What games do you want during the next generation?

You know what we really need? A new Burnout game. And not like Paradise, I'm talking like Takedown or Revenge, the classic kind of gameplay of mass destruction. I want to cause wrecks so big and so devastating, it destroys cities.

People don't make sense. They say they want a comic book game to be something, they get it, whine about it, and then they say they want what's in it again, but don't admit it's in the game they got already

They whine, whine whine whine, no appreciation for getting what they want, and that's not just by a few, more than half of the people
And I'm not talking about the bad games, the few good games that got unfairly bashed for doing what the people demand

Can you give examples?

People don't make sense. They say they want a comic book game to be something, they get it, whine about it, and then they say they want what's in it again, but don't admit it's in the game they got already

They whine, whine whine whine, no appreciation for getting what they want, and that's not just by a few, more than half of the people
And I'm not talking about the bad games, the few good games that got unfairly bashed for doing what the people demand

Oh for the love of ****ing, do not tell me your basing this entire opinion of getting rid of comic book video games on the fact that people whine about them on the goddamn internet. That's beyond silly.

Sure that does happen, but there's also a whole mess of people who don't whine, and enjoy the games. I can understand that. Doesn't mean the answer is to just stop making the games entirely because a few people are going to complain. That's not fair on the people who like the games. It also makes zero business sense, so it'll never happen anyway.

One thing to keep in mind, is those who dislike something are always a great deal more vocal than those who like it. If one were to judge say, Twilight or Avatar by the internet's reaction to them, you'd reasonably assume that neither franchise made any money at all. Despite the complainers though, both films made huge amounts of money and were enjoyed by millions.

Oh for the love of ****ing, do not tell me your basing this entire opinion of getting rid of comic book video games on the fact that people whine about them on the goddamn internet. That's beyond silly.
No it's not, I'm tired of beyond silly hate attitude, so this is my opinion, if anything is silly about it, it's not because of me

You know what we really need? A new Burnout game. And not like Paradise, I'm talking like Takedown or Revenge, the classic kind of gameplay of mass destruction. I want to cause wrecks so big and so devastating, it destroys cities.
I just think we need a new Burnout game period, whether its a Paradise style or like Takedown/Revenge. EA shelving the series is a tragedy and it shouldnt just continue on in the mobile space

-A new X-Men game, along the style of and scale of Mass Effect
Like Ive said in the past, a Starjammers game made like ME would be great. Just imagine the intergalactic travel between established Marvel alien worlds such as the Kree, Skrulls, Brood, etc..

Last edited:
The Need for Speed series has basically been Burnout and they've been phenomenal. I don't even want to know how many hours I put into Burnout 3 takedown. That game blew my mind on the Xbox

The Need for Speed series has basically been Burnout and they've been phenomenal. I don't even want to know how many hours I put into Burnout 3 takedown. That game blew my mind on the Xbox
No they havent. NFS isnt Burnout and throwing Burnout on the backburner in favor of NFS doenst suffice. No offense, but I always find it insulting when people say NFS is pretty much Burnout. The two series are different and I havent been a fan of wht EA has been doing in regards to that the last couple of years. The fans of Burnout have gotten the short end of the stick

o_O... they're races, not full-on wars. I'm all for some destruction, but city wrecking? :funny:

No they havent. NFS isnt Burnout and throwing Burnout on the backburner in favor of NFS doenst suffice. No offense, but I always find it insulting when people say NFS is pretty much Burnout. The two series are different and I havent been a fan of wht EA has been doing in regards to that the last couple of years. The fans of Burnout have gotten the short end of the stick

I understand what you're saying and I too have been bummed about no new Burnouts in a while. But the way Criterion makes Need for Speed games, they feel like Burnout. Amazing arcadey car handling, slow motion crashes, gaining boost for doing stuff

No it's not, I'm tired of beyond silly hate attitude, so this is my opinion, if anything is silly about it, it's not because of me

I don't even know what you're saying :confused:

o_O... they're races, not full-on wars. I'm all for some destruction, but city wrecking? :funny:

Have you ever played Takedown or Revenge? Crash mode was full out Incredible Hulk level destruction. The races were pretty crazy, too, but crash mode on those two were epic.

Fallout 4
Mercenaries 3 (NOT made by EA)
Mass Effect 4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
... maybe another Bioshock.

I need nothing else.

I don't even know what you're saying :confused:

Have you ever played Takedown or Revenge? Crash mode was full out Incredible Hulk level destruction. The races were pretty crazy, too, but crash mode on those two were epic.

Yeah, I played the games a few times and the destruction was epic. But damn, city-wide destruction?! What do these cars have, nukes on 'em? :wow:

But seriously, I'd love a much larger level of destruction than what we got in those games, so I'm all for it. :up:

No, they wouldn't have nukes on them, but you could hit a nuke somehow in crashbreaker. It could happen.

More Grand Theft Auto. Honestly, I wonder how Grand Theft Auto would look in first-person. Over the years with this gen I've grown accustomed to preferring first-person views with games that have a lot of exploration. The complete opposite of last gen for me.

Fallout 4
Mercenaries 3 (NOT made by EA)
Mass Effect 4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
... maybe another Bioshock.

I need nothing else.

I take it you're not an Elder Scrolls fan.

Star Fox. There's been 2 since Star Fox 64. I'm excluding Dinosaur Planet since Fox was shoved into that for no reason and the 64 3D remake.

I think Star Fox needs a reinvention. I don't think just making another one of those SNES/64 style games would fly today unless it was downloadable for fifteen to twenty bucks. Maybe that's a better spot for the series though.

A Red Dead Redemption sequel or something of the sort.

I understand what you're saying and I too have been bummed about no new Burnouts in a while. But the way Criterion makes Need for Speed games, they feel like Burnout. Amazing arcadey car handling, slow motion crashes, gaining boost for doing stuff
Ive played the new NFS and its not Burnout. NFS games tend to be a bit more on the realistic side and the cars handled heavy and felt less arcadey. It didn't feel like a Burnout game at all. Plus Burnout has its own personality which seemed to like in NFS which felt dry by comparison. Just bc the game now features slow mo crashes, doesn't make it Burnout. The series are distinct enough that it doesn't quite match up and isn't a valid replacement.

I think Star Fox needs a reinvention. I don't think just making another one of those SNES/64 style games would fly today unless it was downloadable for fifteen to twenty bucks. Maybe that's a better spot for the series though.

I think they need to build off of Star Fox: Command. I liked how each character's ship was unique (some even had multiple ones) and there were multiple endings. Combine that with the different paths of Star Fox 64, and you have a game with a lot of replay value. Add upgrades to buy/find, collectables, etc. and you can get a lot out of it.

Last edited:
I desperately need some kind of "3d Fighting Game maker" thing. I heard something like that exists in Ps1 and ps2. But it doesn't sound like I can make a 3D sequel to TMNT tournament fighters (as in "poligons" not as in "special glasses to see") in that so it will obviously not be enough.

Why not put the Kinect to a use I care about and let me capture my own movements to add to the game? Why not let me upload models from a usb drive into the game?

I want a successor to LA Noire. I know Team Bondi doesn't exist anymore, but I'm sure Rockstar could make a great sequel. Hell, it doesn't even have to be in LA; it could be Chicago Noire or something.

I mentioned this in my first post in this thread, but I want a Daredevil game. The game should be a combination of games. It should have the fun of free-roaming that 'Spider-Man 2' had; I've never had as much just running (swinging in that case) a virtual city, DD should recapture that magic. The game should have combat similar to the Batman: Arkham games, except a bit more fast paced since DD is much more agile than Bats. Then the game should also add elements from LA Noire & Ace Attorney, you'd interrogate criminals like LA Noire to use in courtroom scenes like Ace Attorney. I think that'd be a pretty unique & awesome game

Last edited:
I would love to get a superhero game in an open world environment where the hero could actually fly. Superman would be the obvious choice. Having played other open world/sandbox superhero games like Amazing Spider-Man and Batman Arkham City and even Infamous 1 and 2, I am still waiting for a quality flying open world game.

I would love to get a superhero game in an open world environment where the hero could actually fly. Superman would be the obvious choice. Having played other open world/sandbox superhero games like Amazing Spider-Man and Batman Arkham City and even Infamous 1 and 2, I am still waiting for a quality flying open world game.
Well there is DCUO. The flying mechanics in that game are actually pretty decent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"