What is Batman Strength level?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by explode7, Jan 28, 2006.

1. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

That would still be ****ing ******ed. If they say he's just a normal human with training, they should write him as such.

2. StorminNorman Registered

But fiction action heros are never normal humans. If Batman gets in a spot and he needs to do something that would normally be humanily impossible, but not exactly super human he does it. If Batman gets shot he recovers. If Batman breaks his back he comes back to fight another day. None of these are "super powers" but they are impossible for normal human beings, however they need to happen inorder for the next comic to come out. Its not just comics but action movies and the what not. When you are creating something you have no limits, in real life it does not work that way.

3. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

One can recover from being shot. And when Batman's back was broken, he went through months of physical therapy and had the help of a metahuman healer to get back into fighting condition.

4. StorminNorman Registered

So you are saying that one can sustain the beatings Batman has taken over his comic book life and be A Okay? No. Its a comic (or movie or whatever) and thus the characters are never limited to normal human limits.

5. ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

6. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Obviously he's going to be scarred as **** (which he is), but he wears body armor, which does protect him (that being it's job and all). And, it is possible to get shot and recover. Like I said, he wears body armor, so most of his injuries are cuts, bruises, minor bullet wounds, and the occasional broken bone. It's not like he's being put into traction every other week. And like I said, with his back breaking, he did go through months of physical therapy and had the help of a metahuman healer.

And yes, if the characters are well written, then they should be limited to normal human limits. Otherwise, it's just lazy writing.

That doesn't mean he has firefighter training. Just that he's pulled some people out of burning buildings on occasion. And it's not like it's something he does regularly. It happens very rarely to him, I'd think.

7. ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

Meh, over the years........a couple times I'd assume.

I'd be more inclined to think he took alot of "dodge-the-bullets-or-die" training........those are much more common.

8. explode7 Registered

Jeez I didn't know this thread will become so popular.

9. Mr. Socko Registered

And to think it still has nothing to do with Batman 2.

10. explode7 Registered

11. Jplaya2023 Registered

Batman at his prime with no venom payload in the DC universe can bench 650+ pounds i beleive

With the venom payload its well over 1 ton

12. explode7 Registered

Really? But does he or has he really used his full strength in the movies or comics?

13. Jplaya2023 Registered

No he hasnt in the comics or movies but in TAS when he became rage batman prime he used his full strength and fighting abilities.

14. Savage Earth Rocker

Actually, he did use it in the movie. When he lifted Ra's with one arm. One bicep curl with a 200+ pound man. THAT is insane!:eek: Musta drank a truckload of milk.

15. War Lord Registered

It was more of a press than a curl.

16. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Well, it definately seemed like one of those "kid trapped under a car and mom lifts the car" moments. Bruce was obviously running on adrenaline there. I mean, if you had been in that situation, wouldn't you be?

17. mano012sg Registered

If you want to see a believable comic character to cross-reference batman,
    I suggest you look at Hiko Seijuro of Rurouni Kenshin. He's huge yet well proportioned, yet belivably as powerful as he's potryed to be, with raw power (perfectly interchangable immense strength and speed). So with that, Batman could conceivably lift quite a >500 lb hefty weight with little problems, adding in years of refinement, and hence the deceptive toned body. with a little touc hup on his wardrobe, Bruce can appear campy and unassuming without putting his Bats identity at risk

18. GoldGoblin Registered

^So he can bench half of what I do.

19. Jplaya2023 Registered

thats because you take steroids

20. GoldGoblin Registered

^No,Goblin serum:)

21. ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

Dude.......ewwwww.......that sounds soooooo wrong.

22. krpton2 Registered

Lower than superman.

23. mano012sg Registered

which shows you don't know a **** about world class fitness

24. War Lord Registered

I know enough that it's impossible to be the peak of human strength and endurance at the same time.

25. mano012sg Registered

Which is not enough of knowledge. Impossible is nothing. Its balnace.
    And freaking hell...if a bloddy animal's powers are measured in terms of their own body measurements, shouldn't comic batman break some human limits and follow that scheme of thought? probably maxing at 5 times his body weight in terms of strength or 10 times of per second of his height (60 km/h sprint) in terms of speed. That's not too fast for a peak comic athelete, a fluffy ostrich can run faster. without combining speed and strength about with skill alone about 3x more powerful than bruce Lee.

Boy, He'll be able to --
    Lift: 600 kg @ 120kg body wt
    Hold: 60 kg flat out like it were a tea cup for almost as long (so you can imagine him shaking the daylights out of 180 kg men with one hand)
    Run: 40km/h (faster than any human world sprint record)
    Sprint: 60-70 km/h (>1.5 x faster than human sprinter, about as fast and graceful as a deer or rhino)
    Endure: a knock in the gut of 3 ton pressure or an endurance of 300 kg like it he were its support (trained exercise + mastery of Iron Body Chi Kung techniques from Qigong, Tai Chi, Kung Fu and Ninjitsu -- 4 of 127 martial arts he learnt).
    Reflexes: ~ 300 ft/sec (95 km/h) with pin point accuracy, not counting putting the full body into the action.
    Jump: 20 ft into the air ; Dive/Glide: 30 ft forward
    Leap a diagonal distance of 20 - 25 ft with a run up launch.

*These are all possible human- superhuman feats accomplished up to 75-80% by martial artists, 'feats' men etc...* I am extrapolating from facts that were just as close (Bruce lee could kick 10 ft in the air...its known that he leapt 8 feet to kick a light bulb. around the time of 'enter the dragon' it had increased to 10 feet) so compared to that Batman is a lucky westener with more power and more lifelong training and instruction than bruce lee, so inching up a little to jumping at 20 feet, for bruce, I don't think would be a problem for him and him alone.

By the way this isn't a fantasy that I HOPE batman to have. it is a caluculation that I EXPECT ( interms of "he jolly well have") Batman to meet or exceed.