Superman Returns Was it really THAT bad?

personally, I did think FF2 was better than SR... but only slightly better

FF1 was a piece of crap, but FF2 was great. Far better than SR,with a damn story, and with 100 million less production budget and more effects and action, and better effects and action.
SWEET MOTHER OF JEBUS ON A SANDWICH!!!:wow: :wow: :wow:

There was a story in FF2? :huh: :ninja:

personally, I did think FF2 was better than SR... but only slightly better

Sorry, but i think SR is leaps and bounds ahead of FF2, and i enjoyed FF2 for what it was, a cheap forgettable action flick.

SR was mediocre IMO but still leaps ahead of Rise of the Surfer if only because they re-used John William's brilliant Superman march.

FF1 was a piece of crap, but FF2 was great. Far better than SR,with a damn story, and with 100 million less production budget and more effects and action, and better effects and action.

LMAO!! I can't help but think it damn funny if someone think FF2 is that good. Compare to SR, FF2 is Marvel's Batman & Robin with how crappy the damn story is. You think SR is crap, but think FF2 has a better story (which it doesn't)? You crack me up there. :woot: :woot:

Honestly, you thought Dr. Doom was good in that one as well? It was nothing like Doom as we know if you hate Spacey's Luthor. Not to mention McMahon couldn't act worth a crap as Doom. And better effects? SR has quite good effects as much as FF2. I don't see many effects in SR that look fake.

And big deal about money. FF2 was a dud compare to SR. It couldn't even make $200 millions at the box office. Guess that mean SR is better when it accomplish that.

FF2 did need work, but at least it was completely original... no one can say the same for SR.

I don't see anything original about some of the plot in FF2. It was very much right from the comics: Doom stealing Surfer's power, the F4 power switch, etc. But I guess the original story in FF2 as you said is why FF2 suck King Kong's balls. Maybe it a good thing Singer didn't use anything original since it didn't work for that piece of turd FF2. ;)

LMAO!! I can't help but think it damn funny if someone think FF2 is that good. Compare to SR, FF2 is Marvel's Batman & Robin with how crappy the damn story is. You think SR is crap, but think FF2 has a better story (which it doesn't)? You crack me up there. :woot: :woot:

Honestly, you thought Dr. Doom was good in that one as well? It was nothing like Doom as we know if you hate Spacey's Luthor. Not to mention McMahon couldn't act worth a crap as Doom. And better effects? SR has quite good effects as much as FF2. I don't see many effects in SR that look fake.

And big deal about money. FF2 was a dud compare to SR. It couldn't even make $200 millions at the box office. Guess that mean SR is better when it accomplish that.
LMAO. A guy who thought SR was good. At least FF2's characters interacted and were the stars of their own movie, and not relegated to glorified set pieces. And at least it had a Supervillian. At least it had an engaging story and no logic inconsistencies like NK effecting him by standing on it but he could lift it with real pieces of kryptonite sticking out a foot away from him. At least it had a danger where you could see that the world was in danger, and not just having it described on a map.

LMAO. A guy who thought SR was good. At least FF2's characters interacted and were the stars of their own movie, and not relegated to glorified set pieces. And at least it had a Supervillian. At least it had an engaging story and no logic inconsistencies like NK effecting him by standing on it but he could lift it with real pieces of kryptonite sticking out a foot away from him. At least it had a danger where you could see that the world was in danger, and not just having it described on a map.

I agree Rise of the Surfer had good supervillains and an engaging story. But the execution of said pieces was bloody horrible.

I agree Rise of the Surfer had good supervillains and an engaging story. But the execution of said pieces was bloody horrible.
It was far better than FF1, and it was a superhero movie. And the actors actually had chemistry. And you actually got a sense of threat. It could have been better, but still light years ahead of SR.

each film had it's batch of problems, but FF2 had more good going for it than negative...

also, as nightwing said, FF2 had more comic book influence in it. Besides Superman, did SR? of course not... it was a direct rip-off of STM, except darker and more depressing looking.

at least STM got the look right.

The whole bunch of 'at leasts' didn't make FF2 less of a crap.

Nice to copy me instead of original reply. But hey, it true many of SR stuff were better than FF2. Dr. Doom was more screw up than Luthor. McMahon can't hold up to Spacey's acting. And last I check, Supes was the star of his own movie too. And you can't see the world was in danger with SR? Guess Metropolis in danger one time with NK growing wasn't enough for you. ;)

And Lex isn't a supervillian? How so? Oh, because he has no superpower, that mean he isn't a supervillian? He actually is a supervillian. Look it up on what supervillian mean. Luthor fit there.

True, FF2 has more of a comic book feel & that why it suck ass. And it was a dud. Beside, that was a terrible idea to have Stan Lee be himself & not Willy again. Why use the real life creator appear as himself in the movie? A big part of why FF2 suck. And big deal they're making the sequel to it, since Hulk was a dud too & they're making a new one.

One last thing. How come some of you guys don't hate the F4 suit? It was no difference than Supes in SR. Let see: the FF suit is darker, no white gloves/boots, the "4" logo is more smaller than Supes & it on the left upper breast, etc unlike the comic books. So much for whining about SR suit, but no complaining about the FF suit which isn't any difference. :D :D

I can't believe there are people still *****ing about the suit......At least there weren't any friggin nipples.

just because it doesn't have nipples doesn't excuse the rest of the crap that is had on it...

millions of :super:s are just as bad as nipples

just because it doesn't have nipples doesn't excuse the rest of the crap that is had on it...

millions of :super:s are just as bad as nipples
That were hardly noticeable.....:cwink: :ninja:

so were the bat nipples, but that doesn't excuse it from being scrutinized...

so were the bat nipples, but that doesn't excuse it from being scrutinized...
The Bat-nipples were FAR more noticeable than the millions of tiny :super:'s.

I disagree... I can think of one that was just as in your face as those bat nipples...

I'll give you a hint: it was on the belt.

What was wrong with the belt buckle being an :super:? :huh:

it's just like the nipples on the bat suit... it's completely random, and has no purpose being there.

I can understand many hate the "S" on the belt, but the nipples on the Batsuit is more unforgiveable & disgusting. If I were given a choose between the 2, I go with the "S" belt since it part of the costume like the "S" shield. Nipples were never part of Batman's suit.

I'm sorry, but in so far as ridiculousness is concerned, there's no comparison between bat nipples and an extra "S" on Superman's belt.

as far as I'm concerned, both are ridiculous an unneeded... same thing goes for :super: Man

D-Generation X said:
What was wrong with the belt buckle being an :super:? :huh:
Nothing, if you don't mind your male superhero having a female Gucci belt design

prodImage.ms

Amoungst the other feminine things Singer added to it, like womens cut panties. After all these years I still cant believe we have to argue with a few people over the obvious feminization that Singer did to that stupid SR suit that failed miserably. I mean, since it has been goofed on all over the web since it first came out, I just think we would be done having to argue over this craptastical suit with the minority who like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"