• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS Which Green Lantern should be used? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again we aren't getting anywhere. I'm not going to cede any ground and I don't expect anyone else to. It's just one of those things.

I supposed it's possible that a CGI suit Green Lantern could look good in the hands of someone like Snyder, who proved with Zod in MOS that he could make a CGI suit look completely real. But is it really worth the risk if your costume team can create something that looks just as good?

Stan Lee's Green Lantern. :oldrazz:

7hQP8aL.jpg

What an underwhelming story that was. Perhaps I had my hopes up too high. Did you read any of the other Just Imagines? Were any of them worth the purchase price?

I heard all of the "Just Imagines" were bad but I never bothered to read any of them. I hated all of the character designs.

The Green Lantern suit should be completely practical, with some mild CGI enhancements on the green parts of the suit.

i tend to agree about the suit composition, but someone else made a good point earlier: all of gl's constructs are energy creations, but the suit is somehow cloth? to that point, i do like the idea behind the reynolds outfit, but agree its execution was lacking. whatever snyder decides on, i'm sure it will look great. of course, that's if gl even shows up!

Its more a matter of, in the comics the GL outfit is always portrayed as being little different from any other super hero costume. Sure, its created by their powers, but hell, that's true of a lot of costumes.

So, that being the case. . . why would you expend a ton of production budget making a "costume" entirely out of CGI? What benefit does that bring even close to worth the cost?

I doubt that if GL shows up. the suit will be with CGI completely. especially with Wilkinson possibly returning for Justice League and Snyder directing it.

my biggest pet peeve with hal designs is when people give him a domino mask that doesn't cover his nose. come to think of it, i've seen a few artists do it when drawing his new52 look. it's like they don't even know the costume. i'm thinking of things i've seen from fans, not dc's books. anyway, i just hope we GET a green lantern in justice league.

edit--looks like hair defender agrees with my last thought :D

All of this exactly. I hate when they draw the nose exposed on his masks, like how the Spirit's or Robin's are supposed to look. GL's nose is ALWAYS covered.

Hey, all, former KS here. I'm posting here because I'm not sure how else to find a mod quickly but I'm sure they'll see this post so I figured it'd just be easier to have them come to me. Anyway, mods, CAN I come back now? I really like much of the community here and always have and have enjoyed reading and interacting with other posters and most of them were cool with me before I became more caustic. I promise to be less abrasive with how I express myself should I return. I would really like it if I could come back. I don't mean to bother anyone, I just really like the site and superheroes, and swear I'll be good.

Please at least consider it before you hit the ban button. Nobody likes desperation, but I thought it was worth a shot. As always, thanks for reading.

I support your return. You weren't just a troll, you actually had something to say.

Green Lantern/Flash discussions on these boards haven't been the same

yeah i know, you should be allowed to come back.

who do you want for Hal? and I can't decide who would be the best villain for a Brave and the Bold film.

I can't believe that there are people who are okay with him coming back.

I can't believe that there are people who are okay with him coming back.

Neither can I, yes, he wasn't a troll, but that really just made his behavior even worse, he was offensive, condescending, temperamental, and arrogant more often than he was respectful and his rants would go on for entire pages.

Neither can I, yes, he wasn't a troll, but that really just made his behavior even worse, he was offensive, condescending, temperamental, and arrogant more often than he was respectful and his rants would go on for entire pages.
I mean you are right, there isn't much I feel like adding for now.

I think it's Han Solo and Shaft's lovechild, to be precise.

Hal fans are few, and they stick together.

Few? In comparison to Superman, Batman, and Spider-man, yes. But characters with only a few fans don't endure for 55 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"