Sequels Which Eliminated Character Would You Bring Back?

Not if the X-Men and the Brotherhood remained their own groups, joined together. They'd merge, but still remain individual. It's kinda hard to explain.

Ianna would rule! :eek: lol jk

The movies can "borrow" from several different versions of the comics at the same time. Have the Apocalypse storyline, but Rogue will be with Gambit.

Bleah. That'd kill the film. Especially in Paquin is still Rogue. She's atrocious, not just as the character ('cause the studio ruined "Rogue") but as an actress altogether.

Bleah. That'd kill the film. Especially in Paquin is still Rogue. She's atrocious, not just as the character ('cause the studio ruined "Rogue") but as an actress altogether.
:cmad: :cmad: How DARE you talk about Anna like that?! :cmad: :cmad:

lol personally, I love Anna as Rogue. I think that in X4, Rogue needs to get a little tougher, which, the way I'm writing it, is the next logical step in the character's growth.

:cmad: :cmad: How DARE you talk about Anna like that?! :cmad: :cmad:

lol personally, I love Anna as Rogue. I think that in X4, Rogue needs to get a little tougher, which, the way I'm writing it, is the next logical step in the character's growth.

I just see Paquin as a perpetually whiny actress... She can play those roles, but nothing else.

Besides, Rogue got cured. If they retcon the cure in ALL mutants than the entire premise of X-3 was pointless.

I just see Paquin as a perpetually whiny actress... She can play those roles, but nothing else.

Besides, Rogue got cured. If they retcon the cure in ALL mutants than the entire premise of X-3 was pointless.
No, it isn't. X3 was about taking a stand. X4 can be about redemption for your wrong choices. In fact, the title of my script is "X-Men: Redemption".

No, it isn't. X3 was about taking a stand. X4 can be about redemption for your wrong choices. In fact, the title of my script is "X-Men: Redemption".

Yeah, but what did each faction "take a stand" against? Magneto and co. took a stand against the cure. The X-Men took a stand for freedom of choice against the Brotherhood.

Loing story short, the main plot revolved around THE CURE. If it just goes away in a sequel you forfeit every last bit of X-3, except for the few minutes the Phoenix was doing her bit.

Oh, and Redemption stories are cliche anyway.

Yeah, but what did each faction "take a stand" against? Magneto and co. took a stand against the cure. The X-Men took a stand for freedom of choice against the Brotherhood.

Loing story short, the main plot revolved around THE CURE. If it just goes away in a sequel you forfeit every last bit of X-3, except for the few minutes the Phoenix was doing her bit.

Oh, and Redemption stories are cliche anyway.
Actually, "cliche" would have been Rogue running off to get the cure after Bobby began falling for Kitty, only to realize that she's wonderful just the way she is, and return in the end to her loving, accepting boyfriend (the alternate ending). Her actually making the wrong choice went against the cliche, and the story will seem incomplete unless she has a chance to redeem herself.

Actually, "cliche" would have been Rogue running off to get the cure after Bobby began falling for Kitty, only to realize that she's wonderful just the way she is, and return in the end to her loving, accepting boyfriend (the alternate ending). Her actually making the wrong choice went against the cliche, and the story will seem incomplete unless she has a chance to redeem herself.

How'd she make the wrong choice? I thought this was America, where freedom of choice is essentially the thing we fight FOR. That's why the X-Men went to Alcatraz.

Cyclops - Yes, but only because he never got a chance to shine.

Jean - No, she's had her time. Let her death mean something and don't bring her back.

Professor X - Naw, but definitely bring him back in a fifth or sixth movie. I'd like to see how the X-men handle things on their own without xavier to depend on

Mystique - She's had a good run, she can take a break from this one.

Sabretooth - No, he'll get his time again in the Wolverine movie

Magneto - Yes, but only as a greatly reduced role. I love the character and I love his portrayal of it, but I'd rather a big shift in focus for the next movies. Like Magneto got his trilogy, now I'd like to see an arc with a different main villain

Rogue - Yes, but only if she actually gets to do something this time around. If she's just going to stand around and mope, then don't bother.

Wow, I'm really enjoying this thread. I agree about Cyclops & Jean. As much as they botched up the Phoenix story, I think it's been played out. Besides, I'm eager to see Scott as more of a mission based serious leader and not just Jean's absent boyfriend....

Rogue should come back and resemble more of the comic book character. She should be a little more sassy, and how bout some curls and body in that boring hair...

Cyclops and Rogue deserve a good sequel, and X4 can be their time.

I really hope it.

Cyke, for sure. He never got his chance to shine in the first 3.

They killed the franchise by killing off Cyclops. They would have to bring back Cyclops (but should be able to explain it)... if they can't do that then a continuation of the franchise would... (fro lack of a better word) suck.

Rogue should only have minimal or no screentime at all in any and all sequals for the following reasons (pick one or more): she was depowered, the characterization of her sucks, the actress is not very good, she annoys me & most importantly, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE GAMBIT HIT ON ROGUE AS A TEENAGER!!! That's just freakin' gross.

You know Magneto will come back and Mystique (who was originally supposed to be playing chess with Magneto at the end of X3) It would also be easy to bring back Jean since they killed her as the Phoenix and have already brought her back to life once... but maybe she could sit a few movies out and they could introduce Emma Frost or Madelyne Pryor.

Sabretooth will have roles in the Wolverine solo so by the time X4 rolls around we'll probably all be tired of Wolverine stories (he was the star of all 3 X-films and his solo) and, of course Prof. X will return since he (conveniently) transferred his consciousness into his twin brother before he was imploded.

Bottom line:: no Cyclops, no X4... end of franchise.

There is still hope for Cyclops. James Marsden is still young and they could make him comeback in X4.

The actual results:

Cyclops 37
Rogue 24
Xavier 23
Magneto 21
Mystique 19
Jean 15
Sabretooth 11

Interesting to see the top of the list.

Why does everyone want Rogue to come back? Seriously...

Here's what Anna had to say about returning for future movies::

"I mean, you know, I think it would be like anything else. I loved the people I worked with and they are people I've known now for a really long time, as far as a lot of the creative people behind and in the movie. If it was something that was really interesting and exciting and I got to do something cool, of course I'd want to do it, just like anything. It would be very nice to do more of that if the timing works out or whatever."

Sorry Rogue fans... doesn't sound too hopeful.

"I mean, you know, I think it would be like anything else. I loved the people I worked with and they are people I've known now for a really long time, as far as a lot of the creative people behind and in the movie. If it was something that was really interesting and exciting and I got to do something cool, of course I'd want to do it, just like anything. It would be very nice to do more of that if the timing works out or whatever."

She'd like my script. :woot:

I think Anna was very annoyed at her character's treatment in the film. Didn't she say somewhere that she didn't agree with them curing Rogue? Can't remember...

To me yes, hehe. Really.

I think Anna was very annoyed at her character's treatment in the film. Didn't she say somewhere that she didn't agree with them curing Rogue? Can't remember...
I haven't heard of that. Though when asked what did her character do (in an informal interview with the other actresses) she said "I've got some gloves." and when asked about changed haircuts from X2 to X3, "I don't change, I never change, always the same". One more quote was "I've been in 3 action movies and never had any action. It's kind of amazing".
Halle complained a little too, and the whole interview was handled in a funny way...

Her answers were pretty controversial at the time. In a magazine interview, she says she's done with the X-movies. In Cannes, when asked if she would make an X4, she said "Absolutely." (it's in a video on Youtube) in a positive way. Now that quote from Reallycoolguy, which actually sounds positive to me. She also was the last to sign for X3.

I think only time will tell. To me, it will all depend on the creative team. If Ratner and the writers come back, I'm about sure she'll jump out. Unless everyone comes back and she gets an awesome role on the script.

I haven't heard of that. Though when asked what did her character do (in an informal interview with the other actresses) she said "I've got some gloves." and when asked about changed haircuts from X2 to X3, "I don't change, I never change, always the same". One more quote was "I've been in 3 action movies and never had any action. It's kind of amazing".
Halle complained a little too, and the whole interview was handled in a funny way...

Her answers were pretty controversial at the time. In a magazine interview, she says she's done with the X-movies. In Cannes, when asked if she would make an X4, she said "Absolutely." (it's in a video on Youtube) in a positive way. Now that quote from Reallycoolguy, which actually sounds positive to me. She also was the last to sign for X3.

I think only time will tell. To me, it will all depend on the creative team. If Ratner and the writers come back, I'm about sure she'll jump out. Unless everyone comes back and she gets an awesome role on the script.
I agree. If it's a good role, she'll come back. If not, then no.

I think its clear that the character fans want most is Cyclops. In X3 he never got to interact with anyone outside of Logan and Jean. It's really terrible...

And in all the movies he's pushed to the side and absent for most of the action! And he's the leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"