"We didn't want to make a cerebral movie", says Leterrier

^Most people aren't going to take it as a reboot. It's not like Batman where it was a decade ago, this is like four years ago. It will be viewed as a sequel by many.

But this guy's a journalist who, like I said, otherwise managed to get every other fact right. How could he still, after all that research, STILL not find out it's a reboot?

also Batman Begins has been seen as a prequel to Tim Burton's Batman by many...

I hope those many haven't seen Tim Burton's Batman recently, cos if they have, and they still don't notice the numerous inconsistencies, there's something seriously wrong with how their brains work.

If it comes down to it, you are going to have to fight me for her. :woot:

LOL!!! Well, seeing as I am Doc Samson, I believe me and Ms. Ross are destined to share a relationship in the very near future anyhow, as soon as I find her address :oldrazz:

I hope those many haven't seen Tim Burton's Batman recently, cos if they have, and they still don't notice the numerous inconsistencies, there's something seriously wrong with how their brains work.
Those people probably haven't.

I just read an article that was apparently published on Monday, this article here, http://www.futuremovies.co.uk/review.asp?ID=817 Notice how this guy begins his third paragraph, "The plot will follow straight on from Hulk." For ****'s sake. I mean Jesus CHRIST. When is this **** gonna STOP? The movie is a REBOOT. REBOOT, REBOOT, REBOOT. This was made clear SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. Edward Norton gave a well publicised (in Internet standards) interview, only a few weeks ago, in which he said, very clearly, that this movie has NOTHING to do with the last Hulk. And yet this guy, who's written an otherwise good, well-researched, accurate, up-to-date article STILL can't even get this simple, well-established FACT RIGHT. Ang Lee's Hulk is GONE. This is a REBOOT. JESUS. Sorry, but I'm getting really sick and tired of this crap and had to get it off my chest.
JC SMASH STUPID REPORTER!!!!!!!!!!! i feel your pain dude i hope that they make it a statement in the trailer " IT ISNT A SEQUAL........ITS A NEW BEGINING!"

JC SMASH STUPID REPORTER!!!!!!!!!!! i feel your pain dude i hope that they make it a statement in the trailer " IT ISNT A SEQUAL........ITS A NEW BEGINING!"

LOL, I just pictured the trailer announcer guy saying that with big green letters saying that filling the screen.:funny:

This is not a 100% reboot guys.

It is a reboot with new actors but it does start after 5 years from the events of last movie.

It is a reboot with new actors but it does start after 5 years from the events of last movie.
jokerfrown.jpg

Actually it starts 5 years from the creation of the hulk, atleast that's the angle they're going for rather than 5 years from the events of the last movie.

Actually it starts 5 years from the creation of the hulk, at least that's the angle they're going for rather than 5 years from the events of the last movie.
right you are my brother. finally someone else who knows it is not sequel/reboot, just a reboot. it starts 5 years after banner's accident.
not 5years after the first movie. norton even said himself and i quote "

Edward Norton talked to Total Film magazine (via The Sun) and said there is no connection between upcoming The Incredible Hulk and 2003's Hulk.

"First off it's utterly unrelated to that film," he told the magazine. "This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it. I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We're going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.'"

While he said "no" to the role a couple of times until he was able to rewrite the screenplay, Norton now says the story will likely span more than one film.

"To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts," he said. "We left a lot out on purpose. It's definitely intended as chapter one."

The Incredible Hulk opens in theaters on June 13."

right you are my brother. finally someone else who knows it is not sequel/reboot, just a reboot. it starts 5 years after banner's accident.not 5years after the first movie.

Well, most of us know this, but unfortunately I'm almost positive the general public doesn't, and with such a late start with the marketing, there's really not a whole lot of time to clarify this. Im interested in what the trailer can do, outside of putting it in big bold text, to get audiences to understand its not a direct sequel. Maybe some type of voiceover may do the trick, but plenty of people thought Batman Begins was a sequel initially, and that was almost 10 years removed from the previous movie, this is only 5. I really feel this is a huge issue with June coming much quicker than it seems....:csad:

Well, most of us know this, but unfortunately I'm almost positive the general public doesn't, and with such a late start with the marketing, there's really not a whole lot of time to clarify this. Im interested in what the trailer can do, outside of putting it in big bold text, to get audiences to understand its not a direct sequel. Maybe some type of voiceover may do the trick, but plenty of people thought Batman Begins was a sequel initially, and that was almost 10 years removed from the previous movie, this is only 5. I really feel this is a huge issue with June coming much quicker than it seems....:csad:

If anyone even remembers the last film when they see the new trailer, they'll knew it isn't a sequel because the entire cast is different.

Promotion on this film has been awful. You don't begin marketing a film like this within like 3+ months of it's release. That's when you open up with the second trailer.

Maybe the first trailer comes out with doomsday and then second trailer with Iron man and then non stop tv spots for Hulk from may - june and huge internet marketing and interviews and stuff. With that kind of marketing it should be able to do 140-150 million. There is no way it does more than that now.

"We didn't want to make a cerebral movie," he says of comparisons to Ang Lee's earlier film. "We wanted full action, Hulk smashing stuff up. But Ed Norton's script has given Bruce's story real gravitas – Marvel has always made their superhero movies with great actors to make it tangible and Ed has nailed it here. Admittedly, I'm not the most adult director, but just because we're making a superhero movie, it doesn't just have to appeal to 13-year-old boys. Ed and I both see superheroes as the new Greek gods, so there's a classical undercurrent to Bruce's psycho-drama. It's Prometheus, Pandora's Box, Hercules...but with explosions!" That's what we always felt was missing in the Greek myths.
I´m very apprehensive about this movie, and this doesn´t make it better.
But, i´m honest when i say, it´s exactly what i´m expecting for this one.
The all saying that Norton´s script has given Bruce's story real gravitas is pure BS.
Not saying that it will not happen, but every person involved in a movie always say that they have a great thing on their hands, so, it can really easy go both ways.

But back to the first part, it´s exactly what i expect, a popcorn movie.
And it´s logical, if one of the many criticisms of the first movie was the lack of action, a physical bad guy and Hulk, it´s totally expected for this one to be 100% about that.
Is it a bad thing?
Yes, totally.....

Isildur´s Heir;14206405 said:
Is it a bad thing?
Yes, totally.....

If straying from Ang's is a bad thing. I never, ever want to be right.

Isildur´s Heir;14206654 said:
Dude, you really like your no brainer popcorn movie...if so, you will love this one.

Responded to you in the website thread.

Your a moron if you think anyone who didn't like Hulk doesn't like an intellectual film. I stated my problems there.

If you want to get personal and attack each other's taste we can in there.

Edit: since it just got closed I guess I'll have to say never mind to that.

Promotion on this film has been awful. You don't begin marketing a film like this within like 3+ months of it's release. That's when you open up with the second trailer.

It cracks me up that so many people slam the promotion of the '03 movie as one of the downfalls of the film (they promoted what was going to be an art house film on WWE, for Christ's sake!)..but then when Marvel takes a different, more strategic approach, they bemoan it still.
Marvel knows what it is doing. They have a specific situation they are dealing with here..considering how the last film is perceived. This calls for a marketing style that is unconventional.

Maybe the first trailer comes out with doomsday and then second trailer with Iron man and then non stop tv spots for Hulk from may - june and huge internet marketing and interviews and stuff. With that kind of marketing it should be able to do 140-150 million. There is no way it does more than that now.

You do accept that this is a 100% reboot now, right? You never corrected yourself on that.

It cracks me up that so many people slam the promotion of the '03 movie as one of the downfalls of the film (they promoted what was going to be an art house film on WWE, for Christ's sake!)..but then when Marvel takes a different, more strategic approach, they bemoan it still.
Marvel knows what it is doing. They have a specific situation they are dealing with here..considering how the last film is perceived. This calls or a marketing style that is unconventional.

Isn't the internet grand? :woot::oldrazz:

Marvel knows what it is doing. They have a specific situation they are dealing with here..considering how the last film is perceived. This calls or a marketing style that is unconventional.
Different does not mean better. Death by impalement is still as undesirable as burning to death.

Different does not mean better. Death by impalement is still as undesirable as burning to death.

That's very poor logic. You have assumed that the current approach is unsuccessful. You CANNOT make any judgement until after the dust has settled. And even then, you won't have an exact idea because you won't know how it would have fared if it had taken a more traditional approach. For all we know, if the movie had aired a teaser a year before, had some sort of superbowl trailer...basically done exactly what the previous film did..it may perform even poorer.
In my opinion, Marvel is being very strategic in what they are doing because this movie has such obstacles to overcome.

That's very poor logic. You have assumed that the current approach is unsuccessful. You CANNOT make any judgement until after the dust has settled. And even then, you won't have an exact idea because you won't know how it would have fared if it had taken a more traditional approach. For all we know, if the movie had aired a teaser a year before, had some sort of superbowl trailer...basically done exactly what the previous film did..it may perform even poorer.
In my opinion, Marvel is being very strategic in what they are doing because this movie has such obstacles to overcome.

1. If you truly cannot make any judgement until the dust has settled, then you can't say that you believe Marvel is being very strategic. It works both ways.

2. I was commenting on your logic that fans should automatically praise something that is different from something they dislike rather than commenting on the marketing itself.

1. If you truly cannot make any judgement until the dust has settled, then you can't say that you believe Marvel is being very strategic. It works both ways.

?? I can believe, whatever I want. In fact, if you read back in my post you will see I clearly said "In my opinion". Yes, I think Marvel is being strategic. Whether it will be successful...I never claimed to know that, but you seem to feel that you do.

2. I was commenting on your logic that fans should automatically praise something that is different from something they dislike rather than commenting on the marketing itself.

I don't recall ever saying that. You were the one that automatically claimed that it is the wrong approach, without knowing any better. And that was my point. Give it a chance. But hey...that's your perogative if you want to do that or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"