Superman Returns Was it really THAT bad?

I can understand many hate the "S" on the belt, but the nipples on the Batsuit is more unforgiveable & disgusting. If I were given a choose between the 2, I go with the "S" belt since it part of the costume like the "S" shield. Nipples were never part of Batman's suit.

And why is that?

To play devil's advocate, Schumacher has given a reason for the bat-nipples. Singer has given absolutely no reason as to why he added an "S" on the belt of the suit. So wouldn't that make Bryan's change more unnecessary and nonsensical.

What was wrong with the belt buckle being an :super:? :huh:

Nothing. Batman has used it also.

Nothing, if you don't mind your male superhero having a female Gucci belt design

Which is nowhere in the movie. Superman used a Superman symbol. You're wrong on this.

Amoungst the other feminine things Singer added to it, like womens cut panties. After all these years I still cant believe we have to argue with a few people over the obvious feminization that Singer did to that stupid SR suit that failed miserably. I mean, since it has been goofed on all over the web since it first came out, I just think we would be done having to argue over this craptastical suit with the minority who like it.

Lol, the feminine aspoects such as panties - that you mention - and red trunks - that I add - comes right from the comics.

And why is that?

To play devil's advocate, Schumacher has given a reason for the bat-nipples. Singer has given absolutely no reason as to why he added an "S" on the belt of the suit. So wouldn't that make Bryan's change more unnecessary and nonsensical.

Red trunks have no reason to be there. Unnecessary too.

wrong... the red trunks have been a part of the traditional design ever since Superman was created.

the belt, however, has NEVER had a symbol on the belt. You look at every single pic of Superman in the classic suit in mainstream comics, and you will not find a single picture of Superman that has a full blown symbol on the belt.

that is the truth.

Red trunks have no reason to be there. Unnecessary too.

As the last line read, So wouldn't that make Bryan's change more unnecessary and nonsensical.

Red trunks is not a change in anyway, it's something Superman has always had. It's usually better to have a reason if you're going to change or add to what is already just fine.

wrong... the red trunks have been a part of the traditional design ever since Superman was created.

the belt, however, has NEVER had a symbol on the belt. You look at every single pic of Superman in the classic suit in mainstream comics, and you will not find a single picture of Superman that has a full blown symbol on the belt.

that is the truth.
The red trunks are a part of Superman's Classic costume and need to be there. But the maroon womens panty cut trunks, which Singer changed from the regular style red trunks that Superman has worn since 1941, were not a part of the costume. He made the trunks into women's panty cut. That is what I take offense at. And that low cut did nothing but make Routh's stomach look terrible, especially in flying shots where it made him look like a beer gut. And you can see in the countless manips when people have just moved the top of the shots to how it is in the comics, the stomach problem is gone.

Nothing, if you don't mind your male superhero having a female Gucci belt design

prodImage.ms

Amoungst the other feminine things Singer added to it, like womens cut panties. After all these years I still cant believe we have to argue with a few people over the obvious feminization that Singer did to that stupid SR suit that failed miserably. I mean, since it has been goofed on all over the web since it first came out, I just think we would be done having to argue over this craptastical suit with the minority who like it.
I don't see much similarities between this:

prodImage.ms

and this:

s_belt.gif

:huh: :o

that is the truth.

Wrong:

thefirstsbuckle5is.jpg

Classic 1940's illustration.

And in any case, being there is not a reason for the trunks to make sense. Which is my point.

So, let's find a single comic before 1989 where Batman had an all black armoured costume. And now, not even Nolan can get away from that concept. Traditional Bat-suit was changed because the new concept made more sense than the original one.

As the last line read, So wouldn't that make Bryan's change more unnecessary and nonsensical.

Red trunks is not a change in anyway, it's something Superman has always had. It's usually better to have a reason if you're going to change or add to what is already just fine.

Both Schumacher and Singer had the very same reason for the changes in the suits: they thought it looked better with them. The difference is while the S buckle looks cool the nipples look gay. :) So it's not more unnecessary and nonsensical.

you still proved me right, payaso... there has NEVER been a SUPERMAN SYMBOL on the classic suit before Singer... there's an enormous difference between a color-inverted Superman symbol and a simple "S"

If Singer had used a simple "S", I wouldn't have such a problem with it... but no, he had to use a symbol.

If Singer had used a simple "S", I wouldn't have such a problem with it... but no, he had to use a symbol.
If he used a simple S with the SR suit, it would look rather ridiculous IMO :o

D-Generation X said:
I don't see much similarities between this:

prodImage.ms

and this:

s_belt.gif

:huh: :o
then you must be blind. Both buckles feature the logo logo representing them. Both have the belt seen through the logo. Hell that belt isnt even a belt. It is held on with Velcro to the pants.

And I still can't believe you guys are arguing about a suit that, except for a small section of the Superman fans, failed miserably. It was goofed on in FHM for its feminine leanings. There were reports of people going into stores and seeing it on the display stands for merchandise advertising and being called the banned word. It was a failure and too far a departure from the classic suit no matter how you guys try to spin it.

I can understand people from Europe having a problem seeing what most people saw as it does have a lot of European emo crap leanings, but this is an American Superhero we are talking about here. Not some Emo crap one like Singer tried to turn him into. Representing American values. Hence the "Truth, Justice, and the American Way". And in America, we goof on Speedo's. Hell, they were banned on beaches in a few states because people wearing them had been beaten up. Here that? They had a ban on people wearing them to protect the wearer. They were never migrated into American culture as they are too close to Womens cut style for bathing suits and under garments. Even after being introduced more than 20 years ago, the man who wears them are still heavily goofed on. The only people that find them manly is the group that Singer is a part of. When a guy wears a speedo in an American movie, the usual point of having the male character wear it is for a laugh.

are you kidding me?... it would look so much better than having some stupid see through belt

The symbol's still there...you just recoloured it. :huh:

no, if you look carefully, the symbol is gone

then you must be blind. Both buckles feature the logo logo representing them. Both have the belt seen through the logo. Hell that belt isnt even a belt. It is held on with Velcro to the pants.

And I still can't believe you guys are arguing about a suit that, except for a small section of the Superman fans, failed miserably. It was goofed on in FHM for its feminine leanings. There were reports of people going into stores and seeing it on the display stands for merchandise advertising and being called the banned word. It was a failure and too far a departure from the classic suit no matter how you guys try to spin it.

I can understand people from Europe having a problem seeing what most people saw as it does have a lot of European emo crap leanings, but this is an American Superhero we are talking about here. Not some Emo crap one like Singer tried to turn him into. Representing American values. Hence the "Truth, Justice, and the American Way". And in America, we goof on Speedo's. Hell, they were banned on beaches in a few states because people wearing them had been beaten up. Here that? They had a ban on people wearing them to protect the wearer. They were never migrated into American culture as they are too close to Womens cut style for bathing suits and under garments. Even after being introduced more than 20 years ago, the man who wears them are still heavily goofed on. The only people that find them manly is the group that Singer is a part of. When a guy wears a speedo in an American movie, the usual point of having the male character wear it is for a laugh.
You are despicable.

just because it doesn't have nipples doesn't excuse the rest of the crap that is had on it...

millions of :super:s are just as bad as nipples

If Singer/The Production team didnt mention the thousands of tiny S's, i seriously doubt anyone would have noticed them.

You are despicable.
Yeah thanks Daffy. Heard it a million times from ya before. No pick your bill back up and put it back on your face.

And the fact is, call me what you want, but it is the truth. They had to bad men wearing speedos on many American beaches because they were getting beaten up. Sorry you have a problem with hearing the truth.

Yeah thanks Daffy. Heard it a million times from ya before. No pick your bill back up and put it back on your face.

And the fact is, call me what you want, but it is the truth. They had to bad men wearing speedos on many American beaches because they were getting beaten up. Sorry you have a problem with hearing the truth.

Beaten up ? Wow, so ignorance really is stronger than ever.

This thread is pretty tired looking to me and going in the direction of old threads long since dead like that bloody annoying suit thread.

Keep it to a dull roar in here guys.

Beaten up ? Wow, so ignorance really is stronger than ever.

This thread is pretty tired looking to me and going in the direction of old threads long since dead like that bloody annoying suit thread.

Keep it to a dull roar in here guys.
Yeah. Personally watched it happen on Waikiki, Ala Moana, and Pounders in the 80's, 90's. And CNN had a story back in 2003 about a New AJersey beach that had it banned on the beach for just that reason. It's guys wearing the lower half of girls cut swimsuits. What is so ignorant about that?

That's not what I was talking about, and if you can't see whats ridiculous about you then there is no point in me telling you.

Yeah. Personally watched it happen on Waikiki, Ala Moana, and Pounders in the 80's, 90's. And CNN had a story back in 2003 about a New AJersey beach that had it banned on the beach for just that reason. It's guys wearing the lower half of girls cut swimsuits. What is so ignorant about that?

You're kidding right ? It's ignorant to beat people up b/c they wear something that some neanderthals don't approve of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"