Superman Returns Way to much looks to have been cut from the movie!!!

Naite22

Superhero
Reaction score
:( :( :(

Honnestly, this is worth a thread!
I just found out that a lot from the Kent farm has been cut indeed, and it ****ing sucks! Even some say that it feels rushed until he gets to Metropolis! This is a bad move! They took their time in STM, which is what I loved (also in BB), and they dont do that in this film!

They stressed so much in the blogs how they build the Kent Farm from scratch, and than it's in there for like 5 freaken minutes!

Scenes, I KNOW that have been cut already!

1: Krypton scenes.
2: Young Clark discovering X-Ray.
3: Young Clark in the cellar, finding his spacecraft, and crystals!
4: Clark reading in the old newspapers, catching up on things (BLOWS!)
5: Ben Hubbard is cut.

Superman is seen in under half an hour, for the first time in the film, it's way to fast pazed God damn it! They dont build up the anticipation of seeing supes come back at all, it just all happens so fast!

So much seen in the teaser trailer, has been cut! And why the **** did they cut Clark looking at the old newspapers!??:( That scene (no matter how short it may have been) would've been so freaken cool. Remember when the pic came out, of Clark reading in the old papers in the barn, we all went nuts!? It was so cool! I could just emagine the first half hour was spend on the farm, where we saw Clark catching up on things, doing research on what's been going down while he was away, and now we dont see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The roof top sequence where supes says "I've read the article Lois" (Does the world need a savior!) would have made a HELL of a lot more sense, if we actually had seen Clark reading it in the barn, on the Kent Farm! If we had actually seen that look on his face when reading all of that (like we already saw in some blogs!), it would really have given us all a sense of things. It's so importened for the story. I'm sorry, but this sucks, right out loud, it really does. I'm so dissapointed!!!

NOW!!!
Who here, who's seen the film, are now gonna tell us all that we dont even get to see Clark getting rid of his spacecraft, standing there with a shuffle in his hand, in the field (like seen in the wallpaper!) If this is to cut, I'm gonna scream! I'm honnestly really really dissapointed! Why the rush, just as he returns to earth!! Everything that has been cut from the Kent farm, is everything that has been described in interviews to beeing the really beautiful scenes. you know, like Clark using a shuffle, and not using his powers in the begining, because that's his way of trying to fit in.
If we dont see how Clark gets rid of the spacecraft he returns in, it'll suck like nothing that has ever sucked before! They can't get around that. What, is he just gonna leave it there!?

I'm sorry if the language is to harsh, but I'm honnestly VERY sad about all this:( And I'll bet, that not many had thought about all of this written above, until I mentioned it.. so let the dissapointments begin, as people who's seen this flick tells us that practickly ALL from the Kent farm (all that was beautiful and made sense to the story) was cut from the final print!

Naite22 said:
:( :( :(

Honnestly, this is worth a thread!
I just found out that a lot from the Kent farm has been cut indeed, and it ****ing sucks! Even some say that it feels rushed until he gets to Metropolis! This is a bad move!

Overact much Nate?

Yes, a fair bit has been cut and rightly so. It dosent ruin the film it just takes away some of the back story. To have all those scenes in the final film would push another 40 to 50 minutes onto the running time.

The things that have been taken out have no real effect on the film. They dont explain anything that isnt explained elswhere.

That being said, I am glad the scenes will be on the DVD as I am looking forward to seeing them.

P.S - Not everything you mentioned has been cut from the final film.

ben hubbard is in it at the end.

But what about the scene where he's standing in the field next to his spaceship, holding that shuffle???? Routh talked a lot about that sequence in an interview, as we see that it's his way of trying to fit in, for Christ sakes... We, here on the boards had a huge thread about what he does with the spacecraft he returns in.. now those people wondering about that, just can't leave it behind, ones it's not explained in the film.
What happens to the huge spacecraft?? dont we even see how he gets rid of it, or does he just leave it there, for every one to see at one point in time.. Oh, I know, he says to Ma Kent "Mother, could you throw the spacecraft out, I dont have the time to do it my self, gotta got, see ya later"

Nate has just learned he's a person who should not seek out spoilers ever. :)

But am I truely the only one who's a little dissapointed over the fact that so much from the Kent farm has been cut??? It's really depressing me, I'm sorry, but that's how I feel... So much cool stuff has been cut from what I can gather, and that's so sad. ESPECIALLY the scene with Clark studying all of the old newspapers. How the hell can I be the only one feeling this way?

a simple YES or NO would do!
... Dont we even see supes in daytime, standing in the field next to his crashed spaceship, holding that shuffle??? and can you HONNESTLY say that that doesn't blow quite a bit?? and if you think not, then I freaken wanna hear a good reason why!

You may be...

I am one of the folks who wants to get to Superman Returning earlier rather than later.

Believe me, I want to see it on DVD, but in the movie.

:( It's already very long...almost two hours. How much longer does it need to be to satisfy you?

because everybody else realizes that the scenes are not erased from existance. They will probably be on the DVD with commentaries to boot. :)

Mentok said:
Overact much Nate?

P.S - Not everything you mentioned has been cut from the final film.

Then I would very much like to hear which scene that HASN'T been cut.. Name it??

LadyVader said:
because everybody else realizes that the scenes are not erased from existance. They will probably be on the DVD with commentaries to boot. :)
Fair enough, but that's just not good enough.. many things was too importened to have in the film, and then they just cut it out... sucks..

charl_huntress said:
You may be...

:( It's already very long...almost two hours. How much longer does it need to be to satisfy you?
I'm sorry, did you say 2 hours??! as in T-W-O hours!!? The movie is 2:33 hours long my friend.

Clark using a shovel!? To bury his alien space craft!?

I don't usually use this but if ever there was a situation that demanded it...

LMAO!

^I aint saying that he burries the spaceship with a shuffle LOL... To be honnest, I had no I dea why he was holding it to begin with.... I just know that it was debated very much, and now they've cut it out:(

LadyVader said:
Clark using a shuffle!? To bury his alien space craft!?

I don't usually use this but if ever there was a situation that demanded it...

LMAO!

Hey, will there be flashbacks of Clark in childhood? Are they cut?

And how long was plane sequence?

^there is a flashback of young Clark learning how to fly, but much of what else happens in that sequence is also cut!!! If it was up to me, that Stephen Bender scene should've been cut! It's not rellevant for the story to see young Clark jump around, it's only in there for the coolness.. all of the scenes with Clark reading newspapers, and meeting Ben Hubbard and such was a lot more rellevant!! This sucks!!!

Naite22 said:
I'm sorry, did you say 2 hours??! as in T-W-O hours!!? The movie is 2:33 hours long my friend.

So sorry...meant to type three. Missed the editing button there, and I'm usually so handy with it:O

I mean, it's almost three hours long????

How much longer do you want it to be?

I know the book has been proven to be...misleading and not to be taken that seriously as far as plotting and stuff like that (not that it ever should have been with Singer at the helm).

Anyway, I just think Superman back in Metropolis is far more exciting than Smallville and space. I mean I want to see it at some point, but the movie is already over long and if the book can be trusted on one thing that part was written very...boringly.

So, maybe it's a good thing they cut it. At least that is one way to look at it:)

The line from Martha saying "Not even YOU can stop the world from spinning", comes from the fact that Clark has a conversation with Ma Kent, where he discovers that she's having a "relationship" with Ben Hubbard, and Clark then looks sort of surprised! That's when Martha looks at her son, and delievers that line! But how can that come in to the story, if Hubbard is cut from the film, damn it!????

I'm glad that the scenes with young Clark in the cellar, finding his spacecraft, and crystals, (and also in the cellar) Clark reading in the old newspapers, catching up on things, becuase Clark's space craft in the new film looked different from the Donner version.

at 2:33 hours, there should've been MORE THEN ENOUGH time to have a good beautiful sequence at the Kent Farm! I can't believe that they crew real crop fields and builded the Kent Farm from scratch, when it's only seen for 5 minutes in the movie! Talk about faste of money..

All of this is making be pretty sad, and many say that it feels a bit rushed in the begining, so dont try to sneak around it! They shouldn't have moved Clark to Metropolis that fast!! We should've gotten a bit more farm footage!

Naite22 said:
The line from Martha saying "Not even YOU can stop the world from spinning", comes from the fact that Clark has a conversation with Ma Kent, where he discovers that she's having a "relationship" with Ben Hubbard, and Clark then looks sort of surprised! That's when Martha looks at her son, and delievers that line! But how can that come in to the story, if Hubbard is cut from the film, damn it!????

It's a good line, but it brings up the world turning and the mind rape to be honest. If Singer is trying to do away with those parts than it's better he left them out. I also don't think Ben Hubbard is that instrumental to the film, or the storyline regardless of how he figures into Martha's new journey.

well if there's anything good from Ben Hubbard's scenes getting cut is that part of him talking to Clark without his glasses :eek:. although i find that part of the trailer most amusing, its quite disconcerting for me to see it play out unless Ben was let in on the secret that Clark= Superman. (which then leads to my discomfort of having the Secret Identity as not-quite-secret-really :rolleyes: )

is there a way to rename this thread into the "Deleted Scenes thread"?
i didnt know so many stuff has been cut.

Naite22 said:
at 2:33 hours, there should've been MORE THEN ENOUGH time to have a good beautiful sequence at the Kent Farm! I can't believe that they crew real crop fields and builded the Kent Farm from scratch, when it's only seen for 5 minutes in the movie! Talk about faste of money..

Spell damn you! Spell :mad:

Also, we wont get any explornation to why young Clark wears glasses...!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"