Veronica Mars

Ostroff I believe is The CW president. But whatever shows that have replaced VM haven't surpassed in the ratings. Apparently Les Moonves (head of CBS) was the one who made the final decision if The CW (CBS owns half of CW) would renew Mars in its FBI years.

I picked up the first two seasons back in November for $15 each during a one day trip to the States. Never got to see the second or third season in Canada, looking forward to rewatch the 1st season and seeing some episodes I never caught.

eh, one out of 3 ain't bad.:o

I blame the people responsible for promoting the show. It was not a light comedy about some college girl.:down

The CW's marketing department is a joke. They pump so much money into their reality garbage and Gossip Girl, while they're best shows (like Supernatural) and their highest rated drama (Smallville) get absolutely no love on the network.

Question: Any chance that while his TV pencil is down, Rob Thomas has picked up his comic-book pencil? Please tell me Veronica Mars Issue 1 has been written. I need to feel like there is some faintly silverish, if translucent, lining to this dark, Snappleless cloud that is the WGA strike. — Dan

Ausiello: I forwarded your Q to Rob and here's his faintly silverish-lined response: "I had a second meeting with DC comics. I heard that the [WGA] didn't want [TV writers penning TV-based] comic books during the strike as it would promote a network property. We're investigating whether there are similar hurdles for a defunct TV series like Veronica Mars. Naturally, I won't be writing it if the Guild doesn't want me to, but we're hoping that's not the case."

Sounds unlikely... the WGA situation is so sensitive, they're not going to be all cheery about anything... and them not being 100% enthusiastically supportive is enough to sway any writer to just wait it out.

Nobody wants to be blacklisted.

Hope the comic book does eventually happen. Is Joss Whedon still writing the Buffy comic books?

Finished the first 3 discs of the first season. Maybe 1/3 I didn't originally see, love the show more and its great watching and knowing who the killer is.

Hope the comic book does eventually happen. Is Joss Whedon still writing the Buffy comic books?

Finished the first 3 discs of the first season. Maybe 1/3 I didn't originally see, love the show more and its great watching and knowing who the killer is.

He's "executive producer" on the comics.

So far I think season 3 is better than season 2. IMO.

Wow, Emma Watson's lover is rolling his eyes at me.

Just finished the first season.

.....F***in' loved it. :heart:

How could you not?:o

Season 2 doesn't pack as much punch, I feel, but still good stuff there.:)

Season 2 doesn't pack as much punch, I feel, but still good stuff there.:)

Hmm. Interesting.

But yeah. It was one of those shows that started out well enough, but just got better and better and better and better and.....yeah.

I've watched the first 11 episodes of the second season (10 episodes during Friday night, early Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon) and loved it. See how the second half goes.

I'm currently watching Season 2 from a DVD Rip site, and enjoying it. I'll probably still pick up the DVDs for both it and Season 3 at a later date.

Aww, I miss VM. I just wish that season three lived up to the first two. Although S3 did give us some great moments, for instance...

Logan getting arrested on purpose, so he could get locked up with the rapists.
Logan beating the crap outta the guy who was messing with Veronica, even after being told that the guy was connected and that "whoever you are, you're gonna die," and badassedly responding with "yeah, someday."

Lets face it, Logan was just a badass. :up:

I just finished Season 2, and literally just finished the season finale.

...... *mind blown*

I just finished Season 2, and literally just finished the season finale.

...... *mind blown*

I think he got off way too easy. Someone like that should've seen jail time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"