Venom now has a stand alone film, according to the studio.

Venom is currently on pace to beat Justice League, actually.
Eh i dont know about that. $658 mil isnt easy to beat. It will depend on China.

Seems to me the final gross will be $625-650 mil. But maybe im wrong.

Eh i dont know about that. $658 mil isnt easy to beat. It will depend on China.

Seems to me the final gross will be $625-650 mil. But maybe im wrong.

If it continues at it's current drop rate and does as expected in China, it is on pace to potentially beat JL. You're correct that it depends on China, but based on the current tracking (which Venom to this point has been exceeding tracking expectations), it is on pace to.

Another safe bet: China is going to eat this movie up. It'll definitely exceed expectations.

The numbers are looking very good now. Wonder where it will finish.

The numbers are looking very good now. Wonder where it will finish.

~ $650 mil WW.

Between Deadpool 2 ($734,2 mil) and AntMan & the Wasp ($622,4 mil).

Taking the n7 spot for 2018 from AntMan.

~ $650 mil WW.

Between Deadpool 2 ($734,2 mil) and AntMan & the Wasp ($622,4 mil).

Taking the n7 spot for 2018 from AntMan.
Impressive stuff :up:

And here i was hoping that after transformers and jl flopped last years audiences had started rejecting bad movies and sending a message.

I was way too optimistic. No matter will put zero effort to their boneheaded franchises. Not that quality was arads primary concern.

All of.you who saw the movie emboldened one of hollywoods oldest relics, a man whose goal is toys and marketability to resurface and touch marvel properties again. Arad, perlmutter, rothman, tolmach all of them should have faded into oblivion and you gave him a second chance.

This is all on you. All of you who saw this. At least i payed for a different movie when i saw it.

And here i was hoping that after transformers and jl flopped last years audiences had started rejecting bad movies and sending a message.

I was way too optimistic. No matter will put zero effort to their boneheaded franchises. Not that quality was arads primary concern.

All of.you who saw the movie emboldened one of hollywoods oldest relics, a man whose goal is toys and marketability to resurface and touch marvel properties again. Arad, perlmutter, rothman, tolmach all of them should have faded into oblivion and you gave him a second chance.

This is all on you. All of you who saw this. At least i payed for a different movie when i saw it.

Yeah, you are so much better than us.
Forgive us simpletons.

Disclaimer: I'm joking, I loved the movie and can't wait for more in the same vein.

It existing does not detract from your enjoyment of what you like but increases the entertainment for people with tastes different than yours.

If you have a problem with that, you are missing the point of entertainment altogether.

Last edited:

Get off your high horse

Yeah this doesn’t appear to be a JL/Transformers situation where people walk away largely indifferent from a forgettable movie. A lot of people seem to really dig Venom, warts and all. And that's totally cool. I have no interest in seeing it any time soon and I have many issues with Sony's treatment of Spider-man, but I'm not going to tell people they're wrong for supporting it.

Last edited:
Get your head out of the sand. When they butcher last hunt lets see if you will be so judgemental.

How am I the one who is judgmental when you're saying anyone who paid to see this movie is dumb? How am I being the one who is judgmental when I actually walk into things with an open mind and think for myself? Conversely, all you do is insult people who like this movie, and in your above post, anyone who saw it. You're the judgmental one here, amigo.

Stop being so butt hurt this movie you hated succeeded.

BaronZemo is right to some extent, though. If Spider-Man gets pulled from the MCU we will know in whom the fault falls.

BaronZemo is right to some extent, though. If Spider-Man gets pulled from the MCU we will know in whom the fault falls.
Sony.
Just Sony, not the audience who enjoyed a fun movie.

Sony.
Just Sony, not the audience who enjoyed a fun movie.
That's incredibly naive to say.

In case Sony pulls Spider-Man from the MCU, people giving money to Sony and helping them being successful will be the cause of that, they alone and nobody else.

That's incredibly naive to say.

In case Sony pulls Spider-Man from the MCU, people giving money to Sony and helping them being successful will be the cause of that, they alone and nobody else.

If they pull Spider-Man, it won't be because Venom made money. Venom is doing fine, but he is not making Spider-Man money. Far From Home may potentially be Spider-Man's 1st billion dollar film. That will be potentially 400 mil more than what Venom will make. So, that notion I do think is naive. Math simply doesn't support it. If they pull Spider-Man out, then more than likely they always intended to do so.

If they pull Spider-Man, it won't be because Venom made money. Venom is doing fine, but he is not making Spider-Man money. Far From Home may potentially be Spider-Man's 1st billion dollar film. That will be potentially 400 mil more than what Venom will make. So, that notion I do think is naive. Math simply doesn't support it. If they pull Spider-Man out, then more than likely they always intended to do so.
Your theory has as many assumptions as mine. Let's leave it at that.

Your theory has as many assumptions as mine. Let's leave it at that.
You do not try to preemptively scapegoat other users and moviegoers. Let's leave it at that.

You do not try to preemptively scapegoat other users and moviegoers. Let's leave it at that.
Was stating the fact that people that watch Venom are giving money and supporting Sony, which might lead to Spider-Man being pulled from the MCU. Yeah, if that happens money may not be the only possible reason (if there's even any other reason), but if it's just after FFH releases then I'll know that's the most probable one. That would mean that the people that gave money to Sony are the cause.

There's a lot of ifs in this, so we'll have to wait until things look more certain. The only certain thing now is that Venom watchers are putting Sony in a possition of strength, want it or not.

Was stating the fact that people that watch Venom are giving money and supporting Sony, which might lead to Spider-Man being pulled from the MCU. Yeah, if that happens money may not be the only possible reason (if there's even any other reason), but if it's just after FFH releases then I'll know that's the most probable one. That would mean that the people that gave money to Sony are the cause.

There's a lot of ifs in this, so we'll have to wait until things look more certain. The only certain thing now is that Venom watchers are putting Sony in a possition of strength, want it or not.

Then you should count everyone who did buy a ticket or dvd or copy of any Sony Pictures product: had everyone boycotted Sony, they would have to outright sell the rights to cover their debt.
If you do not see how that is preposterous, I can't even.

Venom was a fun movie, audiences deservedly rewarded it. It is just that simple.

I dread the idea of Spidey being yanked from the MCU, but still I do not delude myself that I have really a say on it.

Then you should count everyone who did buy a ticket or dvd or copy of any Sony Pictures product: had everyone boycotted Sony, they would have to outright sell the rights to cover their debt.
If you do not see how that is preposterous, I can't even.
Missed the point... We're talking about Spider-Man and Venom here, everything else is completely unrelated. Sony wanted to test the waters in creating their own universe, Venom proved to be successful and now they have a stronger position for negotiation against Disney for the future of Spider-Man. Had Venom bombed, Sony wouldn't even had consider it and Disney could have'd higher chances of getting the rights back.

See? Jumanji or any other Sony property has nothing to do with this.

Missed the point... We're talking about Spider-Man and Venom here, everything else is completely unrelated. Sony wanted to test the waters in creating their own universe, Venom proved to be successful and now they have a stronger position for negotiation against Disney for the future of Spider-Man. Had Venom bombed, Sony wouldn't even had consider it and Disney could have'd higher chances of getting the rights back.

See? Jumanji or any other Sony property has nothing to do with this.

You are almost there, just the last stretch left...
Totally made my point: Sony made a fun movie, Sony makes money, Sony makes their own decisions for the future.
Any future development is on Sony, who are "guilty" of getting Venom right.

Besides, here on this forum you are talking to more or less only hardcore fans, it is not us who make or break a movie, it's the general audience, who definitely never even could have considered to correlate not seeing Venom to getting more MCU Spidey.

If the whole Sony Pictures is not in danger of going under, they will never separate from their most valuable asset, Spidey's movie rights.
Are you going to boycott Into the Spiderverse?

Finally seeing what is wrong in your assessment?

Totally made my point: Sony made a fun movie, Sony makes money, Sony makes their own decisions for the future.
Any future development is on Sony, who are "guilty" of getting Venom right.
And? That was your point? How does that contradict in any way what I've been saying? Besides, the part of Venom being fun or Sony getting right is completely dogmatic.

Besides, here on this forum you are talking to more or less only hardcore fans, it is not us who make or break a movie, it's the general audience, who definitely never even could have considered to correlate not seeing Venom to getting more MCU Spidey.
Did I ever call specific people here in the forum? Not that I recall.

If the whole Sony Pictures is not in danger of going under, they will never separate from their most valuable asset, Spidey's movie rights.
Looks like you still don't get it. There are times when a company has an asset that doesn't bring them revenue, in that case what would be the best course of action? Letting it doing nothing like dead weight? Or sell it to get money you wouldn't have gotten otherwise? That's what I meant when I hypothetically talked about if Venom had bombed.

Are you going to boycott Into the Spiderverse?
I don't know yet. I'll probably watch it but only a month after its premiere, that way Sony doesn't get immediate revenue.

Finally seeing what is wrong in your assessment?
Facts and chances cannot be wrong, though. That's like telling to people saying that the sky is blue that 'they're wrong', or like telling the weather people saying there's 14% chance of rain that 'they're wrong'. People that watch Venom are helping are giving money and helping Sony, that's a fact. And there's a chance of Spider-Man being pulled from the MCU, which will always be there unless you provide evidence that definitely says that will not happen.

I know everyone likes to think Venom bombing would have led to Sony selling Spider-Man off. It wouldn't have. Even if Venom tanked Spider-Man himself is a potential billion dollar property, and one of the few they have. They wouldn't just sell that off. They will only sell off Spider-Man more than likely whenever the entire film division is likely to go under, because that means they're in a desperate state. Venom was an opportunity to launch a new asset, but it was not the only card Sony has. They still have Spider-Man and Jumanji.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"