What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Panther - lives up to the hype!

Brilliant! The story is excellent and all of the key characters are superbly brought to life, it's also visually rich with some unexpected moments of humour. 9/10

fKhBbF6.gif

THE LAST SAMURAI (2003)
Quality = 6.5/10
Joy = 9/10

It's as stupid as the Wolverine, lots of cool stuff about an American military man (I did not forget that Logan is Candian, the continent is named North America, that makes him an American the same way he's in Asia) going to Japan to stop being drunk. This one however doesn't have the convoluted arc of Lady Viper, or the finale with a convoluted "Thank you for saving me, now I'm going to kill you so I live young again" stuff.

This movie is stupid for different reasons, like showing a flashback of the fight we just saw, needlessly making flashbacks move in slow motion, a drunken captain able to fight more experienced sword fighters using his sword and kill them without being injured, kidnappers being friendly to him because they work for the emperor to be killed by his soldiers to benefit the country.

It's silly, but I had fun watching it.

blackpanther_GIF6.gif

Black Panther is a fantastic film, not just for the MCU but in general. Great characters with a great plot and some incredible visuals. Need to see it a few more times, but it's going to be up there in the Top 3 for me.

20201014.jpg

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (1974)
Quality = 8.5/10
Joy = 9/10

I don't know if I should say it's the first adaption of the story, but it is one of a few. I enjoyed the parts I saw of the most recent adaption that I decided to watch what is considered to be the superior adaption, I really like it.

I agree. Its underrated by the fans for some reason, but i always enjoy watching it..
What do you think of the weird ninja invasion action scene that is included there just for the sake of not leaving a long actionless gap between the two important action scenes?

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

This would make a great live-action movie. The whole thing just looked so damned cinematic.

iron man captain America heroes united

Star Wars, all 7 movies. Such a masterpiece franchise.

The Mummy with Tom Cruise

I see why it failed.

bluray1.jpg

BULLETPROOF MONK
Quality = 5/10
Joy = 8/10

Opening sequence has the signs of a terrible movie, but it's a modern mediocre recycle of Mask of Zorro (minus the kidnapped daughter of the protagonists instructor) plot with supernatural martial arts included.

murder-on-the-orient-express-poster-cast.jpg

Quality = 7.5/10
Joy = 10/10

Quite a silly adaption of the book, unlike the more subtle, nuanced, mostly on point movie that is 44 years old, it was made to be the Grand Budapest Hotel of Agatha Christy adaptions, it doesn't work well for this story but I LOOOVE IT.
Flaws aside, it's an attention grabbing movie, I find it to be one of the underrated movies of last year that deserved better critical reception than what it got. I am honestly happy that it succeeded in garnering 6 times its production budget in Box Office numbers.

giphy.gif

Drive Angry is lots of fun, and it knows it. Despite the schlocky story and obnoxious soundtrack, it's a blast. Cage plays it straight, which I guess makes sense, considering all the other craziness going on with the Cult and the Accountant.

It might sound stupid but I doubt there will ever be a film like this again! :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"