 minutes and people will still say its too much.

Sheesh! I for one like Mystique as the bridge between Xavier and Magneto and forsee her being the connector between apoc and the two again.
Also wouldnt surprise me if Beast winds up as Nightcrawlers dad or helps mystique find him.

People seriously love to hate.

Well, knee-jerk pessimism/jumping the gun is nothing new for comic book fans. Some of them just seem utterly incapable of NOT thinking the worst of every little bit of news, or taking a "wait and see" approach. And given how, as you said, Wolverine and Mystique weren't even the main focus of DOFP (Xavier was), people just assuming that they'll be the focus here makes little sense.

I think it's because the roles haven't been cast yet.

So you are expecting superstars in these roles? How big could these roles be when everyone from DoFP (1973) are back and stars of the show? It's obvious to me that Jean/Scott/Cyke are not going to be the focus of this movie, which is a shame because I thought they would play off the young Jean angle we saw in X-3 and how her powers were reading off the charts. Thought it would have made for an interesting dynamic in part 3, as opposed to jumping to Apocalypse.

We also have to keep in mind that this is 1983. I know Kingberg made it known that the actors may be born at different times. End of Origins was like 1987 according to that Empire timeline, so Scott would have to be 13-14 at most in 1983 if they stay consistent with that. We'll see if they retcon the ages of the OT characters entirely, which is a distinct possibility.

Since wolverine wasn't even focus on DOFP Xavier was it's very doudtful he would In Apocalypse.I stand by my thinking it's very likely he will be horseman.
Also remember the wolverine In Apocalypse won't have memory of events of DOFP.All he remembers Is breifly being In paris and seeing Xavier & Beast
and then being pulled from river.Xavier trying to free Wolverine could be a sub-plot of Apocalypse.But,I seriously doudt they will pay Hugh jackman to be In
film and he doesn't say much.If he's horseman I am sure he will get some dialogue.

The producers for press for DOFP have indicated In Apocalypse is when Nicholas Hoult takes steps to become the beast Kelsey Grammer was In new future.Where he takes pride In being a mutant and is no longer trying to turn himself human.

Apocalypse Is conclusion to FC trilogy so it makes sense that Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast get a lot of the focus.

Right off the bat we know about 10 characters In film

Xavier
Magneto
Mystique
wolverine
Beast
Apocalypse
Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Quicksilver

If both Gambit and Nightcrawler make the cut that makes It 12

That's not even getting into Characters who may be brought In to serve Apocalypse or be part of Brotherhood If Magneto has one like Toad and Scarlet witch or somehow Deadpool.

We don't want a mess like Last Stand where they just threw characters In.

So you are expecting superstars in these roles? How big could these roles be when everyone from DoFP (1973) are back and stars of the show? It's obvious to me that Jean/Scott/Cyke are not going to be the focus of this movie, which is a shame because I thought they would play off the young Jean angle we saw in X-3 and how her powers were reading off the charts. Thought it would have made for an interesting dynamic in part 3, as opposed to jumping to Apocalypse.

We also have to keep in mind that this is 1983. I know Kingberg made it known that the actors may be born at different times. End of Origins was like 1987 according to that Empire timeline, so Scott would have to be 13-14 at most in 1983 if they stay consistent with that. We'll see if they retcon the ages of the OT characters entirely, which is a distinct possibility.
Best to ignore the empire timeline now.

If cyclops,Jean,and storm are not all 16 In Apocalypse I will be surprised.

Since there is no back and forth future and past going on they can stick to one place and have the characters intertwined more

I can see magneto and Xavier being at the age to be more father figures or leaders to other characters

And yes I know some will get insecure and say but cyclops is the leader but he still answers to xavier so yeah

Last edited:
Scott can be 15 here and 19 at end of Origins in old timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"