Warriors Three Cast

Who was the genius who thought Volstagg needed to be "sexed up?"

:barf:

like the punisher in a fat suit!:o

So for all those people who thought that Stevenson looked too much like a Steven Seagal from the 90's clone in Warzone, Ray will now be outfitted to look like the present day "Pillsbury Dough Boy" Steven Seagal. :awesome:

not sexed up like to make him suave and super attractive.... I think me means just streamlined. Of the 3 he will obviously be the fat one but making him morbidly obese and completely round like in the comics would somewhat dimish his badassery in my opinion. I think if he plays Volstagg as a more refined Titus Pullo but with a belly and bigger muscles I'm all for that. I think Ray's Volstagg character will be a fun loving, big eater/drinker who loves the ladies but is loyal to a fault and becomes deadly serious and destructive with no warning, I can only guess that Branagh and crew watched Rome while eyeing Ray and hopefully will put shades of that character into Volstagg. I'm very much looking forward to this.

yea he will probably just have a gut but not a huge fat guy like the blob. Also he is probably going to have long hair and a beard.

not sexed up like to make him suave and super attractive.... I think me means just streamlined. Of the 3 he will obviously be the fat one but making him morbidly obese and completely round like in the comics would somewhat dimish his badassery in my opinion. I think if he plays Volstagg as a more refined Titus Pullo but with a belly and bigger muscles I'm all for that. I think Ray's Volstagg character will be a fun loving, big eater/drinker who loves the ladies but is loyal to a fault and becomes deadly serious and destructive with no warning, I can only guess that Branagh and crew watched Rome while eyeing Ray and hopefully will put shades of that character into Volstagg. I'm very much looking forward to this.
This.

It would probably be pretty much impossible to do any worthwhile action scenes with a guy as fat as Volstagg is in the comics. That may be why they're making him a bit less voluminous.

It would probably be pretty much impossible to do any worthwhile action scenes with a guy as fat as Volstagg is in the comics. That may be why they're making him a bit less voluminous.

Similar thoughts here. I love the approach they are taking.

I've really got to get my anticipation under control. This one can't come soon enough.

I love the Falstaff comparisons. That is exactly how I picture Volstagg.

Sounds good to me. Before Stevenson was even cast, I wanted Brendan Gleeson or Ray Winstone without any body modification, and I think this pretty much sounds like what those guys are like. Big, heavy set guys who still look like they could handle themselves athletically. Like Chiklis on The Shield.

Stuart Townsend has departed Marvel Comics' movie adaptation of "Thor" because of creative differences, according to sources close to the production.

Townsend had been cast as Fandral, an ally of Norse god Thor. He was replaced by Joshua Dallas, according to the two sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record.

The cast change came as production was about to begin. Shooting starts Monday on the movie directed by Kenneth Branagh.

Irish actor Townsend, 37, best known as the boyfriend of Academy Award winner Charlize Theron, starred in "Queen of the Damned." He had been cast as Aragorn in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy but was replaced at the last minute by Viggo Mortensen.

Dallas, an American actor who is a relative newcomer, appears in George Lucas' upcoming Tuskagee Airmen drama "Red Tails."

"Thor" stars Chris Hemsworth in the title role, a warrior cast down to Earth to live among mortals as punishment for his reckless actions, which rekindled an ancient war in the realm of Asgard. Thor's troubles continue after dark forces of Asgard are dispatched to invade Earth.

The movie co-stars Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Renee Russo and Tom Hiddleston. Kenneth Branagh is directing.

"Thor" had been scheduled for release May 20, 2011, but Marvel has just moved it up to May 6, 2011.
SOURCE

Townsend just can't get a break, can he? :hehe:

I wonder what these "creative differences" were.

Aint it Cool News says it was because he showed up 6 hours late to a screen test
Hey folks, Harry here... Just got dropped the rumor du jour... According to a source wishing to be known as Avatom Rothman, Stuart Townsend has been fired from THOR due to showing up 6 hours late for a screen test. If this does come to be true, this would be the second high profile fantasy role he's lost after having been announced as landing the part. The first being the role of ARAGORN, which the public reason for losing the role was that they decided "he was too young" for the role. We all know that Viggo replaced him as Aragorn, but who would you cast as Fandral to replace Stuart?

SOURCE

Damn...and that is why Stuart Townsend hasn't had his "big" Hollywood movie yet. And imagine how bad he felt when The Lord of the Rings films became modern classics. LXG tanked and now he lost his role in Thor. Haha, sucks for that guy.

Seems like par for the course for Townsend.

6 hours late? Thats not acceptable especially with a blowhard like Branagh. Thats too bad because I thought Townshend fit the role very well.

I've always liked Simon Baker for the role, more so than most other roles he is suggested for.

Damn...and that is why Stuart Townsend hasn't had his "big" Hollywood movie yet. And imagine how bad he felt when The Lord of the Rings films became modern classics. LXG tanked and now he lost his role in Thor. Haha, sucks for that guy.

He still gets to bang Charlize Theron. :woot:

Aint it Cool News says it was because he showed up 6 hours late to a screen test

SOURCE
This seems stupid on both parties. I have no idea why Stuart would be that late for a seemingly important meet-up, and at the same time it's weird the studio has these no-name replacements in hand just in case an actor messes up. Was it really worth all that trouble over 6 measly hours?

Agreed. But Who would you pick to replace him?
He has been replaced by Joshua Dallas. I guess Harry Knowles hadn't heard this before running the story about Townsend being fired

If Branagh was 10-15 years younger he could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"