Valentine's day is coming up...

Valentine's Day is sort of special to my wife and I because our first real date was on Valentine's Day. We usually sit and listen to music by the fireplace with a nice bottle of wine following a good dinner and feed each other a little dark chocolate while cuddling. There's usually a nice card involved and sometimes something small and thoughtful as a token of appreciation for our love, but we really spend the whole year doing stuff like that. This year will be a little different as my wife is pregnant so no wine for her and she's been pretty particular about what she wants to eat so dinner (and even the chocolate) might be a challenge. But we'll just enjoy the evening together, regardless. :)

jag

December - Christmas
February - Valentine's Day
April - Anniversary

This is why we just exchange something small because it tends to get out of hand. What diamond earings for christmas, diamond bracelet for VD and diamond necklace for anniverary? $$$$$

VD should be flowers, chocolates, dinner, sex.

I need a valentine first. Maybe we should make a Hype Valentine Thread.

..... Erz?

Heck, I'd be happy if I were taken out to our local Chinese Buffet for dinner. All that matters to me is a nice looking guy with the gift of gab and a great, funny personality. That's worth more than all the roses, candies and $200 dollar meals, a guy who is just as dedicated to me as I am of him.

Most people find that philosophy of mine amazing because I'm a woman and we're supposed to badger our guys about this one day. If I need to beg for attention just one day out of the year then there's something wrong with my relationship I say.

i agree

i'm don't need the big fancy things, just a nice honesty guy who's funny and can accept that i play sports, read comics, and like to draw :up:

i never understood the whole "let's go out for a fancy dinner" thing.

i just can't see paying $200 for a decent meal and an overpriced bottle of wine. call me cheap, but still.

Well it's within my means to do so and my wife is worth it.

Considering I'm a woman (I thought my title Queen of Monsters would clue you in.) no I do not prefer the fairer sex. I'm in the market for a nice looking guy though.

1. I am not in the habit of checking titles
2. Queen, these days, does equate to women 100% of the time.
3. Happy Hunting.

I need a valentine first. Maybe we should make a Hype Valentine Thread.

..... Erz?
Ha.

With the 2 girls who post here?

I hope some of you don't mind "experimenting".

Or maybe a cross promotion with Prison Pen Pals.

good lord, your pretty much every guy on shhs dream girl.

well, then you're very, very low maintenance... and there ought to be more girls like you out there.

Let's just say I try to be sensible about the whole thing. ;) I guess I have more emotional needs instead of financial so I've been searching for a guy with a personality that can balance out my dark moods with his composure and humor. The gift of being a rock for me to cling to trumps all superficial materialistic things. With as revolutionary a woman as I am though I'm finding it hard to find a guy though. :(

You don't have to break the bank or by diamonds, just do something. If you have disdain for Hallmark don't get a card. Is it really that big of a deal, especially since you will probably get a little loving if you make any effort at all.

Beside if you're a crappy lover, you got bigger problems than showing a pulse on that one day.

The gifts that get the best reactions out of girls are sometimes the ones that don't cost a thing.

I personally hate diamonds because of all he blood shed for their retrieval. If and when I find mysignificant other I want him to get me engagement and wedding rings with my birthstone, Blue Zircon, in them instead of diamonds.

Good call, it ends up being more significant of you, and you rest easy knowing that people didn't die for your overpriced carbon.

i never understood the whole "let's go out for a fancy dinner" thing.

i just can't see paying $200 for a decent meal and an overpriced bottle of wine. call me cheap, but still.

Naw man, your not cheap... I swear the concept of cheap was made up by these marketing devils.

Unless you figure it'll be a total disaster, I suggest going out of your way to make a meal from scratch, and follow it up with a chocolate fondue for dessert. Girls I've know have loved it.

Here is a thing my friend did, made some origami thing for his girlfriend, took some skill, time and effort, but didn't cost a thing. Its the gesture that showed he cared, and apparently his girlfriend said it was the most thoughtful gift she'd ever gotten.

Valentine's Day is sort of special to my wife and I because our first real date was on Valentine's Day. We usually sit and listen to music by the fireplace with a nice bottle of wine following a good dinner and feed each other a little dark chocolate while cuddling.
jag

God, I hate that word lol

I think someone did a Hype Dating Service. Actually I remember a female poster was set up with a friend of another poster.

However, I'm going to be too busy with Survivor that I can't put any time in helping you with the ladies. :(

My boyfriend and I never do anything for v day.

Yeah, it's a goofy word but it's better than the word "spooning". :whatever:

jag

Spooning often leads to cheek bustin' :up:. Cuddling is what you do afterwards...or should I say "what she wants to do afterwards".

I think someone did a Hype Dating Service. Actually I remember a female poster was set up with a friend of another poster.

However, I'm going to be too busy with Survivor that I can't put any time in helping you with the ladies. :(

Ah, I must of not been around then, that would of been fun.

It's been in my sig for like a week. :huh:

Anyway, yeah sign ups ended today.

1. I am not in the habit of checking titles
2. Queen, these days, does equate to women 100% of the time.
3. Happy Hunting.

2. Well, I'm sorry but at 35 I'm a little old fashioned.

And this is just a suggestion, but before you assume someone else's gender, you might want to ask them about it first.

Spooning often leads to cheek bustin' :up:. Cuddling is what you do afterwards...or should I say "what she wants to do afterwards".

Now you're just arguing semantics, son! The important part is everyone gets their nut! :up:

jag

I'm going to spend Valentine's Day playing GTA and ******* excessively. Not at the same time of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"