The Dark Knight What Do You Think Our Ultimate Reward Will Be?

I would want a "prize" not to get it but to atleast to say it happened. You know like the Nine Inch Nails concert for year zero. I didn't get to go but it is still cool to talk about.

I'm gonna participate whether there is a tangible prize or not.

That said, I agree with Anita and Lucha that the 'prize' is the movie itself.

I just hope that we get the virals again. I am beginning to fear that they will not come back at all

primer or not i am going as harley and my husband the :hoboj: when we go see t dark knight. we are looking for as many people we can find here in seattle that would be interested in doing the same.
the only rule no :brucebat: because he just to serious

primer or not i am going as harley and my husband the :hoboj: when we go see t dark knight. we are looking for as many people we can find here in seattle that would be interested in doing the same.
the only rule no :brucebat: because he just to serious

Well when the movie comes out, I'll be in Portland, Oregon, so...

maybe.

In regards to the ARG, I don't think the final prize is the point - it's about getting some neat background info and immersing fans into the world of TDK.

I mean, look at the backlash when the cakes came out, then the IMAX screenings. People were totally upset when they weren't in the vicinity of the 22 bakeries or the 5 IMAX locations. If they had one premiere, you bet that it would have to be in either NYC or LA.

It would be cool to have a final caper at a particular location, but people have to realize what it's supposed to be before griping about how they can't get any of the "rewards."

"Backlash"? I think that was only among a rather vociferous minority. I, for one, was cake-less and harbored no ill-will toward those with-cake or the folks behind the viral campaign. It seemed like good-natured, if slightly un-egalitarian fun... People probably wouldn't have been so sore if WB had just released the Prologue in HD after the opening weekend of I Am Legend.

In response to the cakes. Yeah I was sad that I did not get a cake but I was not heart-broken over it.

Well its not that a prize at the end would be the whole POINT... but it definately adds some drive/weight to the game. You have to admit that a small feeling of "if i solve/find this thing first... i might get something cooler than everyone else" drives us to get to the bottom of some of these puzzles/games faster. And there's nothing wrong with that. In the end everyone works together, but if there wasn't that small feeling of competition it would lack a certain sense of urgency.

The people in the NIN ARG (also run by 42E) that got cell phones were eventually led to a small private NIN show that was broken up by a "SWAT team" in a theatrical manner. That's cool. It's not really a "prize" just icing on the cake for busting a** to solve the clues first.

When I heard 22 people got cakes and Joker phones, I was excited for them. I wish I could have gotten one, but I didn't, oh well.

All we can do now is hope that there is another VC again and that we can do another "chase for the prize"

oh so is it for sure that they are continuing the Viral Campaign with a different focus than joker or not??

wait what is this grand prize for??
Just kind of speculating whether there could/would be a "winner" to the viral marketing campaign/games. In other Viral campaigns run by 42E, people who received cell phones sometimes ended up getting involved in promotions that could be considered a "prize"

oh so is it for sure that they are continuing the Viral Campaign with a different focus than joker or not??
Still very up in the air. No one knows for sure, but there's a lot of theories floating around the various threads.

In the end, I guess we are to just and wait and see what the "Final prize" is in the end.

I hope that it just doesn't end here.

A trip to the premiere to sit with all the actors who played the "bad guys". That would have been my guess

The movie. This is an ad campaign, not a contest. It's very, very rare that something like what happened with the NIN Year Zero situation happened, and even that was only a free mini-concert for people who were already in the area. In fact, that's the only time I can recall there ever being a prize of any sort for a viral campaign.

The movie. This is an ad campaign, not a contest. It's very, very rare that something like what happened with the NIN Year Zero situation happened, and even that was only a free mini-concert for people who were already in the area. In fact, that's the only time I can recall there ever being a prize of any sort for a viral campaign.
*sigh* I know. But a boy can dream! :oldrazz:

I get what your saying, and your probably right, but, I would argue that the scope of the TDK campaign is larger than the NIN effort, and even if there was no "grand prize" like a premier for instance, all of us would be thrilled to get more memorabilia from the film...that doesn't seem out of line considering we've been awarded newspapers, cards, masks, and IMAX passes already.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the movie is the great prize at the end. And we'd all play along if only for the experience of solving puzzles and chasing cakes...but getting more fun rewards doesn't seem like expecting too much.

I hope that during this viral marketing campaign that they do a prize like what they did for the Gotham Times papers.

:ninja: WB NINJAS-:ninja: A thing to give us and to promote the movie is to give us Joker bank robbery masks.

I get what your saying, and your probably right, but, I would argue that the scope of the TDK campaign is larger than the NIN effort, and even if there was no "grand prize" like a premier for instance, all of us would be thrilled to get more memorabilia from the film...that doesn't seem out of line considering we've been awarded newspapers, cards, masks, and IMAX passes already.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the movie is the great prize at the end. And we'd all play along if only for the experience of solving puzzles and chasing cakes...but getting more fun rewards doesn't seem like expecting too much.

Oh, I'm sure if it continues we'll get more small things, like Gotham Times, or a cake in a couple major cities...but, a premier? no, I dont think so...

How about the grand prize be that the "Goons" pick us up all in district 22 buses and drive us all the way to the premeiere like everybody that was submitted to rorys death kiss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"