What would happen if the President committed suicide?

War Lord said:
If the president committed suicide, about 80% of the Hype would whoop with celebration for about 15 minutes and then leave the Hype because they've got nothing else to say.

you know that really says something that 80% of us hate him. I wonder why. :confused:

New poll puts the Presidnet' approval ratings at 32% LOL! Even Republicans hate him.

I'm one of the bigger liberals on this board.

I don't think they could cover it up for that long and I'm actually not sure they would. Information is spread like wildfire these days. And then Dick Cheney would be president...*shudder*. One thing I think they might do is make it look like a murder to make Bush look like some sort of martyr or at least make people feel more sympathy and to push the neo-con agenda even more with phrases like "this is what Bush would have wanted."

Maybe Bush's suicide would give him a heart attack.

Spider-Bite said:
you know that really says something that 80% of us hate him. I wonder why. :confused:

New poll puts the Presidnet' approval ratings at 32% LOL! Even Republicans hate him.

Most polls only reflect a current situation and the questions asked, not necessarily people's true thoughts.

War Lord said:
Most polls only reflect a current situation and the questions asked, not necessarily people's true thoughts.

It's liberal spin! Americans still love him! :rolleyes:

your right. It reflected the question do you approve or disaprove of the president's job performance?

And every month for several, several months the head line has been Bush's approval ratings lower than they have been since he took office.

but each month they get lower. he keeps setting new records.

Lets see at 2 points per month then less than two years from now he'll be in the negatives. LOL.

KingOfDreams said:

Bush needs to quit borrowin his defense lines from Michael Jackson. It's the tabloids. It's the media. :rolleyes:

KingOfDreams said:

I'm not saying that at all. I can ask a question in varient of ways and get a different answer.

If some real good news of some kind happened that improved the life of the American people and you had this poll again, people's impression of the president would improve.

yes but it's indeniable that Bush's approval ratings are in the lower 30s, and it's gonna get lower because gas prices are now an issue.

Spider-Bite said:
yes but it's indeniable that Bush's approval ratings are in the lower 30s, and it's gonna get lower because gas prices are now an issue.

I don't deny that, but it's not likely that Bush can do anything about the gas price.

It's more likely that the reason why gas prices are rising is that we're headed for a change in our source of energy.

Alternative energy. Republicans solution is to drill in Alaska. VERY BAD IDEA!

For one yes it would help the gas prices for a very very very SHORT time period.

However it's extremely dangerous. It could be a major, major, major ecological disaster.

Spider-Bite said:
Alternative energy. Republicans solution is to drill in Alaska. VERY BAD IDEA!

For one yes it would help the gas prices for a very very very SHORT time period.

However it's extremely dangerous. It could be a major, major, major ecological disaster.

It wouldn't be an ecological disaster. Alaska is a very big state and the area that needs to be drilled is actually fairly small.

I agree that, long-term, it's not a real solution. We're going to see some big changes in the very near future.

a tiny hole can spill a lot of oil. It's pointless. the environment is very important and our oil usage is already hurting that region enough.

Spider-Bite said:
a tiny hole can spill a lot of oil. It's pointless. the environment is very important and our oil usage is already hurting that region enough.

If a tiny oil can spill a lot of oil, than we're better getting it out of the ground rather than wait for it to come out on its own and ruin the environment without us being able to do anything about it.

either way we could still do something about it. There is a reson Environmentalists are scared to death of an Alaska drilling.

Spider-Bite said:
either way we could still do something about it. There is a reson Environmentalists are scared to death of an Alaska drilling.

Yes, it's called progress.

When communism failed, most communists became environmentalists.

If I were polled on the President's performance I would give him a negative rating, but that doesn't mean I hate him.

Spider-Bite said:

Funny part is how people just blame Bush for gas prices [which isnt surprising since they blame him for everything else anyway] when he has little real control of gas prices now, just like in the late 70s, the president has little control.

who has the control? Speculators and Oil Organizations.

Odin's Lapdog said:
what i wanna know if whether or not if the government didn't cover it out and it got out, would He be given a presidential death or would he be deemed a traitor to his own country and not given a proper burial
no one wants to discuss whether a president taking their own life would be considered treason or not?

:(:(:(

War Lord said:
Yes, it's called progress.

When communism failed, most communists became environmentalists.

Nah, they all became neocons :)

Odin's Lapdog said:
no one wants to discuss whether a president taking their own life would be considered treason or not?

:(:(:(

I don't think it would be treason. I also do not think he would get a regular presidential burial. He would probably be buried in his home town and he wouldn't get a library either.

so the only national allowed to kill the president that won't be charged for treason is infact himself.

doesn't seem fair to me...

:(

..then cheney would take over and we would be in worst *****!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"