Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

I'm really glad this film did well. It's no masterpiece sure, but it was what it needed to be: fun and engaging.

I saw the movie today and I have a question:
what is the significance of the cop's eyes turning blue in the church scene ?

I watched this yesterday and it was not only one of the worst CBM's I've ever seen, but one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Abysmal CGI, editing and some of the worst acting I've ever seen (the weakest roles I've ever seen Hardy and Harrelson in). It was unintentionally funny in all the worst possible ways. Me and my partner found ourselves laughing on how bad it was and needed to open up a beer in order to get through the end.

Carnage looks like a PS3 cut scene, there is a constant muddy and blur-ish colour grading, Venom is in it for like 10 mins and there are only two action set pieces in the whole film.

This makes the first Venom look like Citizen Kane in comparison. At least that had some funny bits and Hardy was having fun with it.. This was devoid of any personality and Hardy and everyone were hamming it in big time. How Serkis agreed to direct such piece of sh*t is beyond me.

Shang-Chi and this... thing don't deserve to be in the same sentence :funny:

Agree, Let There Be Carnage is refreshing self aware camp, and Shang Chi is just another marvel movie with cgi fest battle and boring/annoying side characters who doesn't add anything to the story, if Shang Chi was only about Shang, his sister and father than sure, this could be something special, but.. In the end it's just another marvel flick. The same humor, the same editing, the same beat, nothing new here.

I never thought that I'd have high praise for Sony after they bungled the ending of two Spider-man franchises, including the gutting of Venom, but here we are. The studio managed to capitalize on the mass appeal of Venom twice. Major props to them.

Sony’s Venom: Let There Be Carnage earned $2.77 million (29%) in weekend eight, bringing its domestic cume to $206.47 million and its global cume to $455 million on a mere $110 million budget. It has passed the unadjusted domestic grosses of Thor: The Dark World ($206 million), Bad Boys for Life ($204 million) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202 million). It should end with just over/under Venom’s $213.5 million domestic gross and around $500 million worldwide unless it snags a last-minute Chinese release date. That is a remarkable accomplishment with or without a Covid curve. Sony is doing at least as much as Disney to keep theatrical alive

Box Office: ‘Eternals’ Nears ‘Dune’ As ‘Venom’ Passes ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’

Watched this movie last night. It just wasn’t for me. It was incredibly boring. I didn’t find any of the comedic scenes funny at all. I really wanted to like it and enjoy it like the first one, but it really missed the mark. The post credit scene is the only saving grace for me.

Overall…4/10

Watched this and it was....terrible. At times it was so bad that it was funny bad but mostly it was just bad. Maybe one decent moment ("**** that guy!"), but ..ugh. Better than the first but mostly because it was shorter. Post-credit scene was probably the best part. Carnage and Shriek were jobbed. Shang-Chi and Eternals were sooooo much better than this. This is just a waste of source material.

15 days away. I'm going to be outside Target before the store opens awaiting the Blu-ray. This is one that I can't wait to watch repeatedly.

I finally saw this in theaters and this is the first 2021 Marvel movie I didn't like that. I absolutely didn't enjoy the never ending banter between Eddie and Venom. Anne felt shoehorned. The villains.... Carnage only looked cool. Shriek could have been utilized better. Both are 1 dimensional villains. The detective is uninteresting. I don't know whats worse this or the New Mutants. The story just feels filler adventure to me and the movie is short. The mid credits scene, good luck with that Sony.

Almost time for that Blu-ray. See you at 8am on Tuesday, Target.
:D:wowe:

8 hours away.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah looking forward to seeing this one again, I love how Serkis just embraced the comic book sillyness of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"