What attracts you most to the GR movie?

The character is what attracts me,Both the effect being GR has on Blaze as well as the kickass vengeance dealer that GR is,most visually exciting marvel character IMO

For me it's definitely the character himself. GR has been my favorite comic book character since I laid eyes on him. If nothing else he is just so visually stunning. I was always dissapointed that Marvel didn't handle his character better. There are so many good elements to work with, but they let his history get so confusing and hard to follow. To this day I sit at my desk at work and doodle pictures of GR without even realizing I'm doing it.

Its just really hard to beat a flaming skull head in terms of sheer coolness. Particularly a living one at that. :o

I too, like at least one other poster I read, was there for the beginning. I bought the Marvel Spotlight with Ghost Rider's origin right off the rack and shortly there after did the same with Ghost Rider #1.

The mythology is compelling also the damnation and redemption, the classical Faustian theme like Man-Thing mentioned.

:ghost:

That's awsome that you were able to buy the originals when they came out! I hope you still have them?

They are bagged and boarded in a box under my bed not 20 feet from me as we speak. :)

<EDIT> And welcome to the Hype!

LOL I wish I still had my original GR's....I was SOOOO into GR that I had made my bicycle look like the hellcycle (the one with the Round top window) :D
MAN we date ourselves don't we? I still remember coming home with those Marvel Spotlight issues from the drugstore.

I wish I had many more of the originals than I have. It's quite pathetic my Blaze collection. Well, as compared to my Dan one anyway...

I love Nicolas Cage.....but a flaming skull on a bike with chains sounds and looks pretty awesome.

Other (Always have an other)

It's Marvel. :p

Other (Always have an other)

The special effects, it's going to be amazing

Other:

The Ghost Rider himself

:ghost: What makes u want to c this movie? Or what is it about Ghost Rider that makes him your favorite or one of your favorite characters?:ghost:

I don't.
I am not a Ghost Rider fan.

I just want to see this movie because it looks cool.
Maybe when I am seeing this movie, I'll become a fan.

:p

He captured my imagination way back in the 70's when I was but a lad, it was the first comic I ever collected.

I'm a GR fan because of the skull. I love skulls, as symbol, as art, as anatomy, etcc. And skull plus fire measn badass. And obviously because he's an antihero, he's got a mission, and because of the penance stare.

Rambaldi said:
:ghost: What makes u want to c this movie? Or what is it about Ghost Rider that makes him your favorite or one of your favorite characters?:ghost:

Well...ive been a horror movie fan since i was literally a baby...even watched shows like Dark Shadows, Kolchak, Godzilla movies and anything remotely resembling horror or had some kind of a monster in it. I always loved ghost stories...tales of cursed souls damned to roam the Earth because of something horrible that they did or was done to them in a previous life.
i liked the usual superheroes like Spiderman, Batman ect but could never really keep up w/ them since i felt the stories were kinda "blah"...that was until i found Marvel Team Up w/ Spider Man and GR vs the Trapster. a superhero that had a flaming skull, rode a motorcycle made of pure Hellfire, and burned the souls of the villains? i had no chance...i was hooked the minute i saw the panel of Trapster getting fried screaming "God help me...Im in Hell!"...or something to that effect. :D
Also was a fan of anything horror related in comics...DC's "Witching Hour", Swamp Thing, Grimm's Ghost Stories, Tomb of Dracula, ...if it was spooky good chance i was reading it..heh
Been a GR fan sine about 77/78 and stuck w/ the 90s series until its end.
To me Ghost Rider is the ultimate personification of vengeance...you dont just get beaten to a pulp when you face him you get to experience literally "Hell" for what seems like an eternity. With some of GR's "victims" they carry on that pain until they die...and some will live the rest of their days insane in some kind of mental ward. To say that is harsh is an understatement...its absolutely brutal. Death is too easy...living w/ the pain of what you did to others is far more effective.
Its a cool and unique horror concept that I still enjoy reading...the majority of comic readers might not like it but i dont give a s#$^. This is my kind of comic book character...it may be flawed but it will always be my favorite.
I like many others have been waiting w/ inhuman patience for the past 20+ years that this movie gets made....and finally just short of 9 months we will get our wish. Bring on the bad reviews from Ebert, AICN, CHUD, IMDB ....i will still be there opening weekend and will still enjoy seeing Ghost Rider on the big screen.

My brother always collected the comics when we were growing up and we both ended up drawing Ghost Rider all the time. I then started reading the comics myself and just thought that the stories were much different than other comic book characters. As a character he stood out from the rest also. Ghost Rider just had everything that I loved about comics. Cool character, cool story, cool enemies, etc.... I always thought that the artwork was much better than other comics like Spiderman, X-men etc....

I picked up my first GR (Gen III) comics from a yard sale (issue 5 & 6) back in 1992. I was impressed but I was testing out many comics, at that time, and I didnt get into the series until i picked up the GR comic where Blackout kills Linda Wei the reporter. When I saw how Dan was tortured by GR, but at the same time, GR was troubled on how to stop a killer he was not willing to kill himself.

After that point, I picked up almost every GR comic, and was impressed not only with the story, but the character of the Ghost Rider.

GR is a character that to this day has never reached his own full potential as a being (hero, spirit, demon, whatever). He is committed to his cause (vengeance) but being bonded with a human has raised within himself questions of identity, purpose, and a bigger picture that was always evolving in the story. He was never accepted in the outside world but still did what was right even though the outside world never accepted him. The story may not be unique to Marvel heroes, but c'mon his head is on fire! He seems to be part of a bigger picture that was never fully explained. The mystery behind him left my imagination wide open and kept me coming for more.

The Ghost Rider is a being with great power and unconquerable spirit that demands respect.

It was the look that got me reading. He stands out from all other Captain Hero Man's by a mile.

Then I found I loved the character too.

:up:

I just love seeing all the Marvel U coming to life on the screen. I was never a big GR reader but I acknowledged him as one of the majors. I've always been a Spidey fan specifically, and a Marvel fan in general. I want to see ALL of the Marvel properties do well with the hopes that one day they will do crossover films.
Sooo, the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"