what films should have Sequels, and What films should be rebooted?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
Theres alot of films out there that could have sequel after sequel after sequel, like James Bond or Harry Potter. But then there are films like Batman quadrilogy or Hulk that should of really been rebooted.

so my question is, what films would you like to see have more sequels and which would you like to see rebooted.

i have a few thoughts on some.

Jurassic Park.
> I think the 1st movie was brilliant and the second was ok, but by the third it was a little bit of a same old same old by that point. However i feel there needs to be a Jurassic Park 4. Mostly because there is alot of explaining to do... Most trilogies work there way round to a conclusion, however each Jurassic Park movie was self contained. so there was no grand ending to the story... leaving you thinking there should of been more. I believe Jurassic Park 4 could vindicate the series.

There were elements that worked in all 3 movies, all they need to do is combind them and make a movie that works. If they made Jurassic Park 4, they would need to set it back on site a, where the first movie was set... because of the length of time, the character of Tim should be a lead character but not essentially the main lead and finally there needs to be some kind of reason for the return which isnt a rescue or to save the day.

he Seven Samurai set in Afghanistan or Iraq would be great if it was done right. You could replace the farmer/samurai relationship with US Troops/civilians. The bandits with some sort of Al qaeda/insurgent group. Reaplace Toshiro Mifunes "wanna be" Samurai with a civilian rebel who wants to help the Americans. Takashi Shimura's old Samuria with a general of some sort. And the young Samuria as a 16-17 year old barely in the forces. They could ese a similar start/ending ratio in which the civilians fear and hate them at the beginning, sort of become one group of people by the middle and revert back to the divide they originally by the end, with a sombre ending Could be a awesome movie is done right imo.

he Seven Samurai set in Afghanistan or Iraq would be great if it was done right. You could replace the farmer/samurai relationship with US Troops/civilians. The bandits with some sort of Al qaeda/insurgent group. Reaplace Toshiro Mifunes "wanna be" Samurai with a civilian rebel who wants to help the Americans. Takashi Shimura's old Samuria with a general of some sort. And the young Samuria as a 16-17 year old barely in the forces. They could ese a similar start/ending ratio in which the civilians fear and hate them at the beginning, sort of become one group of people by the middle and revert back to the divide they originally by the end, with a sombre ending Could be a awesome movie is done right imo.

That would actually be a really awesome idea! :up:

I mean, it worked for The Magnificent Seven, so it could definitely work for something like what you have in mind.

I would actually like to see The Warriors rebooted, the film can still take place within Coney Island and update the characters. I wouldn't want the Warriors themselves to be portrayed as semi-rapper in appearance, each member's style of dress would reflect their character. Introduce maybe a few smaller gangs, but keep the premise the same where the Warriors are framed for murder.

iwould love to see the rockteer reboted. they can upadated to today. i love that movie iwouldn't minde reboot of power ranger movie. they got new power ranger suamire on nickoldoen. i think they should reboot powerranger. i wish they would make decent supeermario brother movie. i got the 1990 verson it one of my favorie either make it cgi or live aciont. i hope theymake cgi. i wish they would make anotehr hulk moive already. what the hold up? inever unstood why thehy never made the squeal to nortons hulk movie. i wouldn't mind reboot of dear devil. their rebooting it right now.

for squeal
back to the futuuer part 4 man can dream can't he. I Heard if they makae that Christopher lloyd said he would like to g o back into the middle ages were their knights.
prince of pesia 2
the pink panther moive 3 . they madefiveor six of the older movie why not madefivo f the newer moviei love steve maritan.
the A-TEAM IWOULD love to ssee squeal to the A-TEAM
naitoanl trasuse 3 and 4 i herd they might make five i hadnt heard anyhting anbout them in a while

Last edited:
No Jurassic Park 4. The sequels sucked and like the Jaws sequels are forgotten. That's the way it should be.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Shadow rebooted/reshot/redone. And Elektra. And please somebody please please please reboot The Green Hornet, OMG please.

Finding Nemo and A Bug's Life need a sequel.

Sequels. The Terminator franchise has some good films in it. But you have to keep it away from studio hacks (Mostow) and music video girly men (McG).

The Predator franchise can go into infinity. Everytime one of them flops, wait ten years and make another sequel.

I detest reboots. They sicken me.

But...

Max Payne. R rated. John Woo. Clive Owen. Done.

The Punisher (2004) should of had a sequel.

Also another Hellboy.

Raimi deserved to make his Spider-Man 4.

Evil Dead needs a sequel & a reboot.

I don't know about a reboot for Evil Dead but I really wanted Evil Dead 4 .

I like this idea a lot.

I like two and three and thought the quility remained about the same.
They kept to the themes of the first movie pretty much in tact in two as three as well. The thing about all three is that even though they are kinda "monster movies", the Dinosaurs are still shown as just animals being animals with "man" pretty much creating the trouble himself. Even when you get the absolutely prosperous part of the T-Rex running around the city in Jurassic Park 2, it's explained it will look for water than food, which is precisely what it does. And the reason it being there, is due to greedy men trying to exploit the poor wittle dinosaurs. Then he munched up and we cheer for the T-rex like we do at the end of the first movie when it kicks the raptors butt! Because T-rex's are awsome.

IMO, of course...

Reboots

- Daredevil
- Logan's Run
- Escape from New York
- Neverending Story
- Spawn
- Warriors

Sequels

- District 9
- Goonies
- Hellboy 2
- the Incredibles
- Sean of the Dead

No Jurassic Park 4. The sequels sucked and like the Jaws sequels are forgotten. That's the way it should be.

I personally would like to see a Spielberg directed Jurassic Park 4 that brings a sense of conclusion to the series the way the Lost World novel did so in which the dinosaurs are fated to extinction.

I realize that many of these are in development/development hell:

Sequels:
Star Trek (2009)
Trick r Treat
Friday the 13th (2009)
Serenity
Spaceballs (too late now, but I remember Mel Brooks talking about wanting to do Spaceballs: The Prequel when the Star Wars prequels were coming out)

Reboot/Remake:
Highlander
X-Men (not any time soon, of course, but I would love to see an X-Men movie that centered on the actual origin of the X-Men, then added the later member as the series went)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Last Starfighter - "requel" (Tron: Legacy style)

Jonah Hex - reboot

The Punisher - reboot (How did they get this wrong three times?) Also, it MUST star Holt McCallany

Robocop - reboot

...and Zorro in the year 2236.

(just kidding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"