Superman Returns Way to much looks to have been cut from the movie!!!

Naite22 said:
Also, we wont get any explornation to why young Clark wears glasses...!!!

were they even intending to explain that in the movie? :confused:

you know, I'm kind of hoping that they save the footage of Krypton that was cut, and not put it onto a DVD, but save it for SRII. I think the implications of a journey back to krypton could be very interesting and entertaining. It doesn't have to be Zod. It could be any number of krypton related villains or heroes. Eradicator, Brainiac, Kara, the PZ, The crazy Krypton Religious monkey lookin guy.

That's what I hope they do with the cut footage of Graveyard Krypton.

Steelsheen said:
were they even intending to explain that in the movie? :confused:

other than the 2% of fanboys, does anybody really care why clark wears glasses?

The young Clark scene doesn't bother me so much. It actually makes more sense because in S:TM we see 18 year old Clark discovering the crystal in the barn.

As for the rest. It really bums me out that we're not going to see him reading old newspapers.

I'm also dissapointed that the Krypton scene isn't in there.

I can forgive the Ben Hubbard decision though.

Superfreak said:
other than the 2% of fanboys, does anybody really care why clark wears glasses?

well most just accept it as Supe's way of "masking" his face so people wont recognize him :p

The only thing that really genuniely disappoints me is that we won't see any Krypton scenes. I was really looking forward to those.

Having said that i'm surprised some of those scenes you mention have been cut.

P.S: Storm's tidal wave in X-Men The Last Stand was heavily promoted but still ended been cut from the final film.

I find it hilarious that no one here (besides me and some others) wanted a restart (origin movie), but are really upset that all feels too rushed.
No discovering power scenes...no young Clark...Superman seen in less than 15 minutes...

LOL :D

Wasn´t this that you guys wanted?

What is this footage of Krypton everybody keeps talking about? In what trailer or TV spot does it appear?

LadyVader said:
What is this footage of Krypton everybody keeps talking about? In what trailer or TV spot does it appear?
we saw it in the teaser/ one of the trailers. Kal-El.org has a sample here:

srkrypton.jpg

This thread is laughable to say the least.

Has Naite even seen the movie yet or is he basing this on word of mouth. Some of the scenes he is talking about above havent not been fully cut but trimmed down. Nate, prescriptions do the trick.

Movies are cut down all the time, it is how it works. Why don't you wait to see how the movie flows from beginning to end before ranting and raving. It is obvious you are upset, but where are you getting this from. Little bits and pieces of blacked out paragraphs in a spoiler thread?

It's fair to say that all films of this type will have cuts made. SR is over 2 1/2 hours long as it is, which is quite long enough for mass audiences (if not for most fans!:) ).

Does Krypton not even feature in a flashback scene? It's a shame if none of it remains.

M

Showtime029 said:
This thread is laughable to say the least.

Has Naite even seen the movie yet or is he basing this on word of mouth. Some of the scenes he is talking about above havent not been fully cut but trimmed down. Nate, prescriptions do the trick.

Movies are cut down all the time, it is how it works. Why don't you wait to see how the movie flows from beginning to end before ranting and raving. It is obvious you are upset, but where are you getting this from. Little bits and pieces of blacked out paragraphs in a spoiler thread?

there are scenes that would have been nice if they had kept them in the movie...but once again, if singer feels that they have no real value to the overall flow of the movie, i trust his decision. he's brought it this far, and i doubt he'll screw it up at the 11th hour. we can all wait for the dvd release containing all these missing scenes.

you can always find some negative in every situation. let's put down our swords and celebrate the return of the world's greatest superhero. we've waited long enough.

charl_huntress said:
You may be...

I am one of the folks who wants to get to Superman Returning earlier rather than later.

Believe me, I want to see it on DVD, but in the movie.

:( It's already very long...almost two hours. How much longer does it need to be to satisfy you?

lol im pretty sure its about 2 and hours and 40 minutes:)

Naite22 said:
^there is a flashback of young Clark learning how to fly, but much of what else happens in that sequence is also cut!!! If it was up to me, that Stephen Bender scene should've been cut! It's not rellevant for the story to see young Clark jump around, it's only in there for the coolness.. all of the scenes with Clark reading newspapers, and meeting Ben Hubbard and such was a lot more rellevant!! This sucks!!!

Naite Ill agree here with you on this mostly everything youve said but as long as it on DVD and i ca n watch te scenes wehre the belong in the movie ill be a happy man !!!

we all know movies are cut to make more $$$$ in less time but i sometimes wish the Executives thought bout the real fans like us and on a opening night theyd have the all extended footage and REAL ACTUAL RUNNING TIME of the movie nothing missing from it but we all know they dont give a ****.... its all bout money.....

dabilee01 said:
there are scenes that would have been nice if they had kept them in the movie...but once again, if singer feels that they have no real value to the overall flow of the movie, i trust his decision. he's brought it this far, and i doubt he'll screw it up at the 11th hour. we can all wait for the dvd release containing all these missing scenes.

you can always find some negative in every situation. let's put down our swords and celebrate the return of the world's greatest superhero. we've waited long enough.

I don't trust his decision until I see it for myself, than I can judge for myself if I believe the cut sequences were needed.

Nate, all this cut footage will be on the dvd, CHILL THE HELL OUT!

As long as it is on the DVD,its cool with me.We would have had nearly a 3 hour long movie if he hadnt of cut some stuff out,and that would have hurt the box office.

Just read through the novel, taking out those scenes. And to tell you the truth- it still fits together really well.

I don't exactly. But after Martha and Clark's scene- it's a nice easy transition into the Lex going to the FOS scene and then it's Clark at the Daily Planet.

Continuity errors?

There are none, from what I can tell, from those cuts.

In dialouge- CK states that he buried the space ship, so we didn't really need to see it. It's explained. Scenes like this are often deleted if it is already evident, and it is.

As for the article. Superman and Lois ontop of the Daily Planet still works. We and Supes know about the article by that time in the story.

So, yeah- sad these cuts were made. But, it really doesn't weaken the movie in any way at all. It actually might make it seem smoother and run along much better for theatrical release. It's not another F4 or DD scenario, so you shouldn't be worried- Singer knows what he's doing.

Naite22 said:
But what about the scene where he's standing in the field next to his spaceship, holding that shuffle???? Routh talked a lot about that sequence in an interview, as we see that it's his way of trying to fit in, for Christ sakes... We, here on the boards had a huge thread about what he does with the spacecraft he returns in.. now those people wondering about that, just can't leave it behind, ones it's not explained in the film.
What happens to the huge spacecraft?? dont we even see how he gets rid of it, or does he just leave it there, for every one to see at one point in time.. Oh, I know, he says to Ma Kent "Mother, could you throw the spacecraft out, I dont have the time to do it my self, gotta got, see ya later"

Well, the first thing he says to Martha in their conversation in the morning is "Don't worry mom, I burried it". See? Just 3 seconds and you CAN IMAGINE Clark working on it. It is much better than showing a guy digging around the ship with a shovel for 10 minutes... ;)

LadyVader said:
Clark using a shovel!? To bury his alien space craft!?

I don't usually use this but if ever there was a situation that demanded it...

LMAO!

The original idea was that Clark returns from Krypton very depressed and does not want to use his superpowers anymore. So he goes to the ship and uses regular tools to do the job.

In the final cut, he comes back a bit depressed, and Martha is even more sad, but then she cheers him up that the fact his original home was a "graveyard" does not mean he is alone or anything. And she also opens a door for future sequels in that speech. The removal of Ben means that things at home have NOT changed, Martha is still there and not going anywhere. Not showing young Clark discovering Xray vision or the father crystals does not affect the story continuity in any way. It just hurts the feelings of the VFX guys and gals who worked on these shots ;)

So Clark in the movie is actually pretty optimistic when he comes back to Metropolis. Not your typical Spidey angst. THEN he finds out things have changed, and he DOES read the paper with "Why the world does not need Superman". Just not in the barn cellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"