Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I'll flip this right back on you and say you are the one who's wrong, again. This is a subject that caused a negative stir on the internet which prompted the source to make a response. I don't care if you don't think it's a controversy, but you aren't convincing me otherwise.

"a negative stir on the internet" did NOT cause Druckmann to respond. An interviewer at PSX asked about the casting decision, and Druckmann explained their thought process. There is a HUGE difference between the situation you've imagined in your head and the one that actually happened. But please, continue to believe your fiction if that's what makes you happy.

"a negative stir on the internet" did NOT cause Druckmann to respond. An interviewer at PSX asked about the casting decision, and Druckmann explained their thought process. There is a HUGE difference between the situation you've imagined in your head and the one that actually happened. But please, continue to believe your fiction if that's what makes you happy.
its not a fiction I'm believing in, it's an existing controversy that took place when Nadine Ross was revealed. I didn't imagine anything in my head, lol...sounds like you're in denial that anything even happened. druckmann said he read about it, and the interview obviously brought it up because he was aware of it too.

Once again you're right and speaking logically but I don't think he's gonna budge man haha. His mind is set on something else unfortunately. Oh well.

Once again you're right and speaking logically but I don't think he's gonna budge man haha. His mind is set on something else unfortunately. Oh well.
my mind is set on the reality. I don't find what he's saying to be logical because there's evidence to the contrary, but I'm not gonna shun or mock him for it.

It's what's endearing about Baneful, haha. I'm giving up explaining things; at this point it's become a larger discussion than the actual "controversy" lol.

It's what's endearing about Baneful, haha. I'm giving up explaining things; at this point it's become a larger discussion than the actual "controversy" lol.

thats how it always goes

Hey, this ain't a one sided thing. I've caught you wrong about things before - but my objective isn't to berate you about it.
thats how it always goes
I could say the same that about several people on the web

I'm not berating you. There's no victim card to play here.

I'm not berating you. There's no victim card to play here.
you said the controversy is all my imagination. It isn't.

You're right that druckmann talked about it because he was asked, but he admitted he read about it beforehand and sort if saw it coming too. You don't agree that it's a controversy and that's fine. It doesn't have to be a big deal that we disagree.

Last edited:
I think the only reason Naughty Dog had to address the "elephant in the room" is because it's Naughty Dog. I don't think many other developers would have had to approach the topic and I don't think of it as a controversy, just a topic to discuss. So many voice actors out there of different colors playing many characters of different colors in-game.

I think the only reason Naughty Dog had to address the "elephant in the room" is because it's Naughty Dog. I don't think many other developers would have had to approach the topic and I don't think of it as a controversy, just a topic to discuss. So many voice actors out there of different colors playing many characters of different colors in-game.

Only ones making a big deal about it are SJW's who need to ***** or make a big deal about EVERYTHING in gaming. Listen to PS I ❤️ You XOXO.. Colin and Greg discuss this and I agree with Colin when he says enough is enough with this ****. Not everything has to be a social issue or white washing or sexist or whatever else anyone that play games tend to moan and groan about.

Phil LaMarr for example.. Is a black man who voices black, white, Japanese (Samurai Jack) Alien (Jone Jones), Romanian (Vamp) and lord knows what else. People need to lighten up and stop dragging ******** social issues into video games. A white woman is voicing a black woman because she was better at VOICE ACTING than anyone else that tried out.. Including black and Asian women.

If they would have made her a white woman from Africa.. The Internet would have exploded even more.. Because we all know white people DONT live in Africa...

Only ones making a big deal about it are SJW's who need to ***** or make a big deal about EVERYTHING in gaming. Listen to PS I ❤️ You XOXO.. Colin and Greg discuss this and I agree with Colin when he says enough is enough with this ****. Not everything has to be a social issue or white washing or sexist or whatever else anyone that play games tend to moan and groan about.

Phil LaMarr for example.. Is a black man who voices black, white, Japanese (Samurai Jack) Alien (Jone Jones), Romanian (Vamp) and lord knows what else. People need to lighten up and stop dragging ******** social issues into video games. A white woman is voicing a black woman because she was better at VOICE ACTING than anyone else that tried out.. Including black and Asian women.

If they would have made her a white woman from Africa.. The Internet would have exploded even more.. Because we all know white people DONT live in Africa...

there is only one person trying to make it a controversy on this site. Most people dont care. Can we move on now

there is only one person trying to make it a controversy on this site. Most people dont care. Can we move on now
jesus.. I never even said that I support what was going on. Just pointed out the fact that it happened.

Furthermore, nobody is being forced to talk about this. So if you're going to move on, then by all means, post about something else.

Last edited:
I'll post about something else: I'm finding the grappling hook to be a mixed bag so far. On the one hand, swinging around is fun, but on several occasions I've tried to do a charged attack (which uses the same button) and ended up accidentally tethered to something making me a sitting duck for the person I was about to attack. You should at least be able to press L1 again to let go of the damn rope when that happens, but you can't. I've now died on 2 or 3 occasions because of this. Annoying.

I confess I haven't even played a full round of MP yet. :(

When does the Beta end?

I'll post about something else: I'm finding the grappling hook to be a mixed bag so far. On the one hand, swinging around is fun, but on several occasions I've tried to do a charged attack (which uses the same button) and ended up accidentally tethered to something making me a sitting duck for the person I was about to attack. You should at least be able to press L1 again to let go of the damn rope when that happens, but you can't. I've now died on 2 or 3 occasions because of this. Annoying.
what I thought I would find annoying at first about the mp was the npc sidekicks. This is mp, so we shouldn't have npcs coming in to deal with as well but now I think it might be pretty cool

Played maybe 6 or 7 rounds of MP so far, I'm enjoying it. I'm still getting used to aiming as something feels larger/wider when aiming at enemies, the field or it's zoomed in closer, not sure. I still managed to go 19-3 or something in my first match :funny:. The game looks terrific though.

Should send them some feedback on that then :up:

I've gotten attacked by someone on that grappling hook and it wasn't one of my favorite moments. I'm thinking my shooting them is gonna take them out while they swing at me but instead I get abused and they have their moment of glory.

:grr:

This game looks glorious, as expected. I hope the dialogue choice doesn't ruin the flow of the game and its cinematics. Most of the time I prefer just a straight story that doesn't bother with those kind of choices.

I was mentioning to my brother how amazing the strap on the rifles were and how something so small could be such a big improvement in a game like this. I've never seen shoulder straps on rifles flapping around in combat in a game before.

I've also noticed when changing from a rifle to a pistol he actually wraps the gun around his back instead of just attaching it to an invisible magnet on his back :hehe: Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"