What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predator 2 as well.

Schlocky gory fun that manages to expand on the lore of the first film. Not to mention Danny Glover's manic performance is a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
From the "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time" department:

51lGOiXV%2BuL._SY445_.jpg

Dredd
Planet Terror
The Last Starfighter
Soylent Green
Future Justice

Puss In Boots

Puss In Boots

Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Operation Finale

In 1960 a group of Nazi hunters attempt to capture and debrief Adolf Eichmann (Ben Kingsley)to try and ultimately bring him to justice for his crimes.

PRAISE: I remember reading an article about the children of high ranking Nazi officers and how they recalled them saying for the most part about their involvement in the extermination of what most historians estimate the total number of deaths to be 11 million people ,was that they were just doing their duty....job....for their country.
Eichman brlliantly portrayed by Ben Kingsley says this several times,and each time is more sickening than the last,absolutely showing how mesmerizing Kingsley's performance is.
High praise also to Oscar Isaac as Peter Malkin an Israeli secret agent, and member of the Mossad intelligence agency.
He has several key and almost overwhelmingly intense scenes with Kingsley,as they both try to one up each other with mind games.
In fact their scenes together work so well i began to wonder if this could have also worked as a two man stage play.
The job of the Mossad was to get Eichmann to do certain things that i wont reveal here but it plays out so well in the film because the group desperately try not to humanize him,they try not to make a connection and i thought it was wonderfully written and displayed.
I never felt like i was being manipulated by the film when it goes for some suspenseful moments that may not be factual.
There were much needed lighter moments that i appreciated.
It was nice to see several actors i havent seen in awhile in the film which included Peter Strauss and Greta Scacchi.

PROBLEMS:There were a couple of times when the music didnt match up to the serious themes of the film,also a few visuals didnt sit well with me because i felt this was definitely not the type of film for them.More for a movie like Mission Impossible or Fast & the Furious.

In the end i was moved and highly entertained by another piece of history that was given it's due in a respectful way.

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

PEPPERMINT

After her husband and child are murdered by a drug cartel,and the justice system fails her Riley North(Jennifer Garner) plots her own course for revenge and justice

PRAISE:Jennifer Garner is incredible as North.Showing raw emotion & toughness as a loving mother who becomes an avenging angel.
I love a good revenge flick,and when you add some originality...even better !!
There was a good bait and switch with a couple of characters that i didnt see coming.
Good one liners,action sequences,and kills...and ohhh boy those head shots !!

PROBLEMS predictable moments,some cookie cutter henchmen.I could have done without the jump cuts.Some characters were given big introductions but nothing really happened with them.
It borrowed a bit from the Batman legend....but maybe that belongs in the praise portion...ha ha

In the end this was everything the Death Wish remake should have been !!

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

@StarLord Inspired me to give this another watch, it has 3 pretty good action sequences and some funny banter between Weller and Sam Elliot inbetween a dreary, stock 80's corrupt cops and drug dealers thriller plot.

6/10

Game Night which was great and also Janasheen, which is an interesting yet unintentionally hilarious Hindi film. Worth checking out at least parts of it. It’s available for free on youtube

Predators

Fun first half followed by a messy second act and an awful third act. Mahershala Ali sure has come a long way.

Bone Tomahawk - 9/10

****ing excellent. :up: This is how you do slow burn. With intriguing character build that culminates in a jaw dropping third act. I can't wait to watch Brawl In Cell Block 99 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"