Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Thanos was practical makeup, wasn't he? Interesting... hmm...
Oh, and you're so right about RR. Is Deep Roy actually short enough for RR? Or will they make RR a mite taller? Regardless, yeah, probably not Vin doing taht part.

and I don't read Strange either... but I just assumed Strange being a good character and his other archfoe Dormammu being so one-note that Mordo would be a bit more textured or at least aristocratic.

I don't know about Vision as a practical effect. I think an unnatural skinniness would serve him better than what can come off as simple spandex or worse - powers armor. I'd envision an MCU Vision being more like Sonny from I, Robot than the Cybermen from Dr. Who.

Mordo has a very interesting backstory, one that requires that emotional vulnerability I have written of.

Baron Karl Mordo was born to Nicolei Mordo, Viscount/Baron in Romania. Mordo's father has aspirations of grandeur and magic and "sold" young Karl Mordo, his son, to his Uncle. His Uncle used Mordo is dark arts ceremonies, eventually readying the boy for a sacrifice. Mordo's entire backstory is one of betrayal, abuse and dysfunction, so he is not a classic "villain" in that his motivation comes from desiring acceptance, almost from a father figure.

He has a proclivity to bad deeds to power grab, akin to a concentration camp surviver hoarding food, never knowing when the next morsel will come along (in this case, Mordo's need for power). Mordo's relationship with The Ancient One is strained, as Mordo grows his skills and gets jealous of any attention paid to other students, i.e. Strange, by The Ancient One.

Because Mordo has so many levels and such a fantastic backstory, the casting requires someone like Javier Bardem who not only has the looks, but the needed skills to give the subtext and layers to the character (just look at his work in Skyfall. Silva was evil, but Bardem successfully brought the emotional gravitas to make Silva three-dimensional; not an easy feat for an archtype Bond villain).

I think he's def being offered the part for Thanos in that meeting he's having. Picture Iron Giant voice but angry. His Riddick voice to. Do a mocap/cgi creation with Vin's voice and you can have a great Thanos.

well it's not going to be Doom, since that's Fox territory. We'll see whatever else there can be, if it's a villain that is capable of supporting his own spinoff, or an in-between character like Namor...

Not trying to pee in anyone's cornflakes, but I have to say that casting Diesel in anything Marvel may just be Marvel Studios first major misstep.

I am not hating, just being honest. He is no serious thespian, he is just a personality. He is extremely limited in his acting and he just does not have a screen-presence that is inspiring, regardless of the kitsch factor the marquee may have with his name on the posters.

Marvel has done so well in casting up and comers or those ready to escape the past (RDJ) and I would hate to see them start going with safety roles and faces.

Thanos was practical makeup, wasn't he? Interesting... hmm...
Oh, and you're so right about RR. Is Deep Roy actually short enough for RR? Or will they make RR a mite taller? Regardless, yeah, probably not Vin doing taht part.

and I don't read Strange either... but I just assumed Strange being a good character and his other archfoe Dormammu being so one-note that Mordo would be a bit more textured or at least aristocratic.

I don't know about Vision as a practical effect. I think an unnatural skinniness would serve him better than what can come off as simple spandex or worse - powers armor. I'd envision an MCU Vision being more like Sonny from I, Robot than the Cybermen from Dr. Who.

If it's skinny you want, then why not turn to Doug Jones. He worked great in the Surfer make-up, and that bulked him up a few inches. Little to no padding, plus a nice silicone facial appliance for a plastic like skin - and there you are...

I think he's def being offered the part for Thanos in that meeting he's having. Picture Iron Giant voice but angry. His Riddick voice to. Do a mocap/cgi creation with Vin's voice and you can have a great Thanos.

Why not just stick with the same make-up guys who did Thanos in the Avengers? Is there any real reason to switch techniques now that the make-up look has been established?

Why not just stick with the same make-up guys who did Thanos in the Avengers? Is there any real reason to switch techniques now that the make-up look has been established?

My thoughts are that a mocap Thanos offers a more versatile performance from whomever is cast. After getting into the mocap suit and putting some magic marker points of reference on the actor's face you're good to roll camera. The time and effort to get them into the makeup, breaks to rest from overheating or going to the bathroom, ect. eat into the schedule. Time is money as they say. Plus if Thanos goes mano y mano with Thor/Hulk, whomever, it's going to be a CGI laden brawl anyway. So might as well do as much in post.

No on makeup. I think of Hellboy and Thing when you say makeup. And that sounds terrible. And tbh, it was exciting to see Thanos and everything but if u go back and look at it, esspicially in pics, Thanos face doesnt look to good with the makeup thing.

No on makeup. I think of Hellboy and Thing when you say makeup. And that sounds terrible. And tbh, it was exciting to see Thanos and everything but if u go back and look at it, esspicially in pics, Thanos face doesnt look to good with the makeup thing.

Thanos' face looks amazing as a make-up - not sure what you were looking at.

Hellboy proves that make-up does work for these characters, and the Thing could have looked better if Fox had let them do a bigger brow, smaller nose, and maybe a little digital tweaks on the mouth, etc.

Since Thor2 and Cap2 are in production, Guardians would be then next Marvel movie Vin could be in - maybe he's meeting for Ronan, if not Thanos.

The Thing could work too, but why would he be meeting at Marvel for a Fox film? Same goes for Doom.

Thanos' face looks amazing as a make-up - not sure what you were looking at.

Hellboy proves that make-up does work for these characters, and the Thing could have looked better if Fox had let them do a bigger brow, smaller nose, and maybe a little digital tweaks on the mouth, etc.

Well I just disagree. Thing looked terrible plain and simple. One of the main reasons I couldn't get into Helboy was his look. Just looked like a cheap costume. And they could make Thanos look way better than he did at the end of the Avengers. Esspicially if they do something like Hulk/Avatar. I wouldnt mind make up with Mocap but just make up like hellboy/thing will not work imo.

Well I just disagree. Thing looked terrible plain and simple. One of the main reasons I couldn't get into Helboy was his look. Just looked like a cheap costume. And they could make Thanos look way better than he did at the end of the Avengers. Esspicially if they do something like Hulk/Avatar. I wouldnt mind make up with Mocap but just make up like hellboy/thing will not work imo.

Well, I'll disagree with your disagree. the thing looked fine and Hellboy looked fantastic. Now for the Hulk, the CGI worked much much better than live action. It really depends on the character.

Well, I'll disagree with your disagree. the thing looked fine and Hellboy looked fantastic. Now for the Hulk, the CGI worked much much better than live action. It really depends on the character.

And I agree with your disagree!

Hellboy was an amazing make-up - anyway you look at it - and proves that more of these characters CAN be created this way if the correct artists are involved.

The Thing also worked fine, and any problems I might have with him are from artistic choices that Fox made and not "limitations" of the medium.

The only thing a digital Thanos gets Marvel is an extra couple of million in their budget.

i really don't want vin as Thanos, the iron giant voice? Thanos isn't a monster. He's a cool collected, genius. He shouldn't sound monstrous and scary in my opinion, he should sound deep cause of his size, and very intelligent, and articulate and clear

The Thing could work too, but why would he be meeting at Marvel for a Fox film? Same goes for Doom.

Eh, I don't trust even Hollywood fixtures like Vin Diesel to know the particulars of Marvel properties. Like a ton of general audiences, they just know that Spidey, the X-Men, FF, and Avengers are all Marvel characters, so they assume there's some sort of crossover there. (You know: the same ones who keep asking when Spidey and Wolverine are gonna show up in an Avengers sequel.)

Again if they go this route, there is zero reason to do full cgi/mo-cap:

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

The hulked out designs in the comics of the pre- and post- Annihilation Thanos were rather silly anyway. A reasonably proportioned design with an actual neck would work muuuch better in live action. They can use tried and true (and cheap!) techniques to make him bigger in proportion to the human characters. Maybe some cg touch-ups in post. Why even bother with mocap?

Again if they go this route, there is zero reason to do full cgi/mo-cap:

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

The hulked out designs in the comics of the pre- and post- Annihilation Thanos were rather silly anyway. A reasonably proportioned design with an actual neck would work muuuch better in live action. They can use tried and true (and cheap!) techniques to make him bigger in proportion to the human characters. Maybe some cg touch-ups in post. Why even bother with mocap?

Thing is I think this design with more mocap/cgi than makeup would be better. Sure you can have sone makeup/costume but ultimatly it will be like Avatar/Hulk. Thats just my opinion tho.

IMO Marvel missed the boat by not getting Diesal to play Drax, it was a no brainer to me, he has the look, the acting and action chops for it. Yet we dissapointingly got Bautista instead.

Seeing as thats not happening, I do think Diesal could do a good job with Ronan, as he is a character who doesnt do much emoting and kicks a lot of ass.

IMO Marvel missed the boat by not getting Diesal to play Drax, it was a no brainer to me, he has the look, the acting and action chops for it. Yet we dissapointingly got Bautista instead.

Seeing as thats not happening, I do think Diesal could do a good job with Ronan, as he is a character who doesnt do much emoting and kicks a lot of ass.

I agree with evrything you said. Not hiring Diesel for Drax was a big mistake.

But like it or not, Drax's role is a supporting one. He'll be remembered as "Star-Lord's sidekick." Not the kind of minor role that Vin Diesel signs up for.

Whatever role they're offering Vin, it's likely to be a lead. Whether lead hero or lead villain remains to be seen.

But like it or not, Drax's role is a supporting one. He'll be remembered as "Star-Lord's sidekick." Not the kind of minor role that Vin Diesel signs up for.

Whatever role they're offering Vin, it's likely to be a lead. Whether lead hero or lead villain remains to be seen.

Hes not a side character. They already said Star-Lord, Drax, and Gamora are gonna be the main focus of the team. Rocket is the heart and groot as his sidekick bassically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"