The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

Sorry, don't see how this suit looks that much better.

tumblr_mv4rarrpnt1rrwrmho1_500.gif

Judging from that gif, I'm not a fan of the look.

I really like the fit and the materials used in the new suit. So my hope is that in the next movie they use that template add in the correct color scheme and design and boom you got a great Cap suit. But as of right now I am happy with the two suits being used for story purposes

I like the commander rogers suit, but the one in that gif is perfection.

glad to see he'll likely be in a TFA type costume by the end of the film.

The old pics showed the Shield logo on his right shoulder but in this one you can clearly see an American flag and 'Rogers' on the other shoulder.

That's a damn fine looking suit. I like the collar particularly. This is the approach they should take with future iterations of Cap's costume imo.

6vlpBRb.jpg

tumblr_mv4rarrpnt1rrwrmho1_500.gif

This is great!! TFA togs are back!! I saw no reason to change them in the first place.....he's always worn his uniform from WWII, in our modern day....only lately in the comics are they trying to make him look like the movies.

But is it true that near the end , Rogers breaks into the Smithsonian to take back his old suit??

Could it because he rejects the modern day philosophy of what heroism is and this suit takes him back to a place when good was good and bad was bad? That new SHIELD uniform he's currently wearing is "tainted" in his mind, the more he sees how things operate now. His old suit is a reminder of what Professor Erskine told him to never forget, in TFA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxluWLH_u-c

I hope there is a flashback on this scene...

Last edited:
I got the impression from one of the earlier interviews with the Russos, that Captain America may have more than two suits in this film and that his old WW2 uniform and his shield outfit aren't the only ones because at the time that they were asked the question, it was already common knowledge that Steve would wear those two outfits but the Russos answered it by saying that Steve may have a few more suits to wear that people aren't aware of as of yet.

I kind of hope that at the end of the film, he finds a better balance of a outfit between his old World War uniform and his current look and I really hope that Joss doesn't allow the costume designers for the next Avengers film to mess up the look again.

For a2 I hope the suite is in the mold if the shield suit but with the classic color scheme and design.

I love the stars and stripes on Cap, but the Commander Rogers suit is nearly flawless. I wouldn't mind a Cap suit that takes that as a foundation but adds a little more red to it. For patriotism yo.

I think he breaks into the Smithsonian to get his old suit (or the version they have on display) back because 1) he's fed up with SHIELD and the government's way of doing things and rejects their modern-day philosophy and approach to "peacekeeping" and 2) he's trying to break through whatever it is controlling Bucky.

The Avengers suit of cap looks funny in terms of these new suits .
they should really get a better design for A-AOU

Yeah the commander rogers suit + more red and some midsection stripes would be awesome

I love the stars and stripes on Cap, but the Commander Rogers suit is nearly flawless. I wouldn't mind a Cap suit that takes that as a foundation but adds a little more red to it. For patriotism yo.

I think he breaks into the Smithsonian to get his old suit (or the version they have on display) back because 1) he's fed up with SHIELD and the government's way of doing things and rejects their modern-day philosophy and approach to "peacekeeping" and 2) he's trying to break through whatever it is controlling Bucky.

I hope that's the reason........

Comic book art can cheat and the material of his costume never came up. But now, why would he remain in a uniform that was made up of obsolete materials. Why have all that bulk if there's lighter stronger gear? Newer isn't always better but old doesn't mean it's the best either.

i'm sure the designers tried alot of things...so not sure if these is are a good improvement.

its just that i miss some red in there too;-)...and for the gif. i thought it was his first suit??? but it seems they blended the avengers suit with the first avenger one together...i still wish they had a more baggier and sturdy looking suit for avngers than the skin thight one:-(

^^See, I'm the opposite on that myself
I think the "commander Rogers" suit is too busy, and a bit too baggy

I do like the coloring with the red thrown on there tho
I'd be happy to see more muted colors like these in AoU, but on a suit that's a tad more form-fitting

...and a helmet that exposes the ears while avoiding a chinstrap... that can be done, right?

The old pics showed the Shield logo on his right shoulder but in this one you can clearly see an American flag and 'Rogers' on the other shoulder.

That's a damn fine looking suit. I like the collar particularly. This is the approach they should take with future iterations of Cap's costume imo.

6vlpBRb.jpg

Keep that suit design, add the colors and I am totally happy. :) Hopefully that happens near the end of the film.

Love this new suit he's wearing. Further more, i love the new (or should i say old?) helmet he's wearing as well, nice touch w/ the ears being revealed. I gotta say, i am a huge fan of the chin strap. Evans, is a spectacular Captain America.

That agent rodgers suit imo looks fantastic. Well done.
Even if they were to add minimal amounts of red and call it the CA suit, I'd be happy. Aesthetically, it's a knockout. Evans wearing it doesn't hurt, he looks great too.

[BLACKOUT]He was wearing his avengers suit in his cameo in thor 2[/BLACKOUT]

But that was for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"