what films should have Sequels, and What films should be rebooted?

I really want to see modern day interpretations of Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon. One of the old sci-fi pulp serial heroes. Mainly, I just want another recurring space adventure series (ala Pirates of the Caribbean, but ya know, space!). Granted, the new Star Trek kinda fills that void, but what can I say, I'm greedy about this stuff.

And yes, I know there have been recent attempts at Flash Gordon, but c'mon, let's put some actual effort into it, Hollywood!

Also echoing the cries for an Incredibles sequel. That just needs to happen.

Star Wars deserves a decent reboot. Make all that expanded universe nonsense obsolete.

I'd be happy with a Knights of the Old republic trilogy.

Star Wars deserves a decent reboot. Make all that expanded universe nonsense obsolete.

Maybe you're just lazy to read books.

Anyway, the EU can be easily ignored by GL if he ever wants to do a sequel to the Original Trilogy. Look at what he's doing with the animated Clone Wars, it's starting to have inconsistencies with the Clone Wars EU.

You know, I posted some ideas I had in this thread yesterday of films I'd like to see, and then at the end, I said (as a joke) that I'd like to see Zorro in the year 2236.

I was trying to think of the worst possible character to "reboot" in some stupid, sci-fi would-be blockbuster way. And that's what I came up with.

And I wake up this morning to find that FOX IS ACTUALLY MAKING THIS F**KING MOVIE. I SH** YOU NOT.

We've officially reached the bottom.

Reboot Fantastic Four and Resident Evil... and Mortal Kombat

SEQUELS:

A Bugs Life 2

The Incredibles 2

Star Wars: Episode VII; VIII; and IX

The Incredible Hulk

REBOOTS:

X-Men

Fantastic Four

Ghost Rider

Blind Fury

Dare Devil

Elektra

Punisher

X-Men (not any time soon, of course, but I would love to see an X-Men movie that centered on the actual origin of the X-Men, then added the later member as the series went)

Well... aren't you in luck then? :cwink:

The Seven Samurai set in Afghanistan or Iraq would be great if it was done right. You could replace the farmer/samurai relationship with US Troops/civilians. The bandits with some sort of Al qaeda/insurgent group. Replace Toshiro Mifune's "wanna be" Samurai with a civilian rebel who wants to help the Americans. Takashi Shimura's old Samurai with a general of some sort. And the young Samurai as a 16-17 year old barely in the forces. They could ese a similar start/ending ratio in which the civilians fear and hate them at the beginning, sort of become one group of people by the middle and revert back to the divide they originally by the end, with a somber ending. Could be a awesome movie is done right imo.

This is an interesting idea. The only problem I have with it is that The Seven Samurai have been reimagined to death over the years. You have The Magnificent Seven. Then there's Roger Coreman's Battle Beyond The Stars. There's a Chinese version called The Seven Swordsmen. Mystery Men is basically a comic book superhero version of Seven Samurai. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a Sword and Sorcery B-movie version floating around out there somewhere. I'm afraid your Seven Soldiers idea would likely just get lost in the shuffle.

I could really wish for a movie sequel to the Incredible Hulk. I have nothing against the possiblity of a TV-show, but I want a movie. I want to have a conclusion with Thunderbolt Ross, Samuel Sterns, and the romance with Betty. To bad Edward Norton is out the window.

I also agree. Of all the Pixar-movies (except Toy Story of course), The Incredible is THE ONE that really earns a sequel. And it would be great.

Finding Nemo should NOT have a sequel. When it comes to A Bug's Life I don't really have an opinion, but I doubt it would be that great.

I also wish they could wait a bit more with the Spider-Man and Fantastic Four-reboots. I wish they had made Spider-Man 4 instead (even though I really disliked the third), but the Fantastic Four needed a reboot. But not so quickly!

And no more Indiana Jones now! Please no Shia Lebouf!

And whoever suggested a reboot of the Neverending Story. Silence infidel! I love the old classic :D

They should stop making the Narnia-movies. And they should soon make another D&D-film. A totally new one/reboot.

They should stop making the Narnia-movies. And they should soon make another D&D-film. A totally new one/reboot.

Well, I think they'll stop making Narnia movies when they run out of Narnia books, lol.

As for D&D? I totally agree 110%! The first one sucks all kinds of awful. The second one would have been awesome with a bigger budget and a known cast. There are plans for a third, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

They should either do a whole new story with whole new characters, and just call the movie Dungeons & Dragons. Or they should do a live action adaptation of the Saturday morning animated series.

Well, I think they'll stop making Narnia movies when they run out of Narnia books, lol.

I really don't hope they will ruin the remaining ones as well.
I have small hopes that they could do good with The Horse and His Boy, and maybe, maybe the Silver Chair but after VotDT: NO!

As for D&D, I agree with your first suggestion. It does not have to be related to the two old movies at all (maybe the name Damodar could be mentioned as a reference but nothing more than that). Use a classic campaign and really make a movie about a GROUP of adventurers. And have tons of geeky trivia from the rules and lore of D&D.

I'd love to see one last Escape sequel with a grizzled old Snake Plissken.

Predators needs a sequel

Hopefully a third Kill Bill movie happens

If Ghostbusters 3 is ever going to happen it needs to happen right now because these guys aren't getting any younger. I'd hate to see that one rebooted.

I'd like to see Daredevil and the FF get rebooted

A Zorro reboot or Prequel would be good set during the early days of Diego Vega.

At some point down the road I'd like to see another try at I Am Legend.

I'd like to see:

Reboots:

The Black Hole (Walt Disney 1979)
SuperFuzz
Daredevil
Fantastic Four

Sequels

Star Wars (parts 7,8,& 9)
Independence Day 2
Star Trek
Star Trek: TNG ( I wish they would've had a better sendoff with closure)
The Last Starfighter

This is an interesting idea. The only problem I have with it is that The Seven Samurai have been reimagined to death over the years. You have The Magnificent Seven. Then there's Roger Coreman's Battle Beyond The Stars. There's a Chinese version called The Seven Swordsmen. Mystery Men is basically a comic book superhero version of Seven Samurai. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a Sword and Sorcery B-movie version floating around out there somewhere. I'm afraid your Seven Soldiers idea would likely just get lost in the shuffle.

While the template has been done quite a few times, I do think having it applied to that particular setting and setup would be especially potent to resonate for a Western audience much more so than the Magnificent Seven or the original Seven Samuria if done effectively to the themes of the original movie.

The Saint 2
Entrapment 2
Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2
Enemy of the state 2
Starsky & Hutch 2
The A-team 2: Plan B
The A-team 3
Johny English 3
Sahara 2 (Dirk Pitt 2)
After The Sunset 2
Twister 2
Elektra 2
Spider-Man 4 & Daredevil 2. A reboot is comingsoon, but i have liked to see a sequel.
Batman 4 (8)
The Day After Tomorrow 2
Bond 24
Mission Impossible 5
Die Hard 6
Prince Of Persia 2
Robocop 4. I do not know the franchise much.

Already in the making:

Bond 23
Triple X3 with Vin Diesel & Rob Cohen.
Independence Day 2 & 3
Terminator 5
Die Hard 5
Bourne 4.
National Treasure 3. With the return of
Sean Bean
And les dificult then the second one.

The Last Starfighter, Explorers, and Flight of the Navigator need to have a reboots.

I just finished re-watching Labyrinth, Would love to see a sequel to this. But only if Bowie and Connelly come back.

Maybe the plot can be about the Goblin king return, and he steals Sarah's young daughter to try and lure Sarah back into the Labyrinth.
Can't think of anyone to direct this. Dennis Lee and Terry Jones are still around, they can do the script.

Rebooted:

Friday the 13th - The remake was so bland, boring, and essentially platinum dunes-esque. Wasn't horrible, and I realize that it's hard to scare anyone in this world especially with Jason Voorhees, but they should have either tried to match the intensity of The Hills Have Eyes remake or just ham it up and basically make a modern day F13th part 6 Jason Lives.I wanted it to be a homage to 80's horror in the same way Zombie's Halloween was a homage to 70's horror but this time people could enjoy it for that reason because Jason isn't on the respect level of Michael Myers.

Godzilla - this is happening.

Power Rangers - I believe a serious Ranger film could work in the theater with the proper tweaking

Robocop - Only if done right. I don't want some wussy *****, 21st century politically correct, oh think about the kids PG-13 turd sandwhich. I want an R-rating, an obscenity every other word, excess blood and violence, materialism mockery, and the use of one of my favorite lines ever, *****es Leave.

Punisher - Make this a television show on HBO or Showtime, at the very least FX.

Spider-Man - This is happening, as we know. And I know some are skeptical. Hell, I am still skeptical. But the 2002 film was by far not the masterpiece everyone seems to splooge over. Just like Superman: The Movie, the 2002 spidey flick can be topped. Tobey Maguire was a great Peter Parker, but his wimp vibe carried over in the suit and the glib, wise cracking Spidey that I love was nowhere to be seen. Raimi ignorantly skipped over Gwen Stacy instead of seeing how great that story could be and went right to Mary Jane Watson with an actress on Kirsten Dunst that was simply an IT girl at the time an about as hot as a klondike bar. I know their is a certain amount of cheese with comic books and the Spidey character, but it was overblown here. And the stupid Goblin mask. Now, how The Amazing Spider-Man turns out is anyone's geuss, but I think the POTENTIAL is in place to best the 2002 version if given a chance. I only wish they had used Kingpin as a villian in ASM. It would have helped seperate from the Raimi/Maguire movies by having Spidey vs. a suit, a badass suit, but a suit.

Fantastic Four - Need I go on?

Sequels:

Green Lantern - Learn from your mistakes

Ghostbusters

A direct to dvd sequel to the original Halloween timeline that ended with The Curse of Michael Myers. Yea, this won't happen.

Jumper - Focus on another Jumper.

I Am Number Four

spawn could do with a reboot and totally agree with a robo cop reboot or robo cop 4

I always thought True Lies should've had a sequel. That deserved one more than Predator, and all the numerous Terminator sequels. There could've been one less Terminator movie and one more True Lies movie, especially now that Eliza Dushku is grown up.

Sequels I would like to see:
A third Star Wars trilogy, either in the Old or New Republic.
A Blade Runner sequel or prequel.
Spaceballs "3" (technically 2)
Gremlins prequel, set in World War 2 in the Pacific.
Alien Vs. Predator (not on earth)
The Book of Eli, follow up with Mila Kunis returning home
Predators, possibly a Gladiator/Running Man style plot set on their homeworld

Remakes/Reboots I would like to see:
Metropolis
Flash Gordon
Buck Rogers
When Worlds Collide
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Them! (Mars Attacks style)
This Island Earth
Forbidden Planet
Barbarella
Westworld
Logan's Run
The Final Countdown
The Last Starfighter (Online Game replaces the Arcade version)
Starman
Real Genius
Weird Science
Critters
Short Circuit
The Running Man (In the style of Reality TV gameshows, possibly online)
They Live (Updated with the role on the internet and cell phones in people's lives)
Universal Soldier, modern version set in the Middle East
Starship Troopers, close to the book, aka a power armor jockey's fantasy.
TMNT, with the Utrom aliens

GREMLINS!!!

Reboot, distant sequel, who cares? Just give me more Gremlins!!!!!!!!!!

And practical Gremlins too. I read the new interview with Joe Dante saying the studio once considered rebooting with "newer technology." If the Gremlins aren't real puppets than the studio can stick that movie up their ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"