The Flash What will this new world look like? (spoilers inside)

My God, if they used this as an opportunity to break up Olicity/erase that relationship entirely, I would be so overjoyed I'd actually wet myself. :o

My God, if they used this as an opportunity to break up Olicity/erase that relationship entirely, I would be so overjoyed I'd actually wet myself. :o

Nah, Guggenheim will just make it so that one of the post-Flashpoint ramifications is Oliver died and Felicity became the Green Arrow in his place.

My one concern is now that WestAllen more or less happened, restoring the original timeline might give them an opportunity to reset this ship again (essentially what happens in the comics). I rather liked the natural progression of this ship,unlike the more or less shoehorned Olicity ship.

Nah, Guggenheim will just make it so that one of the post-Flashpoint ramifications is Oliver died and Felicity became the Green Arrow in his place.

As that would still mean they aren't together, I'd still take it. :o

On a more positive, but still Arrow related note, what are the odds Robert Queen plays a role in Flashpoint and serves a similar role to the one played be Thomas Wayne in the original story?

I think we may see the original timeline instead of the timeline from the first season or the flashpoint paradox timeline for season 3. We could have Barry's parents and the real Earth-1 Harrison Wells as season regulars.

I think we may see the original timeline instead of the timeline from the first season or the flashpoint paradox timeline for season 3. We could have Barry's parents and the real Earth-1 Harrison Wells as season regulars.
I doubt that. The whole point of him not saving his mother in the first season finale was because of unforeseen consequences. If him saving his mother would just bring back the ORIGINAL timeline that pre-dates the show, which from what we can see is supposed to be bright and shiny and hopeful, then no one's gonna want to go back to the show's timeline during S1 and 2. And that's gonna mess up the continuity with Arrow as well.

I am guessing that this will be how they'll manage to keep Wentworth Miller around next season.

Possibly Robbie Amell again, too?

When you think about the concept behind "Time Remnants" and how LOT has gone about using time travel, I think the only way an person can still enjoy this universe is by throwing logic out the window.

When you think about the concept behind "Time Remnants" and how LOT has gone about using time travel, I think the only way an person can still enjoy this universe is by throwing logic out the window.

I did that long ago, logic is overrated, obsessing over logic instead of just relaxing and enjoying the show would be such an incredible waste of my time. This is a universe where Barry grabbing someone while running 500 plus mph saves their life instead of shattering everything in their body and killing them instantly, logic never really came into it to begin with. Besides, time travel isn't a real thing, the rules are whatever the hell the show decides they are.

Last edited:

When it comes to LOT, where that nonsense sort of permeates every square inch of the show? Sure. Flash barely dips it's toe into those waters by comparison.

one major problem and one i doubt anyone on the writing team has thought of

if flash young barry was erased then he wouldnt be there when he time traveled back and saved everyone including star city from vandal savage when he obliterates oliver and kendra and carter and everyone else with the staff of horus. the flash saved the day there. to name one huge incident.

craaap! barry saved his mom by going back in time. now everything changes man, why would you rupture timeline like that barryy! he might not get his power also there's risk to that. might not even meet iris, reverse flash could be still alive. basically he just changed everything man all the works and achievements. oh ****! my head hurts barry you reckless bastard!!! :cmad:

Or, we all might finally get the comic storyline of flash!! Please let it be from #new52 ah! please make that happen it would be relief!!!! *sigh* :drl:

I have no idea. Personally I think it's because of the tug of war that was going on.

Mother lives, Reverse travels back to kill her, Flash travels back to save her.

That many changes for one period in time may have been too many things change and re-alterings at once. Like picture time as a piece of paper basically. You don't tear at it - it's fine. You have two people yanking it back and forth, chance are that piece of paper is going to rip. Or at least that's how I view it.

They'll probably go with something silly like that, that time is alive or whatever. Legends handles time in a similar manner.

The Berlanti shows seem really random, flexible and often contradictory with their rules for time travel.

Even on legends, we had multiple changes to the same time period with no consequences to the timeline.

]I did that long ago, logic is overrated, obsessing over logic instead of just relaxing and enjoying the show would be such an incredible waste of my time. T[/B]his is a universe where Barry grabbing someone while running 500 plus mph saves their life instead of shattering everything in their body and killing them instantly, logic never really came into it to begin with. Besides, time travel isn't a real thing, the rules are whatever the hell the show decides they are.

I just feel like the only reason we're forced to ignore this stuff is because the writers are lazy and don't respect the intelligence of their audience.

That being said, this show aims for a younger audience in how it is written, so we really can't expect sci-fi concepts to be executed well.

I must point out -the comic Flashpoint actually is 2 new worlds

1. the first new timeline will end up as a disaster for Barry. How many episodes will this last-not too many I hope.

2. the 2nd new timeline became the New 52. It as different from before but was not a disaster like the 1st flashpoint paradox timeline.

after Barry goes back and allows his mother to die again-this will be the new timeline with whatever changes from season 2.

Supergirl in this universe -maybe-i don't know

If they create a new timeline after this (like New 52), then none of the episodes of any of the past Berlanti DC shows would be in continuity.

It would be a continuity reboot.

That would be very messy and awkward for television. It was done in the comics because the comics needed it.

Although Arrow has sunk so much, makes me want it erased from existence, along with Guggenheim and Mericle.

If they create a new timeline after this (like New 52), then none of the episodes of any of the past Berlanti DC shows would be in continuity.

It would be a continuity reboot.

That would be very messy and awkward for television. It was done in the comics because the comics needed it.

Although Arrow has sunk so much, makes me want it erased from existence, along with Guggenheim and Mericle.
The New52 didn't need to happen.

Well it happened because sales fell and they needed to reinvent the brand.

Here's another question.. Why did Red Emblem Flash disappear?

Obviously Barry altered the timeline, so his past self never time traveled...

But shouldn't that mean the current Barry (white emblem) would also disappear...

Because his entire history has been undone and rewritten.

Season 3 will likely start with a dystopian Flashpoint type universe where Robert Queen is Green Arrow, and Barry - now powerless - enlists his help in returning the universe to the way it should be. They'll probably fold Supergirl's universe in somehow as well.

In the first few episodes the crisis will be solved, and a new universe will be created that will be virtually the same as the one before, but with Supergirl and crew incorporated into it.

We'll eventually get a sequence where Barry visits Oliver in the Arrow basement and hands him a letter from his father.

Barry changing his own past isn't going to affect anything other than Earth-1 (the Arrowverse proper), nor should it.

The thing that people either aren't aware of or are just flat-out ignoring is that Supergirl's production team began working on storylines for Season 2 several weeks before it was announced that the series would be moving from CBS to The CW, and that, as a result, 'folding' "Earth-S" into the Arrowverse proper would mean that all of the work they have done up to this point (and are likely continuing to do) would have to be thrown out for no other reason than that fans don't want to see SG separated by the Multiversal barrier.

Yeah, he changes everything back to normal in the end.

It's actually not back to normal, though. There are changes throughout the DC Universe (Superman not married to Lois, characters being younger and having new origins, certain stories never happened, etc.)

It's actually not back to normal, though. There are changes throughout the DC Universe (Superman not married to Lois, characters being younger and having new origins, certain stories never happened, etc.)

I just learned that about the comic. To most who read the comic out of sequence of the larger DCU and have no knowledge of how the New 52 began, it does ring as leaving no real lasting impacts. That's the way the animated adaptation plays out as well.

So the question is really two-fold, will things still change like they did in the comics or will it be like the animated adaptation where it didn't really leave any lasting changes and acted more as a 'It's A Wonderful Life' tale.

I just learned that about the comic. To most who read the comic out of sequence of the larger DCU and have no knowledge of how the New 52 began, it does ring as leaving no real lasting impacts. That's the way the animated adaptation plays out as well.

So the question is really two-fold, will things still change like they did in the comics or will it be like the animated adaptation where it didn't really leave any lasting changes and acted more as a 'It's A Wonderful Life' tale.

Probably the second, though this could be an opportunity to bring back some deceased characters in both Flash and Arrow.

Barry changing his own past isn't going to affect anything other than Earth-1 (the Arrowverse proper), nor should it.

The thing that people either aren't aware of or are just flat-out ignoring is that Supergirl's production team began working on storylines for Season 2 several weeks before it was announced that the series would be moving from CBS to The CW, and that, as a result, 'folding' "Earth-S" into the Arrowverse proper would mean that all of the work they have done up to this point (and are likely continuing to do) would have to be thrown out for no other reason than that fans don't want to see SG separated by the Multiversal barrier.

yeah buf for corssovers it's very problematic if supergirl is still on another earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"