The Dark Knight What is Batman Strength level?

StorminNorman said:
You miss understand me, I am not saying that writers can just give Batman the powers of spiderman (they can but it would be as you said retarted), I mean that they can have them surpass normal human limits. Thus comparing Batman's ability to that of a peak athlete is a flawed case, of course now I relize I am actually having a conversation about a fictional characters Strength and feel ashamed.

That would still be ****ing ******ed. If they say he's just a normal human with training, they should write him as such.

The Question said:
That would still be ****ing ******ed. If they say he's just a normal human with training, they should write him as such.

But fiction action heros are never normal humans. If Batman gets in a spot and he needs to do something that would normally be humanily impossible, but not exactly super human he does it. If Batman gets shot he recovers. If Batman breaks his back he comes back to fight another day. None of these are "super powers" but they are impossible for normal human beings, however they need to happen inorder for the next comic to come out. Its not just comics but action movies and the what not. When you are creating something you have no limits, in real life it does not work that way.

One can recover from being shot. And when Batman's back was broken, he went through months of physical therapy and had the help of a metahuman healer to get back into fighting condition.

The Question said:
One can recover from being shot. And when Batman's back was broken, he went through months of physical therapy and had the help of a metahuman healer to get back into fighting condition.

So you are saying that one can sustain the beatings Batman has taken over his comic book life and be A Okay? No. Its a comic (or movie or whatever) and thus the characters are never limited to normal human limits.

The Question said:
1) Why would the fact that he doesn't kill mean that he would have firefighter training?

quote]

since he doesnt kill I assumed he had some kind of training since I see him pulling criminals out of burning buildings.

StorminNorman said:
So you are saying that one can sustain the beatings Batman has taken over his comic book life and be A Okay? No. Its a comic (or movie or whatever) and thus the characters are never limited to normal human limits.

Obviously he's going to be scarred as **** (which he is), but he wears body armor, which does protect him (that being it's job and all). And, it is possible to get shot and recover. Like I said, he wears body armor, so most of his injuries are cuts, bruises, minor bullet wounds, and the occasional broken bone. It's not like he's being put into traction every other week. And like I said, with his back breaking, he did go through months of physical therapy and had the help of a metahuman healer.

And yes, if the characters are well written, then they should be limited to normal human limits. Otherwise, it's just lazy writing.

ObakeTora said:
since he doesnt kill I assumed he had some kind of training since I see him pulling criminals out of burning buildings.

That doesn't mean he has firefighter training. Just that he's pulled some people out of burning buildings on occasion. And it's not like it's something he does regularly. It happens very rarely to him, I'd think.

Meh, over the years........a couple times I'd assume.

I'd be more inclined to think he took alot of "dodge-the-bullets-or-die" training........those are much more common.

Jeez I didn't know this thread will become so popular.

And to think it still has nothing to do with Batman 2.

Batman at his prime with no venom payload in the DC universe can bench 650+ pounds i beleive

With the venom payload its well over 1 ton

Really? But does he or has he really used his full strength in the movies or comics?

explode7 said:
Really? But does he or has he really used his full strength in the movies or comics?

No he hasnt in the comics or movies but in TAS when he became rage batman prime he used his full strength and fighting abilities.

Actually, he did use it in the movie. When he lifted Ra's with one arm. One bicep curl with a 200+ pound man. THAT is insane!:eek: Musta drank a truckload of milk.

Savage said:
Actually, he did use it in the movie. When he lifted Ra's with one arm. One bicep curl with a 200+ pound man. THAT is insane!:eek: Musta drank a truckload of milk.

It was more of a press than a curl.

Savage said:

Well, it definately seemed like one of those "kid trapped under a car and mom lifts the car" moments. Bruce was obviously running on adrenaline there. I mean, if you had been in that situation, wouldn't you be?

darknight7 said:
Hmm, once again, not to be rude, but you kind of confused me with your arguement.

But what I am trying to say is, being able to see my brother do all these things, at 5'7 160lbs, makes it easy for me to beleive that Batman would be agile, fast and strong all at once. I don't beleive he would lose anything, because his body would be at the max human peak. He would be strong from training, allowing him to lift weights from 1 - (AT LEAST) 450lbs, at his size and weight, 6'2, 210lbs. Yet he would be just as agile as ever because he is doing cardio practically everynight for who knows how many hours, and he has to be able to throw fast/swift/strong shots as well.

Personally Batman would be just as fast as he is strong. I don't beleive there would be any deductions. Like I said before, my brother is fast as ever, and strong as ever. Seeing a real human being do what my bro can do, makes me beleive that someone with a more weight and training, could do alot more. lol.

Just my opinion, not saying yours is wrong:) :up: , just how I see things.

--dk7
If you want to see a believable comic character to cross-reference batman,
I suggest you look at Hiko Seijuro of Rurouni Kenshin. He's huge yet well proportioned, yet belivably as powerful as he's potryed to be, with raw power (perfectly interchangable immense strength and speed). So with that, Batman could conceivably lift quite a >500 lb hefty weight with little problems, adding in years of refinement, and hence the deceptive toned body. with a little touc hup on his wardrobe, Bruce can appear campy and unassuming without putting his Bats identity at risk

Orko Is King said:
Well, he's supposedly in peak physical condition, so I'd wager he can bench 250-300.

^So he can bench half of what I do.

War Lord said:
Professional basketball players are very quick and they average close to 7 feet tall. I only bring it up to refute the point that bigness must compromise quickness or agility. Shaq isn't slow and he's 7 feet and 300 lbs.

Here is how Batman is plausible. Plausible doesn't mean reality, but simply possiblity:

1. His strength is because he's on the very upper end of fast twitch. This means that he can have a lot of power and strength without necessarily needing a lot of muscle mass, incomparison to most powerlifters who typically don't have a lot of power, but strength.

2. He has a very low percentage of fat, so the fact that he's 215 lbs (I think he should weigh closer to 230 with the same low fat percentage) means that if he was the average 15%, he'd weigh closer to 240 lbs.

3. He's not so much as quick as well practiced. The reason why he appears quicker than he is because every move he makes has been practiced ten thousand times. He doesn't have to think about what to do, which aids his agility.

4. Where he would lose is his endurance, because if he's primarily fast-twitch, he'd be strong and fast but couldn't last in an extended fight. Mind you, he really doesn't need endurance because of of what he does relies on the surprise and quick and because he's so skillful, his fights probably don't last very long either. Also, because he is so strong, most of what he does doesn't really tax him so it appears that he has lots of endurance. I would say that this was the primary reason for him losing against Captain America in the cross-over.
which shows you don't know a **** about world class fitness

mano012sg said:
which shows you don't know a **** about world class fitness

I know enough that it's impossible to be the peak of human strength and endurance at the same time.

War Lord said:
I know enough that it's impossible to be the peak of human strength and endurance at the same time.
Which is not enough of knowledge. Impossible is nothing. Its balnace.
And freaking hell...if a bloddy animal's powers are measured in terms of their own body measurements, shouldn't comic batman break some human limits and follow that scheme of thought? probably maxing at 5 times his body weight in terms of strength or 10 times of per second of his height (60 km/h sprint) in terms of speed. That's not too fast for a peak comic athelete, a fluffy ostrich can run faster. without combining speed and strength about with skill alone about 3x more powerful than bruce Lee.

Boy, He'll be able to --
Lift: 600 kg @ 120kg body wt
Hold: 60 kg flat out like it were a tea cup for almost as long (so you can imagine him shaking the daylights out of 180 kg men with one hand)
Run: 40km/h (faster than any human world sprint record)
Sprint: 60-70 km/h (>1.5 x faster than human sprinter, about as fast and graceful as a deer or rhino)
Endure: a knock in the gut of 3 ton pressure or an endurance of 300 kg like it he were its support (trained exercise + mastery of Iron Body Chi Kung techniques from Qigong, Tai Chi, Kung Fu and Ninjitsu -- 4 of 127 martial arts he learnt).
Reflexes: ~ 300 ft/sec (95 km/h) with pin point accuracy, not counting putting the full body into the action.
Jump: 20 ft into the air ; Dive/Glide: 30 ft forward
Leap a diagonal distance of 20 - 25 ft with a run up launch.

*These are all possible human- superhuman feats accomplished up to 75-80% by martial artists, 'feats' men etc...* I am extrapolating from facts that were just as close (Bruce lee could kick 10 ft in the air...its known that he leapt 8 feet to kick a light bulb. around the time of 'enter the dragon' it had increased to 10 feet) so compared to that Batman is a lucky westener with more power and more lifelong training and instruction than bruce lee, so inching up a little to jumping at 20 feet, for bruce, I don't think would be a problem for him and him alone.

By the way this isn't a fantasy that I HOPE batman to have. it is a caluculation that I EXPECT ( interms of "he jolly well have") Batman to meet or exceed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"