What was the last TERRIBLE movie(s) you saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some movie with Renee Zellwegger on tv and immediately turned it off.

That wouldn't by chance be Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, would it? I don't remember how I got damn piece of garbage, and I don't watch as many movies as I should, but that was the worst piece of ***** movie I ever watched, but maybe not. I think I threw the damn DVD away.

Delta Force 2. The first one is no masterpiece but its enjoyable. The second one is just uninteresting and boring. Billy Drago is entertaining to watch ham it up though.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

Why did I loose my ability to pick out good movies this week? :doh:

Hannibal Rising

Why did you hate it so much? I thought it was alright as a one time watch, much like the sequels. Silence still kicks the **** out of them all of course.

Why did you hate it so much? I thought it was alright as a one time watch, much like the sequels. Silence still kicks the **** out of them all of course.

Because I don't think Hannibal needed an origin. Does insanity really need a tangible source? Does it really make any of the main trilogy any more creepy to know that Hannibal has psychological motivations for wanting to eat people? I think it dilutes Silence and the other two. I think villains who are supposed to be scary are much scarier when they have absolutely no motivations and just hurt people because they are purely evil at heart (when it's done in a non-cartoony way, of course).

The entire origin is also entirely ********. Hannibal eats people because Nazis fed him his kid sister. I summed up the whole movie and a whole human being in one entire line. You don't need the full two hours, you could've just put that on the poster. Doesn't that make the trilogy SO much better? :whatever:

I blame Harris, who was the sole author of both the book and the movie's screenplay, entirely. I heard that he was strong-armed into making a Hannibal origin with the threat that someone else would've written it, but he still could've made much more compelling story than what he came up with. Above all the gripes I had with the very existence of this movie, I hated it because it came across as a really dull, half-assed slasher movie.

Sorry to go off like that. Had to get it off my chest.

Last edited:
Out of sheer and morbid curiosity,

Carnosaur. ugh.

I remember watching that when I was a child after getting my dino "fix" with Jurassic Park. As a adult watching Carnosaur really just made me sick a little.

The last terrible movie I watched

The Wolfman

Because I don't think Hannibal needed an origin. Does insanity really need a tangible source? Does it really make any of the main trilogy any more creepy to know that Hannibal has psychological motivations for wanting to eat people? I think it dilutes Silence and the other two. I think villains who are supposed to be scary are much scarier when they have absolutely no motivations and just hurt people because they are purely evil at heart (when it's done in a non-cartoony way, of course).

The entire origin is also entirely ********. Hannibal eats people because Nazis fed him his kid sister. I summed up the whole movie and a whole human being in one entire line. You don't need the full two hours, you could've just put that on the poster. Doesn't that make the trilogy SO much better? :whatever:

I blame Harris, who was the sole author of both the book and the movie's screenplay, entirely. I heard that he was strong-armed into making a Hannibal origin with the threat that someone else would've written it, but he still could've made much more compelling story than what he came up with. Above all the beefs I had with the very existence of this movie, I hated it because it came across as a really dull, half-assed slasher movie.

Sorry to go off like that. Had to get it off my chest.

Don't be sorry, you have a lot of good points. It's the similar argument with Zombie's remake of Halloween and the original. In the original he's just evil, while in Zombie's version his insanity seems to stem from being in a bad household...or something.

One thing I have to say about that prequel is when he puts on the Samurai mouthpiece. It's a cheesy and cheap nod to the mouth piece he has on in Silence.

Don't be sorry, you have a lot of good points. It's the similar argument with Zombie's remake of Halloween and the original. In the original he's just evil, while in Zombie's version his insanity seems to stem from being in a bad household...or something.

^This is exaxtly my beef with Zombies version.

Giving too much backstory can really take away the terror. Not understanding something always can pay off in raising our fear if executed right.

One thing I have to say about that prequel is when he puts on the Samurai mouthpiece. It's a cheesy and cheap nod to the mouth piece he has on in Silence.

Oh god yes, that was a major eye-roll moment for me. The mask in Silence is a restraint, it's not like Jason's mask or something where it's a part of his identity. It's like Harris forgot that and only threw it in just because that mask became popular.

To further rant, because I shouldn't be sorry :-)awesome::oldrazz:)...I really hated the actor for Hannibal. His attempting to be suave like Hopkins was just really painful and lame. And did any of the filmmakers know that Gong Li is Chinese? They made her Japanese in the movie. It was pretty racist enough already to get your Asian character talking about honor and **** in her very first scene...

Last edited:

That's why I didn't seen Zombie's remake; I knew it was partly an origin story, and I'm just not interested in Michael Myers' tortured childhood.

I've been a big Zombie fan since his White Zombie days and I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses and really liked The Devil's Rejects. My girl and I missed seeing Halloween in the theatres so I ended up just buying it when it came out on video. While I didn't hate it, I was bitter that I bought it. I hope Zombie does his own thing again for his next film. I will not watch the Halloween sequel and I thought that animated film of his was stupid.

the expendables - good lord i knew to lower my expectations but they couldnt any lower and still terrible. stallonesskins looks so weird now.

Gulliver's Travel with Jack Black.

No, it's not out yet and also no, I wont see it when it is out, but it belongs here. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"