What attracts you most to the GR movie?

FlameHead said:
I don't think it should be anything like what's been out before. It shouldn't be modelled after those movies or any movies. It should be it's own vision and so far, from what I've read and seen, it looks like it's going to be just that.

I"m not sure how you see that it's on the Blade side though? I've seen nothing similar...
When i said Ghost Rider should be more like The Exorcist or Poltergeist, i was talking about the tone and style of the movie, that all supernatural and horror, serious and adult....
GR should go that way too....

As for the Blade reference, well, it´s the same deal.
I think that the teaser is fine...but, when it comes to tone and style, it looked me in the same deal as Blade.
Blade II, i mean, but Blade nevertheless.

Maybe i´m wrong, maybe i´ll change my mind after i see the real teaser or trailer....

Yeah, it's really hard to judge anything from the footage we have...

I'm not sure if I agree with you about the serious and adult thing though. I mean, this is still a comic book movie and I mean, the comic was never that tone. It was never really a horror story. It just happens to have a horrific character... and he's not even doing bad things, he's doing good. Well, he does bad thing too bad people for the good of the world.

FlameHead said:
I'm not sure if I agree with you about the serious and adult thing though. I mean, this is still a comic book movie and I mean, the comic was never that tone. It was never really a horror story. It just happens to have a horrific character... and he's not even doing bad things, he's doing good. Well, he does bad thing too bad people for the good of the world.
I don´t get the "this is still a comic bok movie", but i don´t like it, sorry to say :o
It makes you look like you think comic book movies are lesser movies than any other, and, quite frankly, i don´t agree with it one bit....but, i also know that it wasn´t it that you meant to say...was it? :confused:

It all comes down the way you look at it.
Take Hellboy for example, i love that movie, it´s one of my favorite comic book movies of all times, but, if i was the one doing it, i would had made it a little darker, a little more disturbing...
All about the movie is just top-notch, the acting is superb (Pearlman does, IMO, the best comic book character ever, he is Hellboy), the direction is amazing (i love del Toro), the action, the drama, it´s all there...and i understand why del Toro wanted to make it PG-13, he said that the comic was never R-rated, so, why would the movie be?
I understand...but i don´t agree, because, afterall, Hellboy is a demon that fights other demons and monsters, that alone makes it a little more darker than it was.
I didn´t wanted it to be R-rated, but i would like for it to be a little darker than the "monster hunter" that it was, in same parts.

As for the Ghost Rider, the problem is even greater.
Hellboy cracks jokes, Ghost Rider doesn´t, in fact, there is nothing humourous about him.
Then, the GR is all about demonic possessions and pacts with the devil.
That, IMO, if it´s not done in a really serious and adult way, it will be a little on the blant side, because, one believes in it or not, it´s always a serious and controversial topic.
It´s not a subject that you can take lightly, IMO.
I don´t ask for gore or stuff like that, that, i agree that as nothing to do with the comic book at hand, so, that is why i used The Exorcist and Poltergeist as examples, neither of them use stuff like that and both are horrifying and unsettling movies.

What I meant about it being a comic book movie is that it's a movie that already has it's source material. This is not something they are inventing for the first time. With that, they have to abide by a few rules, to make us fanboys happy. If it's not at least close to the source material, then none of us are going to be happy.

The comic was not serious and adult and nor should this movie be. It was never really a horror comic either. It's more an action/adventure comic using a horrific character. The comic is not fully about the pact made with the devil. It's about how Johnny deals with that pact. It's about the good things that the demon inside him is doing, even if it's in a harsh way. It's about the struggle between two beings for the same soul.

You're also right about Ghost Rider not cracking jokes. He doesn't... and nor will he in this movie. Johnny Blaze will be the one crackin' jokes and I think it's going to work. Often times when people are stressed out, not in control of situations or highly emotional they revert to humor to help them deal with it. That's what I picture happening here. That sarcasm that Johnny has is something developed after years of dealing with this thing inside of him. Plus, he's still human. All the characters in this movie are still human (well most of them) and we all need to laugh sometime.

I can't see Johnny NOT being a wise-a$$.

The only characters out of the Monster group of Marvel that was not too humorus was Jack Russell and Man-Thing. I mean even the Frankenstein Monster and the Mummy had some humorus moments.

True enough, though I haven't had the chance to read any Man-Thing stories yet so I really don't know about him.

You sorta need that humour there to offset the horror. Scary things are scarier if you were just laughing 3 seconds before, ya know? Plus, a rollar coaster rider of emotions in a movie is something everyone craves, isn't it?

Totally agree. I'm expecting a nice mix of horror, action and a sprinkling of humour.

Since MSJ mentioned it in connection to the style of the film, I'll bring it up once again: An American Werewolf In London. If you haven't seen it, chaps, do so. You won't regret it.

Jack: "Can I have a piece of toast?"

Now THAT'S how you mix horror and humour.

:D

Im looking forward to this movie for several reasons,MSJ is a great dircetor! Eva Mendes is hot,but the most important his the cool GR!!

Hellion said:
Wes Bentley

Awesome. You're the first to say that really. I as well am lookin' forward to seein' him in the flick (though isn't the main attraction). American Beauty is a fav of mine and a lot of it has to do with his performance. He'll make a great baddie I think.

Ditto.

If you don't know that last thread I posted too, that ditto does not make sense. Mwa haha.

It's really great. I admire Kevin Spacey a whole lot and therefor love all of his movies (except LA Confidential). Wes was great in it and I'm not sure why his career didn't take off. It was probably his choice because, he's quite skilled.

BURNFOREVER said:
Burning Skull.
Black Leather.
Spikes.
Chains.
Harley from Hell.
Damnation.
Redemption.
My Hero.
That´s it.

^What he said.

ghostriders character. just saw the preview. looks better than i expected.

That's great of you to say XW2. Not a lot of people have faith in MSJ, which is totally unwarrented. He is da man afterall!

He has a flaming skull head

A FLAMING SKULL HEAD!!!

FlameHead said:
That's great of you to say XW2. Not a lot of people have faith in MSJ, which is totally unwarrented. He is da man afterall!
im the only one that voted that:O

I am totally digging the fact that Nicolas Cage is a comic book fan himself. I love that little tidbit of him having to cover up his very own Ghostrider tatoo for the movie. I think that's great.

Too many actors who "have never read a comic book and didn't know what they were in for" have been getting parts that comic enthusiasts can only dream about. Like Tom Welling, who "didn't know Superman beyond the movies" etc. That just irks me. But oh well.

I like Cage, he was a perfect pick for this movie.

Nic being a huge fan certainly gives him a lot of credit in my books. Same goes for MSJ. I wouldn't doubt a lot of members of that team are fans of the comic. I know Avi is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"