The Avengers What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought something along those lines, because i remember set photos of him in a diner, with stan lee, probably filming an alternate cameo, that looked similar to where she was,

Those saying that the CGI on the Hulk is not on par with WETA creations are on crack, he looks very consistent and amazing.

The CGI was good, but i wasn't as stunned/fooled by it as i was in 2002 when i saw gollum, or when i watched Avatar in '09. personally i still think 2003's hulk looked most photo realistic (in most scenes, especially when he's loose in San Fransico), although 2012 is the best looking hulk, 2003's looked like a big puffy baby and 2008's looked toooo ripped, didn't like how u could see all his muscle fibres
Iron Man was looking pretty good in most of his scenes

Last edited:
LOL! I've just seen there's an authentic pirate copy that just hit the web! The domestic audience is really being tested this next week! haha

I wonder which one is going to be the most pirated movie of the year, this or TDKR??

Last edited:
My main gripe with the movie was that there wasn't enough drama. Or peril. It was endless entertainment which was amazing but at no point did I feel that any of the characters were really in danger or the earth.

It was extremely disappointing how easily the huge dragon things were defeated. I'd been speculating for weeks how it was going to be a huge team effort to take it down and it turned out that Hulk just needed to punch it. Once. The Chitauri were so useless Hulk could have probably taken them all down by himself.

The most dramatic moments were the early interplay between the team when they weren't getting along, these bits I really liked.

Also - although I laughed at Hulk smashing Loki I think the ridiculously demeaning way in which it happened completely diminished him as the main villain, and almost turned him into abit of a joke. For the sequel the writers will desperately need to think of a villain that can physically challenge Hulk or it's all just too easy.

Last edited:
LOL! I've just seen there's an authentic pirate copy that just hit the web! The domestic audience is really being tested this next week! haha

I wonder which one is going to be the most pirated movie of the year, this or TDKR??
The Hobbit

Second time watching and the few kinks I noticed seemed fine. Yes they're still there but they're not unbearable.

I think the 2nd Act was pretty competent and necessary for such a film, purely because there's going to be people who will need **** spelled out for them.

I had a long conversation with somebody who thought the best film ever before this was any one of the Transformers three.

That kind of person is also unfortunately part of the Avengers' target audience and needs stuff like the 2nd Act.

I'd rather there be more tense character development like the 2nd Act of the Dark Knight, but all in all I've not seen too many better 2nd Acts if I'm honest in the Superhero genre.

Things I didn't like:
-Some of the interactions with the characters felt forced (most especially between Captain America and Iron Man before Hawkeye attacked the Hellicarrier).

-Nick Fury exaggerating that someone stole the power cube.

-Iron Man getting the last scene before the Thanos' cameo.

-Thor's sudden appearance. I was expecting to see him at Asgard and expected someone to tell him to go to Earth to stop Loki.

Last edited:
How did the old guy know that the Hulk would shrink down to a normal sized guy???

only nitpick!

Bur seriously Cap didn't seem to do much compared to the others. Loki kicked his butt and he needed IM to save him. Also IM single handedly repairing the falling Helicarrier while Cap struggles to take down one guy with a machine-gun!!! I know Whedon tried to treat him respectfully but compared to what Thor and the Hulk were doing, he still came across as a bit like the Aquaman of the Avengers. :)

I agree with this.

I was like "how could you not beat a guy with a gun and you are Captain America".

I agree with this.

I was like "how could you not beat a guy with a gun and you are Captain America".

There was actually multiple guys, I believe 6 or 7 or more, firing at Cap from a protective area while Cap was standing out in the open on the edge of 30,000 ft drop off. Cap had taken all of them out, switched the lever, and hadn't got to the last guy yet when IM showed up.

- The first act was someone scattered. I felt like the opening scene with the Chitauri happened way too fast with very flimsy explanations for their motivations. I also wanted to catch up with Loki just a little bit more instead "oh here he is with the Chitauri cutting a deal." The 3D also made those space scenes hard to look at.

-Thor was shoe-horned in. Was not asking for 20 minutes of expositions, but considering the importance of the BiFrost being destroyed in Thor I thought it was a disservice to have the explanation of his returned summed up by Loki's simple "So what kind of dark magic did the all-father conjure?" We got to catch up with all the other heroes before there was "any assembling." I wanted to know how Thor learned of Loki's presence on Earth.

-Wanted to see the Chitauri put up a better fight. They were definitely strictly bumbling goon material.
I agree with these.

How did the old guy know that the Hulk would shrink down to a normal sized guy???

only nitpick!

he didn't, he watched the hulk until he changed to banner and then brought clothes

he didn't, he watched the hulk until he changed to banner and then brought clothes

Not according the lines he specifically said.

he said.. paraphrasing.. you were a big green naked man, and I brought these clothes for when you shrink back down... or something similar to that. implying that he knew he should shrink back down.

this is all LOL anyway, as it was funny regardless.

Some complaints -
* The whole reason behind that invasion of Earth was to get Tessaract cube (cosmic cube) and rule the Earth, Loki already had the cube with him in the first act of movie, so why he needed an army when he had the most powerful and limitless source of power with him ?

* Loki is just talking to Hulk before Hulk smashes him, really ? Loki should have used his staff to attack Hulk.

Loki had the Tessaract to open a portal for the aliens to come down and help him take over and rule Earth. The Tessaract was then supposed to be given to Thanos.

Loki doesn't know how to use the Tessaract hence why he needs help to create machines to open portals. He also doesn't need the Tessaract, he just wants to rule Earth. The Tessaract is what Thanos wants as it should be assumed that he knows how to use it.

And Loki didn't have his staff with him when he faced Hulk.

Some complaints -

* Thor said that they thought that Loki was dead, so what made him come to Earth ?

That might not mean anything. Thor could of meant he believed Loki was deceased before this all went down. I haven't seen the film. Is this a big plot hole or misinterpretation?:wow:

Heimdall sees everything, it's not a stretch to believe he would tell Odin who would in turn tell Thor

I don't think it is so hard to buy that Odin is so powerful that when he finds out Loki is on earth killing people (maybe he always thought Loki survived?) and wanting to rule them he sends Thor to capture him. There is no way Loki knows all those secret paths between the realms and Odin doesn't. Odin may not use the dark magic (matter?) but it seems to me that he knows all about it he just isn't going to use it for a trivial reason (ie to send Thor back to earth because he has the hots for Jane) but stopping Loki is a helluva good reason. As much as I would love for there to be Asgard scenes it wasn't practical.

I don't like to dwell on negatives but one thing I had hoped for to be different was Loki's end. Hulk throwing him around like that made him weaker than Hulk strong as I think a clever trickster would be able to fool the least bright of the heroes. I guess I'm not always a fan of that brute strength is all that's required.

Mjölnir;23069661 said:
I don't like to dwell on negatives but one thing I had hoped for to be different was Loki's end. Hulk throwing him around like that made him weaker than Hulk strong as I think a clever trickster would be able to fool the least bright of the heroes. I guess I'm not always a fan of that brute strength is all that's required.

But... but... didn't you laugh? :woot:

No man, I also hated that part but some fans were going really berserk because I did.

But... but... didn't you laugh? :woot:

No man, I also hated that part but some fans were going really berserk because I did.
Yes, it was a funny beating, I just felt that it wasn't quite appropriate for Loki. At least not without him doing something more clever first, rather than just shouting.

Mjölnir;23069859 said:
Yes, it was a funny beating, I just felt that it wasn't quite appropriate for Loki. At least not without him doing something more clever first, rather than just shouting.

That's true. I wouldn't have minded Hulk doing that to an alien. But Loki deserved better as a character.

I was the exact same. For someone who is suppose to be 5 steps ahead of everyone, he goes out like a punk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"