The Dark Knight UPDATE* The Dark Knight Rerelease Still On!

Maybe after it brings home a little Oscar gold...?

The front page has been updated. Apparently the planned rerelease is still moving forward. :applaud

I think WB just made the previous announcement with the sole purpose of making all of us and other Batfans **** our pants in shock... only to say false alarm to give us a sigh of relief.

"EARLY APRIL FOOLS. WE WE'RE JUST KIDDING AROUND"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50951

Source:
December 2, 2008

Superhero Hype! reports that Warner Bros. Pictures has dropped the plan to rerelease The Dark Knight in theaters in January. The studio was in talks with IMAX executive about bringing back the movie to a number of giant-screen venues, though it was uncertain whether the film would also return to conventional theaters.

For more on this, click here!

hr_The_Dark_Knight_18.jpg

The front page has been updated. Apparently the planned rerelease is still moving forward. :applaud

brucewayne.jpg

Wait so... will it be in theaters again or not???

Well, WB just brutally slaughtered, then resurected my dreams, in a span of about 2 minutes.

****ING ******** I never got to see it in IMAX cuz I figured they were re releaseing it I'M PISSED:cmad::bomb:

captiontdk-1.jpg

Joker: So Batman guess what?
Batman: *sigh* What now...
Joker: WB isn't going to rerelease The Dark Knight in theaters this January. It's online and everything.

Batman12.jpg

Batman: ... what?

2556408038_b46b4e4d7c.jpg

Joker: BWAHAHAHAHAHA! April Fools... They ARE planning to rerelease the film. God you should have seen the look on your face... it was priceless... it--

jkvo3.jpg

Batman: NOT FUNNY!

captiontdk-1.jpg

Joker: WB isn't going to rerelease The Dark Knight in theaters this January. It's online and everything.

Batman12.jpg

Joker: BWAHAHAHAHAHA! April Fools... They ARE planning to rerelease the film. God you should have seen the look on your face... it was priceless... it--

jkvo3.jpg

epic win!:applaud

Great! I always wanted to check it out in IMAX. I think I've only seen something on IMAX once.

Jett said this on the BOF board about the re-release being still on.

"Just got a return email from WB..."Not True."

I think WB just made the previous announcement with the sole purpose of making all of us and other Batfans **** our pants in shock... only to say false alarm to give us a sigh of relief.

"EARLY APRIL FOOLS. WE WE'RE JUST KIDDING AROUND"
Or they waited around to see the fanboy response, which was "NOOOOOOO!:

:oldrazz:

Well that's good that they were just kidding. :up:

hr_The_Dark_Knight_18.jpg

brucewayne.jpg

captiontdk-1.jpg

Batman12.jpg

jkvo3.jpg

Brilliant!! :lmao:

Score. To my eternal shame, I was unable to see TDK in Imax during it's original run. I saw it three times in regular theaters. I look forward to correcting this error.

My question is, will they be rereleasing it exclusively in IMAX, or in regular theaters as well? Because there's not an IMAX within 500 miles of me that played it last time. The closest one is in Texas. Let's hope, though, that the other IMAX's in my area (there are a couple, they just decided not to play it for some reason) take advantage of the rerelease and do it this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"