What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
It_%282017%29_poster.jpg

Belladonna of Sadness (1973)

Belladonna_of_Sadness_Japanese_B1_film_poster.jpg

The beautiful artwork in this at times looks like it was painted with watercolors and there are some psychedelic sequences throughout.

Beware! The Blob (1972)

Bewaretheblob.jpg

This low budget sequel is easily the worst of the blob films but also the most humorous some of which was probably unintentional. There's some bad acting but a couple fun cameos like Burgess Meredith and Dick Van Patten. The special effects are laughable by today's standards but there are still some cool looking blob scenes. If you've seen the Steve McQueen original or the 80s remake then you probably don't need to watch this but it was still some fun schlock.

Deadpool (2016)

Jv01Y5s.jpg

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

oKi8Pzh.jpg

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

KyU3HYU.jpg

Alien 3 (1992)

tLq0zU5.jpg

Gladiator (2000)

8SZJNbV.jpg

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)

3g4AQlI.jpg

Passengers (2016)

9MDUIUZ.jpg

The Founder (2016)

WEWZeBO.jpg

Don't Breathe (2016)

NbqihMk.jpg

Ghostbusters (2016)

JLY8xZT.jpg

What do I think of the movies in this list.
Deadpool (2016)
I like it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
I love it

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
I love it

Alien 3 (1992)
I love it

Gladiator (2000)
I love

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)
I love it

Passengers (2016)
I liked it quite a bit.

The Founder (2016)
Love it

Don't Breathe (2016)
Did not watch it.

Ghostbusters (2016)
Dull movie, never again.

Exactly to the limit of 10 images a post.

?????????????: ????? ??????? / Classmates: New Turn (2017)
High Crimes (2002)
Headshot (2016)

Just got of a screening of Hostiles. For a modern day western it was pretty good, typical of the genre & the inspirations were obvious of course. Bale was actually really good, very subdued as well. 8 / 10

Avengers Age of Ultron

What do I think of the movies in this list.
I like it.

I love it

I love it

I love it

I love

I love it

I liked it quite a bit.

Love it

Did not watch it.

Dull movie, never again.

Exactly to the limit of 10 images a post.

Don't Breathe was good. I didn't feel like it quite lived up to the expectations everyone had laid out for it, but it was quite tense. It fell apart a bit with the twist, but it was still a damn good movie.

Yeah, I'm lucky that people who work at Dartmouth have connections with people from Tribune. It's great. You need to see the film ASAP possible too.

I have always liked GDT, but as soon as he starts crossing into that fairy tale world ala Pan's Labyrinth, you know you're in for something TRULY TRULY special. The man's visuals and casting are simply flawless once he steps into this particular wheelhouse. I'm not gonna lie though...I hope the "controversy" of the fish man sex scene doesn't overshadow this film's beauty because you know the press LOVES to jump all over **** that absolutely doesn't matter.

percy Jackson and the sea of monsters

Don't Breathe was good. I didn't feel like it quite lived up to the expectations everyone had laid out for it, but it was quite tense. It fell apart a bit with the twist, but it was still a damn good movie.
The idea behind it is neat.

Finally got around to Dunkirk.

Me: no way you can make a boring movie about the desperate evacuation of 300,000 men, backs to the sea, facing capture or death.

Nolan: Hold my beer.

4/10

Finally got around to Dunkirk.

Me: no way you can make a boring movie about the desperate evacuation of 300,000 men, backs to the sea, facing capture or death.

Nolan: Hold my beer.

4/10
How did that bore you?

How did that bore you?

Good question. It just lacked tension for me. I've always been a big war movie fan, and one of the problems is that they're historical dramas. I already know the ending. The English win the Battle of Britain. The US Navy sinks the Japanese fleet at Midway. The allies finally punch off the Normandy beaches on The Longest Day. So you need to get me to care about whether specific characters live or die, and I never really cared about anyone the camera was following around. The closest was the crew of the yacht, and when they almost bought it at the end I was invested. It's beautifully shot, the locations, sets and costuming are wonderful, but in the end it all struck me as...mostly sterile? As always, YMMV and based on reviews it very much did this time. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"