What didn't you like about T:TDW?

If you didn't like the twist in Iron Man 3, it's prefectly okay.

If you think the Twist was a problem in Iron Man 3, you're simply blind.

And don't start with the 'Mandarin we were promised' bull*****... That's a (deliberate) problem of the marketing campaing, not of the film.

Okay then...

The twist was the biggest complaint not the only complaint :cwink:

And don't start with the 'Mandarin we were promised' bull*****... That's a (deliberate) problem of the marketing campaing, not of the film.

Ironically that's the kind've complaint being lobbed at T:TDW by some. They said they thought they were getting a different kind of movie based on the trailer and then judged the film based on that marketing.

From what i've seen everyone has judged the content of the movie not the marketting.

Ah must've missed it. my bad.

No worries.

There's also the distinction between how a movie was actually executed based on it's plot/narrative vs. personal wants. Sometimes those lines get blurred when it comes to reviews.

I didn't like Thor being much taller than Odin.

In the first movie, they were very successful in hiding that Anthony Hopkins is a good deal smaller than Chris Hemsworth.

In TDW, they weren't.

I didn't like Thor being much taller than Odin.

In the first movie, they were very successful in hiding that Anthony Hopkins is a good deal smaller than Chris Hemsworth.

In TDW, they weren't.

Yeah I noticed that too in the trailers and set pictures, but it doesn't bother me since height doesn't always equate to "power".

Yeah I noticed that too in the trailers and set pictures, but it doesn't bother me since height doesn't always equate to "power".

True, but I liked it in the first movie when it looked like they were about the same height (scene near the end when Odin puts his hand on Thor's shoulder).

Oh, and one thing about the mid-credit scene. I didn't like...

[BLACKOUT] ...the look of the scene, although I believe I like the story it starts to tell. But unfortunately, it looked like a scene from a cheap science fiction movie from the 70's.[/BLACKOUT]

Not really a Thor fan, but I have to admit TDW rocked, a great watch,
well done Marvel, until......

I ****ING HATED THE POST CREDITS SCENE WITH THE COLLECTOR !

for 2 main reasons.

1) the characterization of the Collector, who is supposed to be an Elder of the universe, a mysterious immortal being of immense power. Del Toro played him
like a drag-queen hairdresser... "One down, five to go." is the best that an ancient cosmic immortal can do ? Usually I like Del Toro, but here he was woefully miscast
and got the character completely wrong.

And his collection ? It looked like a run down
pawn shop. The guy has elements of every part of the universe, rare, wonderful and terrible stuff in there, so really Marvel WTF ? did the Budget run out and it just happened that Ray Stevenson and Jaimie Alexander hadn't gone to their trailers yet and were still in costume.

2) continuity wise.....again WTF ? not being a fan of the infinity gem saga, I wasn't too keen to see it show up here. It would be a bit like Captain America visiting Xavier's school in an Avengers Post-credit scene, yes its the same universe, but not everyone's paths cross, or should cross.

NOw I know that some of you out there just loved this bit, and are rubbing your hands with glee for the infinity gem saga to unfold on the screen, this is merely
IMO, and I don't knock you for liking it. But I have to ask, honestly now
people, couldn't Marvel have done a waaaaayyyyyyy better job with this part ?

Other than that TDW was great.

Oh, and one thing about the mid-credit scene. I didn't like...

[BLACKOUT] ...the look of the scene, although I believe I like the story it starts to tell. But unfortunately, it looked like a scene from a cheap science fiction movie from the 70's.[/BLACKOUT]

Precisely ! Come on Disney WTF ?

I liked it as I don't really care about accurate portrayal of the comic version of the Collector (nor have I read that much with GotG) and I think the scene showed that Guardians can be some really fun space opera.

Does anyone remember that casting call for TDW?

Girls with "Hot Bodies" to be extras Must have “Hot Body” by that we mean attractive figure and you are comfortable wearing bikini or skimpy costume on set. Aged between 18 and 35 * Dress size between 6 and 12 * Any ethnicity
I didn't like that I didn't see much of that during the film.

The only thing that sticks out to me is Hogun disappearing so soon into the movie. Literally just seemed like they only had the actor for a day so did what they could with him.

Also I was looking forward to seeing Tyr but looks like his scenes were cut

Last edited:
The lack of character development. First of all, the villain is very weak and when I say weak, its not about physical strength, its about being a character. Not only there was little background to Malekith, he just didn't have any personality, he was very stoic. I also couldn't care about his henchman. Then the supporting characters that we already saw in the 1st movie didn't do much and I don't they improved from the 1st movie. We didn't know anything new about Sif and the Warriors Three. Odin wasn't really interesting in this movie. Heimdall didn't do much besides his 1 action scene. I couldn't care less about Jane's friends and actually my least favorite scenes before the climax were the scenes from Earth. It only made sense to me that they keep showing those three (including the new intern) when they will help Thor in the climax. Then it raised another question to me, Asgard is so advance in technology yet they don't have this machine/equipments that Jane are using? Then Thor, I liked that in the 1st movie, it was a journey of a boy turning into a man, but in this movie? I don't know what to say.

Visually, the tribute to Thor's mother was stunning, amazing visuals right there. But the problem is I just don't care for the character and they didn't show that were really grieving. First of all, where's the tears? And then this Loki-mother relationship came out of nowhere. Well they just had 1 scene in this movie and in the 1st Thor movie, I never found them to have this strong connection. Good for Loki that we saw another layer from him but I just don't think it was executed very well.

Humour. I didn't like the humour at all. I thought it was very unnecessary and I just feel like its very kiddie. In theater I went, it got laughs from kids and girls. But I didn't laugh at all and I don't hear any guys laughing. Loki saying "tadah", Jane Frost punching Loki's face, the shape-shifting scenes which featured Captain America. They just felt very forced and natural. And I didn't expect Loki to be joking around that much. And I don't like when Thor took a subway ride, not the best time for that.

The relationship between Thor and Jane Frost was meh. You know what one of the things I liked in the first movie was the relationship between Thor and Jane but in this movie, I just don't think Thor is really attracted to Jane. Heck, if Jane didn't get that red smoke, Thor probably wouldn't have visited her. Thor has been visiting other realms for quite some time and that machine that Loki broke in the first movie was fixed for some unknown reason. Then when Jane got that red smoke and she started to feel weak (starting when they rode that weird-looking plane), I don't feel any sense of feeling from Thor that he might lose Jane just like his mother and Loki. Miss opportunity right there. I don't know if they explained this or not, but I don't remember them explaning why Thor/Odin aren't exploding but when Jane was touched by an unnamed character, that person exploded right away. I know Thor/Odin are gods but they didn't explain that.

And lastly, the flow of the movie wasn't really good. I just don't like the structure of the movie. Then if you're not paying that much attention to the movie, I don't think you would understand some things. Like for example, I got this realigning of realms but I don't think they explained that much and yes I remember that scene of Selvig discussing about it. Also things went so fast especially the ending, just 2 scenes before the credits after all that trouble. And the last scene was confusing and I wish they handled that differently especially with Loki still being alive. Then the mid-credits scene was interesting but a bit random and it could have been executed better, I wish they had a scene capturing that red smoke and then there's a scene of Thor or someone telling Sif and that redhead guy to take it to the Collector. And the mid-credits scene wasn't filmed very nicely, it looked rushed.

And another minor problem. In some of the daylight scenes, the lighting was a bit dark and I didn't like it and it was very noticable.

Last edited:
core story was underwhelming.

Everything else was good though.

It does seem like Marvel is deliberately making it seems like their phase two films will be darker and more epic in the pre-release marketing. However, they're actually much more comedic than their predecessors. It happened with IM 3 and it happened here two. I can see why that might piss some people off.

I only watched the first trailer once i think, but i liked the first thor very much so thaat alone was my reson to see this.

imo, if you cut Selvig out of the movie most of the goofy humour would've been gone, the rest was a mix of good and manufactured humour.

It does seem like Marvel is deliberately making it seems like their phase two films will be darker and more epic in the pre-release marketing. However, they're actually much more comedic than their predecessors. It happened with IM 3 and it happened here two. I can see why that might piss some people off.

Exactly! Some people put it off as an invalid criticism, but if the movie is almost NOTHING what it's marketed as, then that's obviously a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"