The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

That suit has to be one of the worst designed superhero suits to ever make it to the big screen.
I feel the opposite, when his helmet is off, not only is it not the worst, but it is the BEST:
tumblr_mhtio99VZ01qa7tl2o1_500.png

tumblr_mhtiwa9UQG1qa7tl2o1_500.png

tumblr_mc8ybtcYdu1qa7tl2o1_500.png

tumblr_mc8y83aVte1qa7tl2o1_500.png

Unfortunately Captain America isn't fully Captain America without his cowl, so I wish they would have gotten that right.

I think the modern day outfit could benefit from a chinstrap to be honest...

I think it could benefit if it were a combat helmet like his WWII outfit, instead of the cowl thing they were going with.

The helmet and cowl killed it, I agree he is awesome with them off. I like TFA helmet

In any case, I honestly doubt they'll keep Cap's costume for TWS as-is from his Avengers outfit, especially due to the massive marketing goldmine for action figures and whatnot that could come if they introduced a new star-spangled outfit for him in TWS.

can we see what he actually carries in his utility belt? haha

My main problem with the helmet is that it bulges out at the brow. I prefer the flatness of TFA's helmet.

For some reason, I like the more military-looking wings on Cap's helmet in TFA rather than the stylized ones from Avengers.

I've posted this in the News and Speculation thread, but I thought that it might be good to post it here as well.

I found a concept art for the Cap's new suit for TWS. It's a familiar design.

WYTEw5d.jpg

I've posted this in the News and Speculation thread, but I thought that it might be good to post it here as well.

WYTEw5d.jpg

huh-uh

WYTEw5d.jpg

WHAT the F**K is this??????????
I really really hope that's a fake or some fanart

That is completely the opposite of the direction they should go

If this is real, I am very very sad

You wanna give him the super soldier suit without the helmet for a bit of the film, fine
but if this is his final suit design, I hope the costume designer dies in a fire

I know I shouldn't get so upset or take it so personally
but I am so f**kin pissed right now I can hardly type

overly complicated, ugly color, chin strap, no torso stripes whatsoever, fingerless gloves????
just no no f***ing no

why do some people hate cap's real suit so much?!

Last edited:
I thought we weren't allowed to post stuff from that place.

WHAT the F**K is this??????????
I really really hope that's a fake or some fanart

That is completely the opposite of the direction they should go

If this is real, I am very very sad

F*** That

You wanna give him the super soldier suit without the helmet for a bit of the film, fine
but if this is his final suit design, I hope the costume designer dies in a fire

I know I shouldn't get so upset or take it so personally
but I am so f**kin pissed right now I can hardly type

I agree.

They need to give him wings and the stripes on the midsection.

WYTEw5d.jpg
"Well this is all horrible."

After the great suits we're getting in Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, THIS is the kind of thing they decide to go with. Bleh.

What I always found was so great about the Brubaker books is that he thrusts Cap into these very realistic, almost 24-esque scenarios, but still garbs him in his classic red, white and blues. It added a sense of importance, a feeling that Cap was above the dark secrets of the world. He was still a shining symbol of hope.

This isn't.

Not sure what you guys were expecting, to be honest. The flashy suit from TA would never have worked for a movie like this. It needed to be much more functional, and from the look of this concept art, it will be.

Hmm I dunno, It's a Captain America movie

So I guess I was expecting a Captain America costume

Not sure what you guys were expecting, to be honest. The flashy suit from TA would never have worked for a movie like this. It needed to be much more functional, and from the look of this concept art, it will be.
We were expecting a Captain America costume, not that we won't get it. I think we will.

So it looks like they took the suit below, and tweeked it so it has the stitching and helmet from his Avengers suit. I think it looks weird for his ears to be uncovered.

B78zmDU.jpg

Hmm I dunno, It's a Captain America movie

So I guess I was expecting a Captain America costume

I never understood the fundamentalist approach to translating comic book costumes onto the big screen. If Marvel had taken that approach to Thor, he would have looked absolutely ridiculous (thankfully, the yellow boots, yellow belt, blue tights, and real-feathered helmet were discarded in favor of a much more believable outfit).

Now when it comes to Captain America, I don't see why any special standard should apply. A man running around on covert missions in a bright red and blue suit is silly. The traditional costume was an important part of the story in TFA, and to some degree also in TA - but now when it comes to TWS, when Steve is not being used for WW2 propaganda or to create hope/nostalgia in a battle, it makes perfect sense that they would redesign the suit and make it more functional.

I never understood the fundamentalist approach to translating comic book costumes onto the big screen. If Marvel had taken that approach to Thor, he would have looked absolutely ridiculous (thankfully, the yellow boots, yellow belt, blue tights, and real-feathered helmet were discarded in favor of a much more believable outfit).
That Thor comparison is weak. Thor has already had a modern update in the comics for a while now, which is what all of Thor's outfits in the MCU take after. Especially the most recent Thor costume.
http://www.comiclist.com/media/users/cslepage/Thor07VariantCover.jpg
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/pho...DarkWorld-loki-thor-2011-32881077-463-600.jpg

Captain America's costume design is as important as Spider-Man/Superman/Batman. He can still have a functional suit that also looks like people would expect it to. Just look through this thread and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
Not sure I'm that big of a fan of the concept art (fake or real) as it just takes away from the general uniform of CA. Even The Avengers and the new Marvel Now suits, although updated, take cues from the original suit. This is just the SS suit that he wore when Bucky became CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"