• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight What can kill TDK as a movie? Overestimating?

Cinemaman said:
Am I really only one who liked the action in BB? :eek: :(

Then action was good for the movie. If this guy doesnt like BB then fine. Thats his thing. But if he thinks that Nolan wil change his style of art that making films then he has a thing coming...He should be waiting for Iron Man or something. Ledger already stated that the nature of the Joker will be more with his eys not smile, Nolan described TDK as being 'grim' and things having to get worse before they can get better. These are decent hints that the film will have more of the psychological feel like BB did. Yes it might a bit more action or maybe not. Point is that Nolan wont change his style or 'art' just satisfy action fanboys.

p.s. BB was never advertised as being the 05 summer action blockbuster.

strider said:
Then action was good for the movie. If this guy doesnt like BB then fine. Thats his thing. But if he thinks that Nolan wil change his style of art that making films then he has a thing coming...He should be waiting for Iron Man or something. Ledger already stated that the nature of the Joker will be more with his eys not smile, Nolan described TDK as being 'grim' and things having to get worse before they can get better. These are decent hints that the film will have more of the psychological feel like BB did. Yes it might a bit more action or maybe not. Point is that Nolan wont change his style or 'art' just satisfy action fanboys.

p.s. BB was never advertised as being the 05 summer action blockbuster.

you keep posting the same thing said in different ways here, I can't be any clearer than when I say BB and TDK are not a true representation of nolan as a film maker, and he has already changed somewhat by deciding to direct begins in the first place. like I already said, he's a relatively young director who's only just hitting the bigtime. I never said nolan will or should change his style, I have no idea where you're getting that from. And BB was a summer blockbuster movie, that's what WB were banking on, even though the advertising campaign was relatively low key that is what it was.

kenellard said:
you keep posting the same thing said in different ways here, I can't be any clearer than when I say BB and TDK are not a true representation of nolan as a film maker, and he has already changed somewhat by deciding to direct begins in the first place. like I already said, he's a relatively young director who's only just hitting the bigtime. I never said nolan will or should change his style, I have no idea where you're getting that from. And BB was a summer blockbuster movie, that's what WB were banking on, even though the advertising campaign was relatively low key that is what it was.

Iron Man? ROLF

Seriously stop trolling and stop trying to sound smart by covering yourself saying now that Nolan is a good director and that BB was different so thats why you think it sucked. Yes we all know you dont like BB. I dont care. TDK wont be extremely different. So please just wait till it releases. So how about you and I go watch Iron Man?

I think the only things that might KILL TDK as a movie, for one the action scenes need to be filmed alot better. The plot for Begins was in essence the same basic plot of ever other batman movie. Batman stops crazed villian from destroying gotham city, and also has to hide his darker side from his female love interest[ Racheal]. Begins was no diferent then Batman89 and Batman Forever, people really only love Begins more because it was alot better then the one that came before it Batman and Robin. I liked Begins,but the dialogue were generic suphero movie banter, it did nothing really new, it just was slightly closer to the comics then Batman89.

Eros said:
I think the only things that might KILL TDK as a movie, for one the action scenes need to be filmed alot better. The plot for Begins was in essence the same basic plot of ever other batman movie. Batman stops crazed villian from destroying gotham city, and also has to hide his darker side from his female love interest[ Racheal]. Begins was no diferent then Batman89 and Batman Forever, people really only love Begins more because it was alot better then the one that came before it Batman and Robin. I liked Begins,but the dialogue were generic suphero movie banter, it did nothing really new, it just was slightly closer to the comics then Batman89.

*slits wrists*

IT WAS GOOD MOVIE OVERALL NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ACTION PACKED COMIC BOOK MOVIE....Oh god and Im the forum rookie....

strider said:
*slits wrists*

IT WAS GOOD MOVIE OVERALL NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ACTION PACKED COMIC BOOK MOVIE....Oh god and Im the forum rookie....

i said the action scenes need to be filmed better, not their needs to be more action you idiot.

strider said:
Iron Man? ROLF

Seriously stop trolling and stop trying to sound smart by covering yourself saying now that Nolan is a good director and that BB was different so thats why you think it sucked. Yes we all know you dont like BB. I dont care. TDK wont be extremely different. So please just wait till it releases. So how about you and I go watch Iron Man?

I'm not covering myself, nor am I trolling. if you looked back you'd see that I mentioned in one of my first posts on this thread that I love Nolans previous work, well before you started completely missing the point of anything I say. I thought I made some pretty solid points about nolan being a novice action director and the fact that he should handle it alot better with TDK, all you're doing is repeating the words "Iron man" over and over

kenellard said:
I'm not covering myself, nor am I trolling. if you looked back you'd see that I mentioned in one of my first posts on this thread that I love Nolans previous work, well before you started completely missing the point of anything I say. I thought I made some pretty solid points about nolan being a novice action director and the fact that he should handle it alot better with TDK, all you're doing is repeating the words "Iron man" over and over

Dude you are starting to change your stance on Nolan in general....Now you're saying that he should handle action better in TDK implying that BB now wasnt all that bad. DUDE it dont matter if he isnt an action movie director and if he's getting better at them. Nolan is still going to make films HIS way even if he is getting better at making action movies...

Eros said:
i said the action scenes need to be filmed better, not their needs to be more action you idiot.

OK bro w/e you say....if want more action in TDK then Nolan might give you a little more but why are you expecting Nolan to completely change his style of making films.....just stop going flame me. Its just sad and stupid.

Strider, I'll just repost this from the previous page

kenellard said:
Batman Begins WAS NOT Nolans Batman, as many posters on here claim. Anyone who finds that incorrect should sit and watch memento or insomnia (two of those great films that have you saying "holy crap" to yourself as the credits roll), then just think about what Nolan, without the pressure to make a big summer blockbuster & "rescue" the batman franchise could have done. Imagine that, a true look at the Batman as we've never seen him, that would be amazing.

However the thing about begins is Nolan couldn't/didn't do anything all that different from previous films, ok so there's no nipples or neon and everyone is very serious and it's all so very realistic, but i feel that already begins' flaws and shortcomings mean that it (hopefully) will become the weakest of the trilogy, I for one found nothing memorable about it. Saying all that though, it's important to remember what Nolan is capable of, and now that he's safely out of the gate with Begins, I hope he'll really give us something to remember in 2008 and beyond

strider said:
OK bro w/e you say....if want more action in TDK then Nolan might give you a little more but why are you expecting Nolan to completely change his style of making films.....just stop going flame me. Its just sad and stupid.

006.gif

Dawg did you read your first post when you replied to him? You were the one that exhaggerated and then basically insulted him...when in fact you misinterpreted what he said. :o

Eros said:

I disagree for the purposes of Begins, because the actions scenes fit the themes, and style

Now, That the themes are going to be escalation, and "things have to get worse before they can get bette," and the style "grim" I would expect the fighting to fit that style, Bigger scenes, maybe a hopeless battle with the Joker, a loss loved one in a big explosion (pray for rachel dawes)

I really don't feel that Begins is overrated. If people rate the movie based on their initial emotional reactions... doesn't that mean something? Batman Begins is one of a very few movies that pulls all the emotional strings I've got. I'm not sure why, but it does. A good movie does that. A lot of the "best" movies out there just don't do it for me in that way. If it doesn't make me feel a certain way, if it doesn't carry my emotions through it then it's not a top notch movie.

True, we all have high hopes for this movie. I'm confident that Nolan won't let us down. It will have a distinctly different feel from the first movie as we won't have the globe trotting Bruce and a much darker, scarier Gotham. I trust that the characters will be done well. When was the last time Nolan didn't pay proper attention to the development of his characters?

Anyway, my six pence.

I really don't feel that Begins is overrated. If people rate the movie based on their initial emotional reactions... doesn't that mean something? Batman Begins is one of a very few movies that pulls all the emotional strings I've got. I'm not sure why, but it does. A good movie does that. A lot of the "best" movies out there just don't do it for me in that way. If it doesn't make me feel a certain way, if it doesn't carry my emotions through it then it's not a top notch movie.

You summed up my feelings about Begins so well. I don't remember ever feeling such awe after a film in my entire life - it was everything I wanted from a Batman film and more. :)

BB was action summer blockbuster, that's right.

But it doesn't mean that there shouldn't be anything logical.

Besides, I am tired with all these action movies without any sense (like FF or ID).

Anyway, to answer the question... here are some things that could really bring TDK down:

cheesy one liners
muddled plot
too many insignificant characters and simple plot devices

Crooklyn said:
006.gif

Dawg did you read your first post when you replied to him? You were the one that exhaggerated and then basically insulted him...when in fact you misinterpreted what he said. :o

Where the hell do you guys get these smileys from??? Its tearing me up I dont have those cool smileys. ARGGG:cmad:

Babs Gordon said:
Anyway, to answer the question... here are some things that could really bring TDK down:

cheesy one liners
muddled plot
My my...I MUST ask, does Sherlock's blood run in your family?
002.gif

explode7 said:
Where the hell do you guys get these smileys from??? Its tearing me up I dont have those cool smileys. ARGGG
But that would be telling...
013.gif

Babs Gordon said:

cheesy one liners
muddled plot

I think that too, especially the cheesy one-liners, a serious movie can have humour without a certain character practically waving a big "COMIC RELIEF!" flag every ten minutes, they just seem awkward and forced

Can you please tell me where u got those smileys Crooklyn?:)

psh whatev. i don't care if the answers were obvious, they're true.

Babs Gordon said:
psh whatev. i don't care if the answers were obvious, they're true.
Exactly.

Actually, out of interest, how was the dialogue in the Prestige? Since Jonah will be writing TDK and all I'm hoping we will get something better.

Um, anyway - another obvious one, but seriously messing up the Joker. It would be the kiss of death.

Miranda Fox said:
Exactly.

Actually, out of interest, how was the dialogue in the Prestige? Since Jonah will be writing TDK and all I'm hoping we will get something better.

Um, anyway - another obvious one, but seriously messing up the Joker. It would be the kiss of death.
About 5x better than BB that's for sure. That's all that matters. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"