Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What pairings could we expect?

For a while I was thinking Coulson and May but after this last episode I don't trust her and think it was fake chemistry. I like Simmons and that one agent who has the hots for her, cannot believe I can't remember his name

No, I think that she an Coulson have real chemistry (but not necessarily romantic chemistry) given their past history. We don't know how long May has been doing what she's doing.

Possibly...I'm really not a fan of her current pairing I would have loved it to be her and Coulson

Coulson - Ward

May - Fitz

Skye - Random Hot Supervillain

Simmons - Death

That's if I'm doing the pairing up. What we're likely to get:

Coulson - Lola

Fitz - Skye

Simmons - Ward

May - The Quinjet

Remembered this post from a while back, I guess you were semi-right that she'd be kissing on a bad guy.:woot: But yay SkyeWard's finally happening!

For the life of me, I can't help shake the feeling that Agent Triplett might still be undercover Hydra and is faking interest in Simmons. I really want to be proven wrong about the character's loyalty, only a few more episodes to go.

> FITZ-SIMMONS seems inevitable to me, the boy is clearly interested in evolving their relationship.

> DEATHLOK & GARRETT - Deathlok's rocket launcher and Garrett's (butt). :funny:

pr0xyt0xin
Simmons/Skye ontop of Lola. O_O
That one counts as a threesome, not a paring. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Fitz/Simmons will happen eventually, but Simmons/Triplett will happen first. They've been flirting since their very first scene. Triplett is the classic placeholder boyfriend to act as a obstacle to the real pairing.

Whilst I don't think pairings are vitally important to the show, I do like them and there are a few ideas of what I'd like to see happen.

I may be in the vast minority here, but I think Fitz and Simmons should just stay friends. They are good together but I think the characters could definitely look to expand their horizons relationship wise.

I actually like the idea of Fitz and Skye pairing off eventually. Never really got the Skye Ward thing myself (perhaps because I didn't think an awful lot of Ward's character). But Fitz and Skye after a while I could see happening, especially if Fitz's becomes a little more confident.

Just my two cents.

Ward and Skye only makes sense by them just being the most attractive, I mean when have we seen them have some kind of interaction where you might go, hey they could be a couple?

Same with Triplett and Simmons really, it just seems to be attraction and if you go that route then you might as well do it early rather than do a slow build up to it without showing much chemistry

Ward and Skye only makes sense by them just being the most attractive, I mean when have we seen them have some kind of interaction where you might go, hey they could be a couple?

Same with Triplett and Simmons really, it just seems to be attraction and if you go that route then you might as well do it early rather than do a slow build up to it without showing much chemistry

I tend to agree with this. Its a bit formulaic for my liking.

Beautiful people meet beautiful people. Nerds meet Nerds and thats it.

Hopefully we get a bit more to it than that. Fitz and Skye would be quite awesome to me. Speaking as a massive geek, it would be nice to see!!

Simmons and Triplett doesn't fit that bill at all. She's a nerd, he's not. She's a lab rat, he's a field agent, etc. Also, just jumping into a pairing is a really bad idea. You need to build it up and make people buy it first.

Pairings going forward after Ward gets fragged:

Coulson - May
Simmons - Triplett
Fitz - Skye

Ahhh the "Love Bus" .... to paraphrase Agent Garrett if i might:

Let's just fly'er up to ten thousand feet, blow a hole in her and ditch over the ocean before things get any worse.

Fitz/Simmons will happen eventually, but Simmons/Triplett will happen first. They've been flirting since their very first scene. Triplett is the classic placeholder boyfriend to act as a obstacle to the real pairing.

Remember this is Whedonverse. Remember Fred/Gunn and poor Wesley pining away.

I dunno how any of you can think Skyeward isn't gonna happen lol, Brett Dalton pretty much confirmed that they will be together and Chloe Bennet has been saying how much she believes they're soulmates. Fitz skye wouldn't work, Fitz clearly has feelings for Simmons and I don't see those magically disappearing and becoming feelings for Skye.

I dunno how any of you can think Skyeward isn't gonna happen lol, Brett Dalton pretty much confirmed that they will be together and Chloe Bennet has been saying how much she believes they're soulmates. Fitz skye wouldn't work, Fitz clearly has feelings for Simmons and I don't see those magically disappearing and becoming feelings for Skye.

If you have not seen Episode 19 (The Only Light in the Darkness) yet, you will probably change your mind about that Skyeward connection after the ending. :cwink: Just keep in mind that, allegedly, the actors did not know where their characters would be going when the season started.

I'm with you 100% on Fitz and Simmons. :up:

Last edited:

I'm not sure its necessarily a case of "magically disappearing" as it accepting reality. They've been friends for a long time and though he might be interested in evolving things, we've seen little indication that Simmons feels the same way.

Feelings can change depending on the situation. We've known Fitz has had a crush on Skye from early on in the series. I don't think its a huge leap to have those feelings grow as the story progresses.

I like Fitz and Simmons, I like FitzSimmons but I think they work best as best friends. Just my opinion obviously and I respect yours is different.

Remember this is Whedonverse. Remember Fred/Gunn and poor Wesley pining away.
Well, Fred and Wesley did end up together in the end, so I'd say that just proves my point if anything.

Well, Fred and Wesley did end up together in the end, so I'd say that just proves my point if anything.

Actually they didn't. Wesley had something with whatever that ancient god that possessed Fred was. Fred was dead correct?
Just her body?

Been years since I watched Angel. I freely admit my memory could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"