What is Batman Strength level?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by explode7, Jan 28, 2006.

1. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Makes a certain amount of sense. I might put the strength a bit lower, simply because Batman just seems like the type of fighter who'd put more emphasis on speed rather than strength, but that does make a good amount of sense.

2. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Well, that's a problem DC's writers have. They try and have Batman doing all sorts of cool stuff without even stoping to think how ludicrous it sounds.

3. Bloodsword Registered

I think his strength level was increased after the "venom" story line. He had some lingering effects after. So he MAY be benching 700, but its with some help from the Venom left in his system.

4. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm fairly certain Venom doesn't work like that at all. And veen if it did, Bane (who is now off of Venom after using it quite regularly) is around the 700/800 pound area, and he's a ****ing tank. He's about seven feet tall and 300 pounds of pure muscle. He can probably barely fit through doors and the like. And again, I don't think Venom causes any permament changes. Bane stoped using the stuff and had to build his strength back up naturally, and even then he isn't as strong as he was on Venom (but he's still a ****ing tank of a man).

5. mano012sg Registered

Guys. You say Batman is at the Peak Fitness condition and speed. its a matter of balance.

Having said that, the guiness book of records has feats: lifting cars, pulling trains.aircraft etc: done by people like arnie himself or 'measly' looking priests, or shaolin monks. I mean having learnt 127 martial arts Batman of the fictional world should be able to flip his own batmobile turtle with his strength. I am talking in terms of 1000++ pounds or 2 tons at max. Sounds impossible till you see that Shaq O Neil himself does 1000lbs for his leg press alone.

By learning martial arts, his strength is increased functionally, while his speed is just as fast. Human being Bruce Lee could do things that belied his frame. Wat more about peak potential, fully muscular Batman?

6. ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

ahh is that all? I would hope the number is larger then that. I can bench 300 atomatically after a long period of not working out. I think he should be able to atleast bench 400-700 as much as he trains.

7. Mr. Socko Registered

Batman just looks like a huge bodybuilder in alot of the comics.

8. Frosty81 Registered

The current Batman is often drawn to be as big as the most well built body builder. He is also seen being as fast as an olympic sprinter. In reality it has to be one or the other, or some combination of the two. The 80's Batman was probably the closest to balancing strength and speed within the confines of comic book art. The greatest of all artists, Jim Lee, depicts Batman as being absolutely huge, but amazingly quick. Tim Sale does the same. In reality, there is no way one can be that strong and move that fast. The human body doesn't work that way so some compromise must be made.

- Chris

9. Saint The Devil's Robot

Jim Lee is hardly "the greatest of all artists."

10. Frosty81 Registered

:confused:

- Chris

11. War Lord Registered

Professional basketball players are very quick and they average close to 7 feet tall. I only bring it up to refute the point that bigness must compromise quickness or agility. Shaq isn't slow and he's 7 feet and 300 lbs.

Here is how Batman is plausible. Plausible doesn't mean reality, but simply possiblity:

1. His strength is because he's on the very upper end of fast twitch. This means that he can have a lot of power and strength without necessarily needing a lot of muscle mass, incomparison to most powerlifters who typically don't have a lot of power, but strength.

2. He has a very low percentage of fat, so the fact that he's 215 lbs (I think he should weigh closer to 230 with the same low fat percentage) means that if he was the average 15%, he'd weigh closer to 240 lbs.

3. He's not so much as quick as well practiced. The reason why he appears quicker than he is because every move he makes has been practiced ten thousand times. He doesn't have to think about what to do, which aids his agility.

4. Where he would lose is his endurance, because if he's primarily fast-twitch, he'd be strong and fast but couldn't last in an extended fight. Mind you, he really doesn't need endurance because of of what he does relies on the surprise and quick and because he's so skillful, his fights probably don't last very long either. Also, because he is so strong, most of what he does doesn't really tax him so it appears that he has lots of endurance. I would say that this was the primary reason for him losing against Captain America in the cross-over.

12. War Lord Registered

I don't think he likes Jim Lee.

13. Frosty81 Registered

I agree with most of what you have to say. But the more you run, the leaner your muscles become. Shaq is 7ft plus. His weight is not applicable to a 6ft man or a 5ft man. If someone were to move as Batman is portrayed to, like a gymnist, your muscles wouldn't be that bulky. You would be "cut" to no end, but not huge.

- Chris

14. Frosty81 Registered

:confused:

- Chris

15. warren_sparta27 Registered

someone doesn't like Jim Lee :(

16. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Not all training necesairly increases how much you can bench. Batman is a fighter. Menaing his training would logically concentrait on speed and agility more than strength.

17. ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

Honestly, Jim Lee is the best DC Comics has to offer right now. I don't know about his rank of ALL time artists.....but, as of today's artists...he's defintely up there all right.

18. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I hardly think he's DC's best. His art is nice, but it's all style and no substance. I much prefer Frank Quietly's art.

19. ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

Yes Bats is a fighter, but you have to consider that since he doesnt kill he has to train like a firefighter. When I was in fire camp the strength levels were between 300 to 620 bench. Im just assuming he must be strong because of all the heavy bodies Ive seen him hoist out of burning buildings and so on. So just imagine how formidable a person would be if they included speed+agility+strength

20. deemar325 Registered

You realize Batman is a normal human with no super powers?

So your question is redundant, how strong is an peak athlete? theres your answer.

21. deemar325 Registered

Ditto. :up:

22. StorminNorman Registered

But see it doesnt work that way, Batman is a comic book (or movie) hero and thus can have super powers while being normal humans.

23. StorminNorman Registered

I have not seen much of Lee's art (relative noobie as far as Batbooks go), but I was very very impressed with HUSH.

24. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

1) Why would the fact that he doesn't kill mean that he would have firefighter training?

2) The human body doesn't work like that. If you're as strong as a human being can possibly be, you can't also be as agile or flexible. I'm sure the people who you trained with who could bench 620 pounds weren't as agile as they could be. Batman would want the proper blend of speed, agility, strength, and reflexes. Seeing as how speed is much more of a factor in a fight than strength, then he would probably concentrait more on speed and agility. So, I'd say 300-350 pounds would be his strength level.

Yeah, but that would be ****ing ******ed.

25. StorminNorman Registered

You miss understand me, I am not saying that writers can just give Batman the powers of spiderman (they can but it would be as you said retarted), I mean that they can have them surpass normal human limits. Thus comparing Batman's ability to that of a peak athlete is a flawed case, of course now I relize I am actually having a conversation about a fictional characters Strength and feel ashamed.