• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Walmart Crys about Bad Hoiliday Sales.

The end of 2006 in general had crap sales.

People hate Wal Mart because of the way it exploits its workers and keeps a very messy store. Target is nice and clean. Wal mart looks like some type of white trash nightmare.

J Alba's Lover said:
And that's who there trying to compete with and one of the reason they got rid of the layaway thing.

The reason Wal-Mart is discontinuing layaway is no one is using it.

Tangled Web said:
People hate Wal Mart because of the way it exploits its workers and keeps a very messy store. Target is nice and clean. Wal mart looks like some type of white trash nightmare.

Wal-Mart is essentially white trash central. People like to talk about the workers, but my god I've run into the stupidest and nastiest costumers I have ever seen while working there. Target is the better store really, you may pay a little more, but it's so peaceful and tidy in there.

Wolfwood said:
Wal-Mart is essentially white trash central. People like to talk about the workers, but my god I've run into the stupidest and nastiest costumers I have ever seen while working there. Target is the better store really, you may pay a little more, but it's so peaceful and tidy in there.
Seriously. Except for this one bad experience I had at Target. When I was younger I had to get a cart for my Mom. So I get the cart, and this big guy just steals it from me. He ****ing took it, I was so pissed.

Wolfwood said:

Not really. Yes while I worked at Wal-Mart I saw every bad example of white trash, but when I was offered something for applying for a Wal-Mart credit card, I got the gift offered. Not the case at Target. I had to be approved. I returned my purchase.

Target is nicer than Walmart but Walmart is cheap. Target isn't so cheap.

I went into Walmart before Christmas looking for Christmas cards. All they had were "Holiday" cards. Nothing with Merry Christmas, nothing with any hint of the birth of Christ. :csad: Needless to say I didn't buy my Christmas cards there.

Books for kids... nothing that looked worth buying

DVD's, over-priced.

Clothing... I don't buy clothing at Walmart. I bought socks for my 2 year old there and they're so thin they would be better used for making cheese. (They inserted one sock inside the other in the package to make them look thicker) :cmad:

hm... since when does doing an analysis of your year end sales mean the same thing as "crying"? they simply stated a fact: that their sales were less than expected.

i mean, i get that wal-mart puts small businesses out of well... business, but they're giving the consumer what they want for less. how is that bad?

there's a privately-owned gas station within walking distance to my house, and a walmart 10 miles away. i like the gas-station owner, and he's a friend of mine, but he charges $4.50 for a pack of cigarettes i can get for $2.75 at walmart. not cool.

ScottyBBadd said:
The reason Wal-Mart is discontinuing layaway is no one is using it.
LIES!~!!!!
i would say 95% of my friends that shop at WALMART used the layaway.

Working at Wal-Mart on the side, let me tell you just how happy I am to here that these mothertruckers are losing money. :)

I will shed a tear tonight.

That was a lie.

I went into Walmart before Christmas looking for Christmas cards. All they had were "Holiday" cards. Nothing with Merry Christmas, nothing with any hint of the birth of Christ. :csad: Needless to say I didn't buy my Christmas cards there.

-that must vary from store to store, because i saw plenty of cards like that at my local walmart.

DVD's, over-priced.

-as compared to where? actually walmart, the first few days a movie releases, has cheaper prices than just about anywhere i've ever seen.

Clothing... I don't buy clothing at Walmart. I bought socks for my 2 year old there and they're so thin they would be better used for making cheese. (They inserted one sock inside the other in the package to make them look thicker) :cmad:

-well, walmart doesn't make hanes or fruit of the loom last time i checked. they just sell them.

so... yeah.

I like walmart.

K-MART is the poor mans Walmart and sucks.

Target is okay.

But if I had a best buy near by...I'll go there to buy my dvd's and games and not Walmart/Target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"